Windows 10: Commercial Use - Windows Home 10 to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Commercial Use - Windows Home 10 to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, We have a laptop which has Windows 10 Home pre-installed. We want to upgrade this to the Pro edition. This laptop is business property; are we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NatalieThorne1, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Commercial Use - Windows Home 10 to Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

We have a laptop which has Windows 10 Home pre-installed. We want to upgrade this to the Pro edition. This laptop is business property; are we able to upgrade for commercial use? I asked our supplier for an upgraded license but have been told that we are unable to upgrade. Our company has access to the VLSC portal but we do not have a volume agreement for Windows - is this why we are unable to order an the license?

I have had a search online but can see some websites which state that we CAN upgrade in a commercial environment, but then i have also seen websites saying we CANT. Which is correct?!

Help :

Thanks in advance

:)

NatalieThorne1, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Mar 31, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Commercial Use - Windows Home 10 to Windows 10 Pro

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Commercial Use - Windows Home 10 to Windows 10 Pro

1. Commercial Use - Windows Home 10 to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Commercial Home Pro

2. Windows 11 Home - is it OK for commercial use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home - is it OK for commercial use?: Hello, I was trying my best to find out if I can purchase a Windows 11Home NOT PRO for my new laptop so it is not an upgrade which is purchased and will be used for my company so commercial use. I am a solopreneur so it's just me in the company, if this matters in any...
  3. Using Windows Home for Commercial / Company Use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Windows Home for Commercial / Company Use: Hi all.. i wondering if i buy notebook that comes with Windows 10 Home Edition OEM, for commercial or company use? as long as i know and search, there is no statement that company must use Pro Edition, but, suggested to use Pro Edition.or i can still buy Windows 10 Home...
  4. Using Windows Home for Commercial / Company Use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Windows Home for Commercial / Company Use: Hi all.. i wondering if i buy notebook that comes with Windows 10 Home Edition OEM, for commercial or company use? as long as i know and search, there is no statement that company must use Pro Edition, but, suggested to use Pro Edition.or i can still buy Windows 10 Home...
  5. Using Windows Home for Commercial / Company Use

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. can windows 10 pro be used for commercial purposes ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can windows 10 pro be used for commercial purposes ?: I have purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro, but can I use Windows 10 Pro for commercial purposes, such as the use of creating books or video content for sale?...
  7. using an unactivated windows 10 for commercial use

using an unactivated windows 10 for commercial use: HelloI want to ask about Windows 10,this is my condition I want to make an e-book that might be commercialized, I just don't have enough money yet to buy a licensed windowsMay I use Windows 10 that has not been activated in making an e-book through a free application, once...
  8. Is it legal of Windows 10 Home version for Commercial/Company use?

Is it legal of Windows 10 Home version for Commercial/Company use?: Is it legal of Windows 10 Home version for Commercial/Company use? From Malaysia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-legal-of-windows-10-home-version-for/4d5f10cd-5759-443d-9fec-41162a524ff7"
  9. Windows 10 Home as commercial use

Windows 10 Home as commercial use: Is Windows 10 Home software allows to be use as commercial? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-as-commercial-use/25709e70-6aa9-4a4f-84ab-02ede923719a"
  10. Windows 10 Home (& Pro) Commercial Use Licensing Question (because Microsoft don't seem to...

Windows 10 Home (& Pro) Commercial Use Licensing Question (because Microsoft don't seem to...: The problem is that I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop and Windows 10 Professional on my main PC. Although the many threads on this subject say that you can use both for business use, the fact is that the license terms for BOTH clearly state that neither can be use for...