Windows 10: Common bios settings that should be modified?

Discus and support Common bios settings that should be modified? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What are some common bios settings that improves performance? Sata power management Watch Dog Timer Amt Fast Boot Hp clear keys Those are some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smirk24, Mar 22, 2019.

1. smirk24 Win User

Common bios settings that should be modified?

What are some common bios settings that improves performance?

Sata power management
    Watch Dog Timer
    Amt
    Fast Boot
    Hp clear keys

Those are some settings in my bios that i am curious if they are needed. (Id rather have as much performance as possible so id rather turn off power save settings)

:)

smirk24, Mar 22, 2019

2. Bios settings

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to switch from IDE to ACHL and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +
      R
      from the Keyboard.
    • Type regedit and hit
      Enter
    • Browse to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci\
    • Change the DWord value named "Start" from "3" (IDE) to "0" (AHCL)
    • Shutdown the computer.
    • Power the computer back on, making sure to enter the BIOS and change the SATA Operation to AHCL.
    • Save the change.
    Registry Disclaimer:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 22, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Common bios settings that should be modified?

How to change BIOS Settings.

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to switch from IDE to ACHL and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +
      R
      from the Keyboard.
    • Type regedit and hit
      Enter
    • Browse to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci\
    • Change the DWord value named "Start" from "3" (IDE) to "0" (AHCL)
    • Shutdown the computer.
    • Power the computer back on, making sure to enter the BIOS and change the SATA Operation to AHCL.
    • Save the change.
    Registry Disclaimer:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Common bios settings that should be modified?

1. Common bios settings that should be modified? - Similar Threads - Common bios settings

2. How should I modify the username on Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How should I modify the username on Win10?: I found that my usernamethe one that appears under "C://Users/ on Win10 doesn't include the last letter of it; for example, it's showing up as "kitt," which should be "kitty". I thought I made some mistake while creating an account on the PC, but I'm logging in with Microsoft...
  3. How should I modify the username on Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How should I modify the username on Win10?: I found that my usernamethe one that appears under "C://Users/ on Win10 doesn't include the last letter of it; for example, it's showing up as "kitt," which should be "kitty". I thought I made some mistake while creating an account on the PC, but I'm logging in with Microsoft...
  4. How should I modify the username on Win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Your System has not been modified Which seems to be a common error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your System has not been modified Which seems to be a common error: Hello,I've been trying to download CorelPainter onto my laptop and I keep receiving that fun message of "Your system has not been modified". It also says "The downloaded install helper is unable to find the installer online".I've gone through Corel help which has been no...
  6. Your System has not been modified Which seems to be a common error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your System has not been modified Which seems to be a common error: Hello,I've been trying to download CorelPainter onto my laptop and I keep receiving that fun message of "Your system has not been modified". It also says "The downloaded install helper is unable to find the installer online".I've gone through Corel help which has been no...
  7. Should I modify my Virtual Memory?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Should I modify my Virtual Memory?: Like the title says, should I do some changes to my virtual memory? The numbers seem rather low and I was wondering what should be the correct values. I have 8GB of RAM and I don't know what numbers to add to improve my performance in games. I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit,...
  8. Should I modify my Virtual Memory?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I modify my Virtual Memory?: Like the title says, should I do some changes to my virtual memory? The numbers seem rather low and I was wondering what should be the correct values. I have 8GB of RAM and I don't know what numbers to add to improve my performance in games. I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit,...
  9. Should I change these bios settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I change these bios settings?: Can anybody explain these settings in bios? I dont really understand how these settings work. [img] [img] 60040
  10. Settings Menu Modified

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Menu Modified: I was working with a computer in our small club and noticed that the Settings menu had been changed from displaying the normal category icons to listing the categories similar to changing the File Explorer view from icons to details. I could not find anyway to revert this. Is...