Windows 10: Commputer Shutdown Lost Document

Discus and support Commputer Shutdown Lost Document in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was working on a paper for finals and my computer shut down. The document is not in the recovery folder and the paper is due tomorrow. I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by moneymaster, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Commputer Shutdown Lost Document

I was working on a paper for finals and my computer shut down. The document is not in the recovery folder and the paper is due tomorrow. I don't know much about computers what do I do?

:)

moneymaster, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Shutdown

Hi,

To restart or shut down a remote computer and document the reason using the Windows interface, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type shutdown /i to display the Remote Shutdown
      dialog box (Shutdown.exe).
    • Under Computers, click Add to enter computer names, or click
      Browse to open the Find Computers dialog box.
    • Under What do you want these computers to do, click Restart
      or Shut down.
    • Select the appropriate reason for the restart or shutdown from the list.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Lost text

Hi Martha,

There are a lot of possible factor for a text or a
    word document to be lost. To isolate the issue, I have some questions for you:

• What application did you use to create the text document?

• Were there any changes made before the text was lost?

• Were there any recent application installed?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Commputer Shutdown Lost Document

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Commputer Shutdown Lost Document

1. Commputer Shutdown Lost Document - Similar Threads - Commputer Shutdown Lost

2. Lost all my documents after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all my documents after an update: I was with tech support yesterday and he did an update to fix my problems, which didn't work, and I lost all my documents. I did a "restore to earlier date" and they are still missing. How do I get them back?...
  3. Lost everything in Desktop and Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost everything in Desktop and Documents folder: I had been using Windows 10 at home with a local account after the PC was updated from Windows 7. Everything was fine even after I changed the account to a newly applied Microsoft account. However, all the files under Desktop and Documents were gone after a major Windows...
  4. recovery of lost document

recovery of lost document: I had blocked my document to change the size of the text from 16 to 14. Still being unfamiliar with Windows 10, I was hunting for the right selection in the bar. I thought I found it and clicked. My entire text has vanished. PANIC. Hardly dare touch a thing. except I clicked...
  5. Lost my document!

Lost my document!: I typed up an essay paper and didn't save it properly in error. I've tried everything to retrieve it, but it is not working. It said that I did save it in the Network system, but nothing is there. Lastly, I must have pressed a button in error, and it downloaded to an app...
  6. Personalization changes in Windows settings are all lost after a shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization changes in Windows settings are all lost after a shutdown or restart: Over the last few days, I've noticed than any and all personalization changes I've made in Window settings on my Windows 10 desktop PC with all current updates are undone and lost after a shutdown or restart. Has anyone else observed this? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] As an...
  7. Windows 10 Update results in all settings and documents lost!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update results in all settings and documents lost!: First of all I'll make a complaint. I am very disappointed with Windows 10. It's been one of the worst Windows ever made and sooner or later I will switch from Windows to some normal OS sofware. I have been let down too many times by it (not just 10 but all of the former as...
  8. Reset Windows 10 - lost Documents, Downloads folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reset Windows 10 - lost Documents, Downloads folders: I recently reset my Windows 10 (latest update) PC and selected Keep My Files. When the reset had finished my Documents and Downloads folders were gone. Is this behavior by design? Would the Reset procedure have moved them to some backup location? 79621
  9. Documents Library - Lost Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Library - Lost Contents: Hi all. First time over in the 10 Forums, but an old time member of the 7 Forum *chuckle I'm trying to work out a concern today, that's frankly driving me nuts. I installed the latest Creators Update a couple of days ago, and noticed this today, so I'm assuming its...
  10. All Files within My Documents lost

in Windows 10 Support
    All Files within My Documents lost: After a recent upgrade to Windows 10 pro I lost all my files within my documents The funny thing is that all files within my pictures and video, music were not affected. Has anyone else experienced this or knows what to do? 34534