Windows 10: Commputer Shutdown Lost Document

Discus and support Commputer Shutdown Lost Document in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was working on a paper for finals and my computer shut down. The document is not in the recovery folder and the paper is due tomorrow. I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by moneymaster, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Commputer Shutdown Lost Document

I was working on a paper for finals and my computer shut down. The document is not in the recovery folder and the paper is due tomorrow. I don't know much about computers what do I do?

:)

moneymaster, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Shutdown

Hi,

To restart or shut down a remote computer and document the reason using the Windows interface, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type shutdown /i to display the Remote Shutdown
      dialog box (Shutdown.exe).
    • Under Computers, click Add to enter computer names, or click
      Browse to open the Find Computers dialog box.
    • Under What do you want these computers to do, click Restart
      or Shut down.
    • Select the appropriate reason for the restart or shutdown from the list.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Lost text

Hi Martha,

There are a lot of possible factor for a text or a
    word document to be lost. To isolate the issue, I have some questions for you:

• What application did you use to create the text document?

• Were there any changes made before the text was lost?

• Were there any recent application installed?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Commputer Shutdown Lost Document

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Commputer Shutdown Lost Document

1. Commputer Shutdown Lost Document - Similar Threads - Commputer Shutdown Lost

2. Lost document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost document: Can't find a document that I just moved to a different folder. How do I undo the move?*Moved from Teams. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-document/70757f71-3502-493f-8b7c-c657655ed52f
  3. Lost document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost document: Can't find a document that I just moved to a different folder. How do I undo the move?*Moved from Teams. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-document/70757f71-3502-493f-8b7c-c657655ed52f
  4. Lost document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. LOST DOCUMENTS

LOST DOCUMENTS: I have just spent hours completing a form I saved it in google docs and emailed it to someone. The email has disappeared and the form is now coming up blank. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-documents/1f69c59d-79d7-4044-b9e3-58908fdb565a
  6. LOST DOCUMENT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LOST DOCUMENT: Hi, guys I really need some help. I was writing a document on Mord (Windows 10) and I left to go somewhere for a while. I noticed before I left that I had a Windows update pending (2004) but decided that I would come back and take care of it. I came back and my laptop was...
  7. Lost Document

Lost Document: I went to save my document, clicked Save As, then clicked Browse so I could insert it into a certain file, but as soon as I clicked it, Word closed and then rebooted to the screen where you choose the document template. The first time it did this I figured it was a fluke, I...
  8. Lost documents

Lost documents: Can't find document anywhere. In middle of working on a 7 page document a Microsoft notice popped up on OneNote asking for my password. I gave it and tried to go back to my document. Only 4 paragraphs of the 7 pages were there. I had been saving after every page...
  9. Lost document

Lost document: I was working on the second page of a document and closed down and went to lunch. When I returned and tried to get into the document, I could only get into page two, page one seems to have disappeared and I cannot retrieve it Please help RayTJ...
  10. Lost Documents

Lost Documents: I have lost my Documents and files after an update in windows 10, can't find them anywhere in the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-documents/8a0ec8a5-5e38-4136-b7ac-67b2ba93da16"