Windows 10: Communication Error Scanning To PC

Discus and support Communication Error Scanning To PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Epson Artisan 837 all-in-one. Two of the functions are to Scan to PC or Scan to PC (PDF). Following up automatic update to my laptop, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tim S08, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Tim S08 Win User

Communication Error Scanning To PC

I have an Epson Artisan 837 all-in-one. Two of the functions are to Scan to PC or Scan to PC (PDF). Following up automatic update to my laptop, when I select either of those functions, the name of my laptop does not show up on the Select PC control panel of the printer. I see an option for USB Connection and Last Used, and if I click either I get an error message saying Communication error. Make sure the computer is connected then try again.

I can scan to the PC using the Epson Scan software on the laptop. I have also checked the network settings that Epson technical support had me check:

Communication Error Scanning To PC f1a942bf-4978-4aaa-b94c-a1732de30297?upload=true.jpg

I've also verified that the IP address in the Epson Scan Settings matches the IP address from the scanner's setup menu:

Communication Error Scanning To PC 7b543e1d-2203-42ac-abdc-5f2e1892476b?upload=true.jpg

I've also verified that I can successfully ping that IP address:

Communication Error Scanning To PC d37cf155-57a2-4ac4-9997-3bd4a35ceaef?upload=true.jpg

I've had this problem a few times before, and following the update Epson has been able to tell me what to change. This time, after a very frustrating 30 minutes on the phone, they basically threw in the towel and said it must be a MS/Windows problem and they could not offer any suggestions. I did find an article that said I should update to the newest version of Epson Event Manager, and I was behind a few versions so I did do that, and both rebooted my laptop and recycled the printer, with no change.

Communication Error Scanning To PC c27481a6-3dbb-4522-8432-a80cb0333df8?upload=true.jpg

They also seemed very interested in the Event Manager Log, but didn't seem to thing there was anything wrong there.

Communication Error Scanning To PC 7a6709bb-70c2-4ad7-83f0-48c00b72885d?upload=true.jpg

The laptop is running Win10 Home. Other than Webroot SecureAnywhere, which has been running since I bought the laptop, I'm not running any other antivirus software. Any suggestions are appreciated.

TIA

:)

Tim S08, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error: Set the PC to start scanning when scanning using Cannon scanner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What is the complete error message?
    • Which application are you using to scan the document?
    • What is the make and model of the scanner?
    • Were you able to use the scanner earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Install and use a scanner in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the detailed information to help you with the issue.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Hash key errors when running SFC Scan on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the system doesn’t work the way it is supposed to.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try running DISM scan and see if that fixes the issue. Kindly follow the steps below to run the scan.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command Prompt.
    2. Now right-click on
      Command Prompt (Desktop app)
      and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. On the UAC prompt click on
      Yes.
    4. Type the following command and hit enter: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

5. Once the process is completed type
      exit and hit enter to close.

Note: This step may take a few minutes to start and up to 30 minutes to complete.

You may also want to make sure that Windows is up to date. Refer the article
    Keep your PC up to date

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Communication Error Scanning To PC

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Communication Error Scanning To PC

1. Communication Error Scanning To PC - Similar Threads - Communication Error Scanning

2. android not communicating with PC. MTP driver error "a service installation of this INF is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    android not communicating with PC. MTP driver error "a service installation of this INF is...: android not communicating with PC. MTP driver error "a service installation of this INF is invalid"Appears to have occured after an April 1st update....
  3. android not communicating with PC. MTP driver error "a service installation of this INF is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    android not communicating with PC. MTP driver error "a service installation of this INF is...: android not communicating with PC. MTP driver error "a service installation of this INF is invalid"Appears to have occured after an April 1st update....
  4. Scan to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan to PC: My scanner is not scanning to my PC. The printer works so it has to be connected? How do I scan to my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-to-pc/e66616a2-cc93-4863-b607-46819006d338
  5. Scan to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan to PC: My scanner is not scanning to my PC. The printer works so it has to be connected? How do I scan to my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-to-pc/e66616a2-cc93-4863-b607-46819006d338
  6. Printer not communicating wih pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer not communicating wih pc: I am using Windows 10 in my HP laptop. My printer is HP desk jet 2630. They are not communicating. What shall I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-communicating-wih-pc/371a1d0a-87ec-40e8-beb0-0450a7acfe0c
  7. communication

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    communication: How do you get to speak to a person at microsoft??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/communication/7bc3f469-0acf-4ebe-8fc5-bef63e224ac0"
  8. Epson WF printer Communication Error

Epson WF printer Communication Error: I have Windows 10, and Epson WF 2750 all-in-one. Wifi has been set up. Trying to scan a paper and send to my laptop, it requires a USB connection. I connected USB cable and I get "Communication Error. Check if the computer is connected." I have been able to scan and print...
  9. error shown while scanning the PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    error shown while scanning the PC: My PC shows the massage the PC at risk & also shows the error code 0x80240022 while Full Scanning the PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/error-shown-while-scanning-the-pc/286f7811-bf0e-4555-8c49-47baf16f8e2f"
  10. Epson Scan cannot Communicate.

Epson Scan cannot Communicate.: I have two different Epson Photo Flat Bed Scanners. models V330 and V370 photo . When attempting to use, both models show a box that says ... . I have deleted the app and reinstalled with no success on either flat bed scanner . I have unchecked compatibility mode....