Windows 10: Communication settings "Do Nothing" is broken & unreliable. FIX IT!

Discus and support Communication settings "Do Nothing" is broken & unreliable. FIX IT! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; You need to learn to stop f......messing...with "Features" you deem "useful" this "feature" is missing with my sound, music, games...etc when I watch a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Squire_, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Squire_ Win User

Communication settings "Do Nothing" is broken & unreliable. FIX IT!

You need to learn to stop f......messing...with "Features" you deem "useful" this "feature" is missing with my sound, music, games...etc when I watch a youtube video for example, HOW do I completely disable this feature, via registry or other. Don't tell me to rollback drivers or update or reinstall ANYTHING because I've done all the stupid basic trouble shooting. If someone tells responds saying this I'm gonna lose my ****.

This "feature" is unreliable after reboot, when I do something in a browser that wants to play a sound or doesn't, it will lower my Foobar/music player to 20% of its volume and not return it unless I close the tab or browser. Your feature is BREAKING other software, As a mulit-billion dollar company & developers you should appalled at your software breaking other BASIC functionality of other software! fix it. THIS WASN'T A PROBLEM BEFORE! WHY???

:)

Squire_, Oct 19, 2019
  2. STEvil Win User

Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Communication settings "Do Nothing" is broken & unreliable. FIX IT! - Similar Threads - Communication settings Nothing

2. Wifi Driver appears broken and nothing is fixing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Driver appears broken and nothing is fixing it.: Hi everyone,Recently, I've noticed an issue appearing on my laptop. Periodically, usually once or twice per day, my Wi-Fi connection will cut out. It does this randomly, and I cannot reconnect despite seeing the signal. If I turn Wi-Fi on and off, all the connections...
  3. Wifi Driver appears broken and nothing is fixing it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Driver appears broken and nothing is fixing it.: Hi everyone,Recently, I've noticed an issue appearing on my laptop. Periodically, usually once or twice per day, my Wi-Fi connection will cut out. It does this randomly, and I cannot reconnect despite seeing the signal. If I turn Wi-Fi on and off, all the connections...
  4. Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.

Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.: Hello I'm looking for some help in fixing my windows update. I feel like I've tried everything short of a fresh install of windows, which I'm trying to avoid if possible. Let me lay out the situation and what I've tried It originally began with the PC having poor performance...
  5. Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.: Hello I'm looking for some help in fixing my windows update. I feel like I've tried everything short of a fresh install of windows, which I'm trying to avoid if possible. Let me lay out the situation and what I've tried It originally began with the PC having poor performance...
  6. Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Microsoft store is broken, nothing fixes it, and I mean nothing.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store is broken, nothing fixes it, and I mean nothing.: Why is Microsoft store such a **** service? It works for a single day, then **** breaks for the next three months. How have you guys made another OS even if it sucks **** and have not fixed your **** store service? Everything I do does nothing.I have done the following...
  8. Microsoft store is broken, nothing fixes it, and I mean nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store is broken, nothing fixes it, and I mean nothing.: Why is Microsoft store such a **** service? It works for a single day, then **** breaks for the next three months. How have you guys made another OS even if it sucks **** and have not fixed your **** store service? Everything I do does nothing.I have done the following...
  9. Microsoft store is broken, nothing fixes it, and I mean nothing.

10. Windows 10 - "Do Nothing" option for communication not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - "Do Nothing" option for communication not working: Hi all! Here is my problem: - When a communication application is used Teams, Discord..., the volume of other application are toned down probably to the 80% setting. Example: Music through internet browser, video, game... Conditions: - Windows 10 Pro - Laptop HP...