Windows 10: Community Guidelines on MSN site

Discus and support Community Guidelines on MSN site in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just had a post fail to meet community guidelines when very respecfully explained the difference between facsism and communism yet someone can call... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gwen Yeo, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Gwen Yeo Win User

Community Guidelines on MSN site

I just had a post fail to meet community guidelines when very respecfully explained the difference between facsism and communism yet someone can call another person a "far quit" or a pedophile and have the post allowed. Please explain.The original post"A vote for Greens is a vote for fascist, communism."My attempted response."Joe Rudzyn That would be clever and the Greens aren't that clever. I didn't know you could be both.Fascism is a nationalistic, top-down system with rigid class roles that is ruled by an all-powerful dictator, while communism is a system based around a theory of econo

:)

Gwen Yeo, Feb 27, 2024
  2. Craig B3 Win User

MSN, Community guidelines and standards being inappropriately applied.

MSN 'Community Guidelines' are INSANE. I can't post, "I am gay". [Among other things] It's considered by these guidelines to be 'hate speech'. How ridiculous. Shame on MSN.

Craig B3, Feb 27, 2024
  3. MSN, Community guidelines and standards being inappropriately applied.

The guidelines are a joke. I couldn't even write the word complaining in a sentence without getting blocked. Makes me not care what I write there anymore. All my comments are low-effort now because I'm tired of writing a well thought-out comment just to get denied.

David Starks, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Mari Tay Win User

MSN comments guidelines

This problem seems to affect many. If I click on a story, Microsoft (MSN) provides a place to make comments and receive comments. There are community guidelines and comments deemed offensive or that do not meet the guidelines get blocked. I'm looking for a way to show them some comments that got blocked. I've looked all over. It is probably a flawed algorithm doing the checking but might be a flawed person. I have many examples. Today a person that calls herself "CathyIsFedUP" posted a comment I thought had some incorrect information. I politely disputed the 3-4 items on her list. She politely replied back that after checking she was wrong on one point. She originally claimed Michelle Obama stole stuff from the White House. In her reply she said it was actually Hilliary Clinton that stole things when Bill Clinton was leaving office. I tried to reply back -

"That makes more sense. I never cared for the politics of the Clintons or Obama, but I felt the Obamas at the personal level were more honorable"

That (my) comment was blocked for not meeting community guidelines.

Maybe I'm nuts. Does anybody else think my comment is offensive? Cathy and I had about the friendliest exchange between people in an article related to politics. There is a big issue in our country about big tech companies stifling free speech. I'd hate to see Microsoft get dragged into it for blocking comments like this. On the plus side, most on the right think Microsoft and MSN is a mouthpiece for the left. Blocking me saying something nice about Obama might help you prove them wrong! ������

Again, this is probably the wrong place for this question, but I dare any of you to try contacting Microsoft or MSN about anything to do with their posting guidelines thru the pages and links they provide. You just go around in dead end circles.

Mari Tay, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

1. Community Guidelines on MSN site - Similar Threads - Community Guidelines MSN

2. Community Guidelines on MSN site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Community Guidelines on MSN site: I just had a post fail to meet community guidelines when very respecfully explained the difference between facsism and communism yet someone can call another person a "far quit" or a pedophile and have the post allowed. Please explain.The original post"A vote for Greens is a...
  3. Community guidelines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Community guidelines: Why is it inappropriate for me to use a word in a response to a remark on an article that has already been used in the body of the remark that was made? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If the word bigot is used in a remark and I repeat the word in my response, why...
  4. Community guidelines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Community guidelines: Why is it inappropriate for me to use a word in a response to a remark on an article that has already been used in the body of the remark that was made? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If the word bigot is used in a remark and I repeat the word in my response, why...
  5. Why are my posts on MSN being tagged as violating the community guidelines?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my posts on MSN being tagged as violating the community guidelines?: I have had many posts blocked for violating the community guidelines. It has become tiresome.This was the latest "offensive" comment that I was not able to post, where I wished to comment on an article about the most unhealthy items sold at Trader Joe's:"Many of these are...
  6. Why are my posts on MSN being tagged as violating the community guidelines?

Why are my posts on MSN being tagged as violating the community guidelines?: I have had many posts blocked for violating the community guidelines. It has become tiresome.This was the latest "offensive" comment that I was not able to post, where I wished to comment on an article about the most unhealthy items sold at Trader Joe's:"Many of these are...
  7. Microsoft Community Guidelines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Community Guidelines: Why does Microsoft Community Guidelines reject "A 6 foot fence cuts off light"? They seriously need to look at what words are considered offensive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-community-guidelines/d0e3083d-dd8e-47fe-9221-5ba92b2e8417
  8. Microsoft Community Guidelines

Microsoft Community Guidelines: Why does Microsoft Community Guidelines reject "A 6 foot fence cuts off light"? They seriously need to look at what words are considered offensive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-community-guidelines/d0e3083d-dd8e-47fe-9221-5ba92b2e8417
  9. Community Guidelines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Community Guidelines: I cannot submit this comment in the news article I'm interested in commenting on. From what I see nothing contained below contains anything that might be even remotely offensive or dangerous that would preclude it from being submitted. "Whatever they come up with is not going...
  10. Community Guidelines

Community Guidelines: I cannot submit this comment in the news article I'm interested in commenting on. From what I see nothing contained below contains anything that might be even remotely offensive or dangerous that would preclude it from being submitted. "Whatever they come up with is not going...