Windows 10: Community

Discus and support Community in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I gave a guy a computer and tried to reset it to get rid of my files on that computer. I ran into a glitch and the black screen of death. I was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stevie the great, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Community

I gave a guy a computer and tried to reset it to get rid of my files on that computer. I ran into a glitch and the black screen of death. I was able to use the windows recovery tool from dell and restore windows. However I saved my files to that drive and now have windows with all my files on that computer. I also have one drive still linked to that computer and a user account with my picture on it and don’t know how to delete tgat local account? What can I do? Do I need to risk resetting the computer again to delete my files on it without having ti delete them in one drive which is alsi on my new computer!!!

:)

stevie the great, Feb 22, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Communication Problem

Hello David,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience.

At this point, I suggest you to check if restoring the system to an earlier point of time helps to resolve the issue.

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

If it does exist, then take help of the steps provided in the below link to restore from a System Restore point.

Ref:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Kindly keep us posted for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Community

Unable to communicate with cortana : Windows 10

Hi Allan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Community

1. Community - Similar Threads - Community

2. USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...: I have an issue, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, wherein all along something worked UNTIL it didn't...USBC Hub with monitors FOR A BUSINESS LAPTOP, just quit recognizing monitors one day in April 2024 - M1 MacPro works as it always has, while an HP Home computer is fine. Yet somehow a...
  3. USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...: I have an issue, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, wherein all along something worked UNTIL it didn't...USBC Hub with monitors FOR A BUSINESS LAPTOP, just quit recognizing monitors one day in April 2024 - M1 MacPro works as it always has, while an HP Home computer is fine. Yet somehow a...
  4. Why Is Every Single Topic In The Community Always Locked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Is Every Single Topic In The Community Always Locked?: Whenever I go searching for a solution to a problem, I find threads in which the problem has not been solved, yet the thread is locked. In fact, I have never once in my experience found a single thread in this community which wasn't locked. They're always locked even though...
  5. Why Is Every Single Topic In The Community Always Locked?

Why Is Every Single Topic In The Community Always Locked?: Whenever I go searching for a solution to a problem, I find threads in which the problem has not been solved, yet the thread is locked. In fact, I have never once in my experience found a single thread in this community which wasn't locked. They're always locked even though...
  6. when will Windows 11 be fixed So many problems read the community and others that say it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when will Windows 11 be fixed So many problems read the community and others that say it is...: when will Windows 11 be fixed So many problems read the community and others that say it is the worst yet sending Emails no more than 10 lines and send in less trhan an hour or windows blames internetSaving every PDF not open and read from emailsso much and not enough time...
  7. when will Windows 11 be fixed So many problems read the community and others that say it is...

when will Windows 11 be fixed So many problems read the community and others that say it is...: when will Windows 11 be fixed So many problems read the community and others that say it is the worst yet sending Emails no more than 10 lines and send in less trhan an hour or windows blames internetSaving every PDF not open and read from emailsso much and not enough time...
  8. Darshan Hiranandani - How do I troubleshoot a Windows update issue in the Microsoft Community?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Darshan Hiranandani - How do I troubleshoot a Windows update issue in the Microsoft Community?: Hi, I'm Darshan Hiranandani, I've been encountering some issues with Windows updates lately and could use some help troubleshooting. Whenever I try to update my Windows system, it either gets stuck at a certain percentage or fails to complete the update altogether. Has anyone...
  9. Darshan Hiranandani - How do I troubleshoot a Windows update issue in the Microsoft Community?

Darshan Hiranandani - How do I troubleshoot a Windows update issue in the Microsoft Community?: Hi, I'm Darshan Hiranandani, I've been encountering some issues with Windows updates lately and could use some help troubleshooting. Whenever I try to update my Windows system, it either gets stuck at a certain percentage or fails to complete the update altogether. Has anyone...
  10. Darshan Hiranandani - How do I troubleshoot a Windows update issue in the Microsoft Community?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade