Windows 10: Comodo firewall - telemetry, tasks reappearing in task scheduler

Discus and support Comodo firewall - telemetry, tasks reappearing in task scheduler in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've noticed that Comodo has several tasks in the Windows task scheduler - and no matter how many times I disable them, or even delete them, they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rivre, May 31, 2018.

1. rivre Win User

Comodo firewall - telemetry, tasks reappearing in task scheduler

I've noticed that Comodo has several tasks in the Windows task scheduler - and no matter how many times I disable them, or even delete them, they reappear every time I reboot, with new scheduled times:

Comodo Telemetry
    - At log on of any user
    - One time - After triggered, repeat every 2 hours indefinitely

Comodo maintenance

Comodo CMC
    - At system startup
    - One time - After triggered, repeat every 1 hour indefinitely

Even going into task scheduler individual properties and manually unchecking "enabled" for each one doesn't make a difference - they keep coming back. Throughout the day, Comodo "comes alive" and I notice HDD activity, which is often annoying, and Resource Monitor shows it's Comodo. This is even though I have Auto-Containment, HIPS, VirusScope, and Website Filtering off (all modules except firewall), and even "silent mode" is enabled.

Is there any way to disable these unwanted tasks, and quiet Comodo down so that it does it's job as a firewall and nothing more (no random scanning), or do I just need to give up on it? Because I'm ready to remove it from my PC for good. And I hate to because I have lots of custom firewall rules I hate to have to enter into a new firewall program.

:)

rivre, May 31, 2018
Thema:

Comodo firewall - telemetry, tasks reappearing in task scheduler

1. Comodo firewall - telemetry, tasks reappearing in task scheduler - Similar Threads - Comodo firewall telemetry

2. Terminating Task Scheduler Task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terminating Task Scheduler Task: I have set up at Task Scheduler Job with the following specifications --Repeat task every 5 minutes for a duration of 15 minutesStop all running tasks at end of repetition durationStop task if it runs longer than 30 minutes My intention was to have the task start, run for 5...
  3. scheduled task and task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    scheduled task and task manager: I created a task scheduler start a programc;\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start "" "c:\restart.bat" ' THIS RESTARTS A SERVICES FOR AN APPLICATION THAT GETS STUCK."it repeats every 1 hoursstop task if it runs longer than 2 hoursI noticed like 50 cmd.exe entries under task...
  4. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  5. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  6. Suspicious task in task scheduler

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious task in task scheduler: Recently I found a task in task scheduler that I didn't saw earlier, it named PostponeDeviceSetupToast_S-1-5-21-571410128-3262932422-3363705117-1000_0 and author is Microsoft Corporation, actions is Custom Handler. I don't know what it is and what it do and didn't found...
  7. Debugging task scheduler task.

in Windows 10 Support
    Debugging task scheduler task.: Windows 10 Pro 64, current as of this post. I have been using Mailstore Home portable for many years. I have a shortcut that runs an archive. I recently discovered my 91 year old father had accidentally deleted important business emails on several occasions and I want to...
  8. windows 10 1903 - telemetry 2.0 Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 1903 - telemetry 2.0 Task Scheduler: hi after an inplace upgrade from windows 10 1809 to 1903 on the shedular task i find "Intel Telemetry 2 (x86)". I cant find the related program installer to uninstall *Sad What the hell is this and i can remove the task? thanks [ATTACH] 143293
  9. Create task in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...
  10. Comodo Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Comodo Firewall: I am using Windows 7.I have Comodo firewall which is up to date.Recently the Action centre is asking me to choose a firewall.I click on the 'turn on Comodo' option but nothing changes. Thanks Paul...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. comodo telemetry

2. use comodo to block windows telemetry

3. windows 10 comodo telemetry

4. comodo telemetry task scheduler,
  5. comodo disable telemetry,
  6. comodo windows 10 telemetry