Windows 10: CompactGUI only compresses Dishonored 2 down to 40gb, not 20gb?

Discus and support CompactGUI only compresses Dishonored 2 down to 40gb, not 20gb? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When looking at the results of compressing games online with CompactGUI, I saw that Dishonored 2 can apparently be compressed down to 20gb from 42gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sodainaplasticbottle, Nov 9, 2019.

1. CompactGUI only compresses Dishonored 2 down to 40gb, not 20gb?

When looking at the results of compressing games online with CompactGUI, I saw that Dishonored 2 can apparently be compressed down to 20gb from 42gb (about 50% compression). But when I try to compress it down, it only compresses down to 40 GB. Is there something I'm missing? I'm using the x16 algorithm so I don't see a reason as to why it isn't working properly.

submitted by /u/sodainaplasticbottle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sodainaplasticbottle, Nov 9, 2019

2. Dishonored 2 benchmarks

Source: Dishonored 2: PC graphics performance benchmark review - PC VGA Graphics card guide

Dishonored 2 has this pre-order thing that allows you to play a day early, and so guru3d (and maybe a few more outlets, we'll see) benched it.

Quality settings

CompactGUI only compresses Dishonored 2 down to 40gb, not 20gb? [​IMG]

The benchmark is done on

the eight-core Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme Edition with Haswell-E based setup on the X99 chipset platform. This setup is running tweaked at 4.30 GHz. Next to that we have energy saving functions disabled for this motherboard and processor (to ensure consistent benchmark results). We use Windows 10 all patched up. Each card runs on the same PC with the same operating system clone.The drivers are:
    • GeForce cards use the latest 375.76 driver (download drivers).
    • Radeon graphics cards we used the latest AMD Radeon Crimson 16.11.3 Driver (download drivers).

1080P

1440P

VRAM

RubberDucky, Nov 9, 2019
  3. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Any useful scenario for NTFS compression?

Thanks. So far, so good for me. Loading apps feel snappier when compressed and I have now 20GB free out of 40GB of partition size.

eLPuSHeR, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

CompactGUI only compresses Dishonored 2 down to 40gb, not 20gb?

Dishonored 2 Is Now Available For Xbox One

Source: Dishonored 2 Is Now Available For Xbox One |

Brink, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

CompactGUI only compresses Dishonored 2 down to 40gb, not 20gb?

1. CompactGUI only compresses Dishonored 2 down to 40gb, not 20gb? - Similar Threads - CompactGUI compresses Dishonored

2. My storage suddenly went down from 40gb to 30gb left to only 8gb.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My storage suddenly went down from 40gb to 30gb left to only 8gb.: My storage was originally 40gb left, I then installed something from a sketchy website and it didn't download so i uninstalled it and i was left with 30gb. I tried to download it again but this time ended up I with 8gb left. I used Windows to try solve the problem and it...
  3. My storage suddenly went down from 40gb to 30gb left to only 8gb.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My storage suddenly went down from 40gb to 30gb left to only 8gb.: My storage was originally 40gb left, I then installed something from a sketchy website and it didn't download so i uninstalled it and i was left with 30gb. I tried to download it again but this time ended up I with 8gb left. I used Windows to try solve the problem and it...
  4. only 20gb available on my 250Gb hard disk...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    only 20gb available on my 250Gb hard disk...: A 250Gb hard disk sure ain't much.However, when I deleted download files and always got back to having about 70 to 80Gb of free space. and now this doesn't exceed 30Gb...What's going on?Looking in to C:\ folder and right-clicking on the 'User' folder and clicking...
  5. I can't open games like Gta V,Dishonored 2.Check down bellow other informations.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open games like Gta V,Dishonored 2.Check down bellow other informations.: Hello guys,until one week ago these games worked perfectly but I tryied to play them now And they don't launch,they are going 25% cpu ussage and just freeze,please tell a solution Didn't found any solution on youtube,thanks....
  6. So there is an option in my clean up that is 40gb and says "Compress your OS drive"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    So there is an option in my clean up that is 40gb and says "Compress your OS drive": Does this option mean i delete it or do i compress my OS drive if i tap the box? 40GB is alot considering i only have a 256gb ssd on this [ATTACH]...
  7. BSOD When playing video games e.g. Overwatch, Dishonored 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When playing video games e.g. Overwatch, Dishonored 2: I recently bought a Powerspec G710. It was used and I performed a clean install. I've been getting several BSOD this week and they are usually different. I performed a second clean install but I keep getting BSOD. DESKTOP-O670QKJ-Wed_06_13_2018_202119_06.zip Some of the...
  8. RSOD playing Dishonored 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RSOD playing Dishonored 2: Bugcheck was memory_management, with fltmgr.sys as the cause according to Bluescreenview. 110611
  9. Is 40Gb normal for AeroGlass?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is 40Gb normal for AeroGlass?: Just a quick question about installing the Anniversary Update. My C drive is 120Gb in which 110Gb was used. The install prep said I need to have at least 20Gb free so I looked to move data temporarily to free up space. I noticed AeroGlass 10240 folder was nearly 40Gb...
  10. Dishonored 2 benchmarks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dishonored 2 benchmarks: Source: Dishonored 2: PC graphics performance benchmark review - PC VGA Graphics card guide Dishonored 2 has this pre-order thing that allows you to play a day early, and so guru3d (and maybe a few more outlets, we'll see) benched it. Quality settings [img]...