Windows 10: company claiming to be Windows/Microsoft

Discus and support company claiming to be Windows/Microsoft in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; a company called iTecGreek claims that my license has been compromised and that they are representing Windows. Is this correct?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dr GrantRichison, Jan 8, 2019.

1. company claiming to be Windows/Microsoft

a company called iTecGreek claims that my license has been compromised and that they are representing Windows. Is this correct?

:)

Dr GrantRichison, Jan 8, 2019
  2. AEGreene Win User

A company claims to be Microsoft certified

I tried to file a report with Microsoft as suggested. The first time I typed the Captcha as it looked to me. The response was that it was wrong. I tried again and the response was that the site was not working. I would really like to report this experience
    with WhiteSky to Microsoft. Most recently I found that links in my emails including the link for this site are not working. I did a copy/paste to get in.

WhiteSky tried to get me to sign a support contract. This contract was with a company called Solid Tech. It seems to be in Canada. I don't have a street address. The phone number is 1-866-682-0647.

I have one other question. If I go into Task Master I see that some listings are followed by "stopped." The Whitesky Tech told me all these listings should say "running." The Dell Tech said they will only say "running" if activated by something I am trying
    to do. If you have an opinion on this, please let me know.

Thank you.

AEGreene, Jan 8, 2019
  3. telephone calls from companies claiming to be from Microsoft

I received a phone call and an e-mail claiming that my computer was involved in illegal activity and that they wanted money to fix it. They claimed to be from a Microsoft support company and wanted 169.00 to fix the problem and told me to send money by
    Western Union to someone in the U.S to fix the problem. Is this a scam.

Richard Weinfeld, Jan 8, 2019
  4. company claiming to be Windows/Microsoft

Question regarding a company Claiming to help with virus

Hi Hana,

You can protect yourself from any suspicious emails or messages that may be a phishing scams by following the steps below:

• Never reply to an email that asks you to send personal or account information.
    • If you receive an email, don't click a link that supposedly take you to a company website.
    • Never open any file attached to a suspicious-looking email.
    • If the email appears to come from a company, contact the company's customer service via phone or web browser to see if the email is legitimate.
    • Search the web for the email subject line followed by the word hoax to see if anyone else has reported this scam.

We also suggest that you reached out our Answer Desk for more information about the message that you received at
    1-800-642-7676 or our Support through this
    link.

Fee free to post your other concerns to our Community.

Joseph Ban, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

company claiming to be Windows/Microsoft

1. company claiming to be Windows/Microsoft - Similar Threads - company claiming Microsoft

2. Why the **** is Microsoft such a **** company

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the **** is Microsoft such a **** company: Imagine getting a new computerInstalling windowsbut you cantbecause windows FORCES you to create an accountBUTthat is not even allYOUR ACCOUNT NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED CAUSE THERE MAY BE A SECURITY RISKIM **** BOOTING MY PC FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I NEED ACCESS TO A BROWSER TO DO...
  3. Why the **** is Microsoft such a **** company

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the **** is Microsoft such a **** company: Imagine getting a new computerInstalling windowsbut you cantbecause windows FORCES you to create an accountBUTthat is not even allYOUR ACCOUNT NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED CAUSE THERE MAY BE A SECURITY RISKIM **** BOOTING MY PC FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I NEED ACCESS TO A BROWSER TO DO...
  4. Restoro claiming Microsoft agent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoro claiming Microsoft agent: This agent has made my screen at starting then on going on website pink. is this a geniune Microsoft agent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoro-claiming-microsoft-agent/fc60d8ef-b733-4911-a79b-4b6d2d26b170
  5. Restoro claiming Microsoft agent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoro claiming Microsoft agent: This agent has made my screen at starting then on going on website pink. is this a geniune Microsoft agent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoro-claiming-microsoft-agent/fc60d8ef-b733-4911-a79b-4b6d2d26b170
  6. For Nvidia Graphic Cards, Which Company to File Warranty Claim?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    For Nvidia Graphic Cards, Which Company to File Warranty Claim?: Hey, I have an EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 but there is something wrong with it and I am still within the warranty period. Who do I file the warranty claim with? EVGA or Nvidia? Or, both? Thanks. 166945
  7. Abuse by company claiming to be Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Abuse by company claiming to be Microsoft: I have been getting phone messages stating that unless I call back within 48 hours, I will be charged $499 for services for Virus protection. The sending phone number was 209-308-7959, JCIP solutions, Steven Nelson, customer relationship manager? I called back and got to...
  8. Telephone Scammers Claiming To Be Microsoft

Telephone Scammers Claiming To Be Microsoft: I received a call today from telephone number 817-402-0091, Alvarado, TX. I didn't answer as I know it's a scam call. A message was left that my subscription was about to expire and I needed to call them or my credit card would be charged $299. I've reported these type of...
  9. phone call claiming to be Microsoft

phone call claiming to be Microsoft: At 2:12pm today, 10/23/2018, I received a phone call with message only on it stating they were Microsoft and that they want to refund our money as they are shutting down. The number calling was 866-978-7102 toll free and they asked that I call back using number 866-978-8970....
  10. Microsoft claim.

Microsoft claim.: I receive telephone messages every hour on the hour stating that the call is from Micro Soft claim dept. about money received and refund by pressing 1 now. I have not answered this call and it goes to voicemail. But enough is enough....