Windows 10: Company Share Drive folder: "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's...

Discus and support Company Share Drive folder: "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is a folder on my company's share drive that, even with administrator access (assistant IT Admin), I cannot view nor edit the permission settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thomas R. Stowe, May 28, 2019.

1. Company Share Drive folder: "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's...

There is a folder on my company's share drive that, even with administrator access (assistant IT Admin), I cannot view nor edit the permission settings of a specific folder.

I can see the settings and change permission with every folder in the main directory where this specific folder (we'll call it folder-X) is, but this specific one is off limits even to myself, and the lead IT administrator.

I've looked at similar questions posed by people that are having this problem, but I'd like to get a few answers from another angle as this situation is slightly different by proxy.

:)

Thomas R. Stowe, May 28, 2019

2. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, May 28, 2019
  3. Shared folders have can edit permission BUT the files inside all have view only permissions. Why?

I have shared to folders with my wife. When she looks at the folders they have can edit permission. But when you go into the folder and look at individual files they all say view only. Hence, the folder is really view only.

Yes, when I shared the folder I made sure i checked can edit for her permissions.

Why is this, how can I get the files where she can edit?

Thanks

Steve

SteveDyches, May 28, 2019
  4. nicksh1 Win User

Company Share Drive folder: "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's...

Cannot view company shared drive on my desktop

Hi there,

I have had trouble for some time with viewing a company shared drive for file uploading and editing. Our company uses OneDrive and I have complete access to other Microsoft apps and have a business email with Microsoft. I am able to access OneDrive through
    the browser but the problem arises when trying to view files within my computer's File Explorer. When viewing coworkers' computers, they are able to access this drive under "This PC" and then our company names OneDrive appears as a separate drive, just like
    a USB would appear. I am unable to view any other drive as well as not being able to view the many office computers on the network.

What I've tried:

- syncing OneDrive from the browser to PC

- change sharing options for different network profiles within the Network and Internet settings on control panel

nicksh1, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Company Share Drive folder: "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's...

1. Company Share Drive folder: "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's... - Similar Threads - Company Share Drive

2. Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...: HiI run Windows 11 on my personal computer, using my email to log in as the admin user. There are other standard user accounts for my family members. I attempted to revoke access to one of my hard drives for these users by denying all permissions for authenticated users. I...
  3. Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...: HiI run Windows 11 on my personal computer, using my email to log in as the admin user. There are other standard user accounts for my family members. I attempted to revoke access to one of my hard drives for these users by denying all permissions for authenticated users. I...
  4. You do not have Permission to View this Object’s Security Properties in Windows Server 2012...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You do not have Permission to View this Object’s Security Properties in Windows Server 2012...: HiI am the domain administrator.I have a folder and I cannot access this. When I try to access this it gives me the below error:"You do not currently have permission to access this folder"When I click the 'continue' button and go to 'security tab', I can see the below...
  5. You do not have Permission to View this Object’s Security Properties in Windows Server 2012...

You do not have Permission to View this Object’s Security Properties in Windows Server 2012...: HiI am the domain administrator.I have a folder and I cannot access this. When I try to access this it gives me the below error:"You do not currently have permission to access this folder"When I click the 'continue' button and go to 'security tab', I can see the below...
  6. You do not have permission to view this object's security properties.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You do not have permission to view this object's security properties.: Hi, so im trying to delete a folder on an ssd that does not have windows installed on it windows 10 is installed on another drive. the folder was created when i installed the Technic Launcher for Minecraft. the folder is oauth. im trying to reinstall the program but the...
  7. "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings."

"You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings.": I am trying to edit a .exe file, however, when I try to do so, a "You don't have permission to open this file." error appears. When I try to fix this by going into Properties>Security>Advanced and try to change settings, I receive a "You do not have permission to view or...
  8. You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings: I am trying to access a file in order to change its name. Unfortunately, I apparently "don't have permission" to. Here is what I have tried so far: Using CMD prompt and icacls, granting me full control and setting me as owner access denied. Using CMD prompt and icacls, do...
  9. You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as an...

in Windows 10 News
    You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as an...: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Ideally, an Administrator should have permission to access all files and folders on a system. However, at times, when accessing security settings or attempting to view the properties of a file, Windows administrator users have reported seeing the error –...
  10. You do not have permission to view this object's securuty properties, even as an...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You do not have permission to view this object's securuty properties, even as an...: A long time ago I encrypted my files on my External disc with BitLocker. After, I reinstall my Windows OS several times, probably from where this problem appears. Can you inform me how to take ownership of the object, permissions, and data from my External disc? Is there a...