Windows 10: Compare browser type systems with the new API Catalog tool

Discus and support Compare browser type systems with the new API Catalog tool in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Interoperability has long been a driving priority for the Microsoft Edge team. To make informed, data-driven decisions, we need the ability to find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Compare browser type systems with the new API Catalog tool

Source: Compare browser type systems with the new API Catalog tool | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Apr 27, 2016

2. Windows Index won't start

Hi Edward,

Corrupted search catalog files might be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with stating the Windows index. To address this concern, we suggest rebuilding your search catalog. Doing so can repair search results and indexing of your Microsoft
    Windows and Microsoft Office system data files.

Follow these steps to rebuild the search catalog:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the Search box, type Indexing, and then choose Indexing Options.
    • Click on Troubleshoot search and indexing.
    • Answer the prompts to successfully run the troubleshooter.

If the same issue persists, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

Run the System File Checker tool. It is a utility that allows users to
    scan for corruptions in Windows system and restore corrupted files. The link contains further information about how to run the System File Checker tool.

Method 2:

Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool. This tool will automatically repair the components of your Windows operating system and records the corruptions to the log file.

To run the DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Using Search, type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt on the search results and then select Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, and then hit Enter.
    • Once the scan is finished, restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Apr 27, 2016
  3. Microsoft Update Catalog Website

Not sure the Windows Update troubleshooter can fix the Microsoft Update Catalog Website not being coded particularly well.

3 months later the Microsoft Update Catalog Website still says use IE6 or higher.

I'm using Edge and IE 11. I can vaguely understand Edge being rejected (but really?) however 11 is normally higher than 6. Unless you compare numbers as strings, then it isn't higher.

My question is "Where would be the best place to report the issue so someone might actually fix it?" (For clarification, the issue is that the Microsoft Update Catalog Website is incorrectly rejecting browsers which should pass the version check.)

AndySaysTryHarder, Apr 27, 2016
Thema:

Compare browser type systems with the new API Catalog tool

1. Compare browser type systems with the new API Catalog tool - Similar Threads - Compare browser type

2. APIs for windows update catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    APIs for windows update catalog: I am trying to get API for this websiteMicrosoft Update Catalogbecause I want to collect the list of all the KBIDs exist. or get information about a particular KBID.can anyone help?...
  3. APIs for windows update catalog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    APIs for windows update catalog: I am trying to get API for this websiteMicrosoft Update Catalogbecause I want to collect the list of all the KBIDs exist. or get information about a particular KBID.can anyone help?...
  4. Browser download speeds slow compared to other downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser download speeds slow compared to other downloads: Been trying to download a file, but only getting download speeds of around 50 KB/s. On the same network ive had downloads speeds of around 80 Mb/s. I've tried ethernet and wifi but the speed is the same, also tried downloading different things but they all still get a similar...
  5. System update Catalog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System update Catalog: I trying to update my Lenovo IdeaCentre System update which has not been updated since 2017. When I try to run the system update I'm getting this message: there are no applicable updates found for your system since the update catalog is not found. Last updated: 1/2/2017...
  6. Res API for Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Res API for Microsoft Update Catalog: Hello all, I am trying to find any way how to automatically download KBs from Microsoft update catalog. In our company we should deliver new patches for different versions of windows 1607, 1809, 1909,... I know what to download but do not know how. Is there any official way...
  7. Chrome, typing into browser......

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome, typing into browser......: This is complicated to explain. When I type a question into the middle search bar for Chrome, the letters instantly transfer to the top address bar. I don't want this. Can I make Chrome let me type into the middle bar? 87777
  8. API Catalog

in Windows 10 News
    API Catalog: The API Catalog is a tool to visualize and analyze the API overlap between standards specifications and support across browsers. [img] This data was gathered by extracting specification IDL definitions from notable web specifications. Browser information was...
  9. Microsoft now allows other browsers to access the Update Catalog

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft now allows other browsers to access the Update Catalog: Microsoft has finally rolled out a new version of the Update Catalog website that makes it possible for users to access it without Internet Explorer, the company’s old browser that was the only one supported on the page. From now on, pretty much every browser out there,...
  10. The new OneDrive API

in Windows 10 News
    The new OneDrive API: [img] I’m excited to announce the release of the new OneDrive API, which allows developers to integrate OneDrive into their apps to store and manage user data across all major platforms, including Windows, the web, iOS, and Android. With this new RESTful API, you can...