Windows 10: Compare Files Option Is Missing In My Win 10 for copying files w same name???

Discus and support Compare Files Option Is Missing In My Win 10 for copying files w same name??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to put pictures off 2 different phones onto my Win 10 laptop file folder but when the name is the same, there isn't any option to compare the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ColoradoRobert, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Compare Files Option Is Missing In My Win 10 for copying files w same name???

Trying to put pictures off 2 different phones onto my Win 10 laptop file folder but when the name is the same, there isn't any option to compare the two files (so you can keep both) and Win 10 generates a (0) as one of the copies name. What is going on? I thought I have seen this before when two files were the same but right now the option to compare is gone. How can I modify this so that it shows up? Is there a setting in group user controls? Compare Files Option Is Missing In My Win 10 for copying files w same name??? 05d674b5-87fe-46f5-a893-3f8639c1ff4e?upload=true.jpg

:)

ColoradoRobert, Oct 10, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Bowlsys Win User

Compare Files Option Is Missing In My Win 10 for copying files w same name???

Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder

Hi,
    I have a text files containing a list of file names and I wish to compare that to a folder with files in it.
    The folder contains a rather large number of files and I want to see if files in that folder exist in the file with the list of file names.

Hope I have explained my problem clearly.

Would appreciate any help
    Thanks

Bowlsys, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Compare Files Option Is Missing In My Win 10 for copying files w same name???

1. Compare Files Option Is Missing In My Win 10 for copying files w same name??? - Similar Threads - Compare Files Option

2. "compare info for both files" option is missing in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "compare info for both files" option is missing in windows: I checked the community and nobody seems to have an answer to this question - how do I get back the "compare info for both files" option? It is missing and should not be. I'm using Windows 11. Thanks....
  3. "compare info for both files" option is missing in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "compare info for both files" option is missing in windows: I checked the community and nobody seems to have an answer to this question - how do I get back the "compare info for both files" option? It is missing and should not be. I'm using Windows 11. Thanks....
  4. How to automatically rename files with same name when copying files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to automatically rename files with same name when copying files: Hi, I would like to know if there is some registry hack or something that automatically renames files with the same name when copying or moving. For example you have folder with a file called banana.txt and then you copy another file called banana.txt to that folder and...
  5. windows 10 file explorer file copy and paste same file name shows a prompt but no file details

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 file explorer file copy and paste same file name shows a prompt but no file details: using windows 10 file explorer, copy a file by right click, for example. paste to a different folder. if a file of the same name exists, it displays a message to replace etc. but it does not indicate the details of each file, like in windows xp....
  6. Skip or replace files dialog box missing while copying files with same names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Skip or replace files dialog box missing while copying files with same names: I have a very large volume of folders copied from my old XP laptop now on my Windows 10 laptop but i cant move them into the main file without them merging into the same folder because i have different files i want to keep seperate. For example if I have a folder on my...
  7. WIN 10 command to copy and keep all files copied (with the same name) without overwriting...

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN 10 command to copy and keep all files copied (with the same name) without overwriting...: Hi all I tried hard for 5 days to get cmd code to copy and paste a file from a specific location to another. I get a file which is being downloaded every 5 mins. So, the new file overwrites the older one. Now, I need to copy the updated file to another location such as the...
  8. Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder

Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder: Hi, I have a text files containing a list of file names and I wish to compare that to a folder with files in it. The folder contains a rather large number of files and I want to see if files in that folder exist in the file with the list of file names. Hope I have explained...
  9. Compare and Find Missing Files

Compare and Find Missing Files: Usually on upgrading my disks and cards for higher capacities 99% of the time I face an unrecoverable copy interruption the reasons may vary and 99% of the time its windows idiocy . The funny thing is the straight forward solution never works for me , I did test it over...
  10. File Explorer rename files with the same name when copying

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer rename files with the same name when copying: Quite frankly I'm surprised no one has brought this up (or I am using the wrong search terms). When copying files in explorer, Windows 7 (I can't remember anything older than that LOL) I am asked what I want to do with copying files that have the same name as existing files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. option to compare files with the same name is gone in windwos 10

2. windows 10 file compare missing