Windows 10: compare two folders

Discus and support compare two folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to compair two folders in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compare-two-folders/b7f107f0-6ffd-4251-8a8b-ff6544839c11 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vivsimm, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Vivsimm Win User

compare two folders

How to compair two folders in windows 10

:)

Vivsimm, Jul 19, 2020

2. How do I compare two folders?

I have two folders with the same name. How do I compare the file names in Folder A to the File names in Folder B?

TomSellgren, Jul 19, 2020
  3. mjbj403 Win User
    How to compare two folders please?

Is there a utility please (not command line) that would enable me to compare the contents of two folders, and report any differences please?

mjbj403, Jul 19, 2020
  4. compare two folders

How can I compare 2 file folders in Explorer to see if they are identical with information?

I am trying to compare 2 file folders on my laptop and USB drive. I want to open them at the same time and do some sort of file compare to make sure they are identical. Can anyone suggest the steps to do this? Thank you!

MaryDeMoss, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

compare two folders

1. compare two folders - Similar Threads - compare folders

2. How do I compare folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I compare folders: I'm backing up data from 1st External HDD to a 2nd External HDD. How do I compare folders to ensure the files inside this folders are the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-compare-folders/4d79df67-e8fc-461d-a031-ffedd4c3ac3b
  3. How do I compare folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I compare folders: I'm backing up data from 1st External HDD to a 2nd External HDD. How do I compare folders to ensure the files inside this folders are the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-compare-folders/4d79df67-e8fc-461d-a031-ffedd4c3ac3b
  4. Compare directories including files and sub-folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compare directories including files and sub-folders: Good morning,I wanted to ask how it was possible to check if a folder and its contents are entirely identical. I have this dilemma because I had to transfer an archive of 500 GB from one location to another.Is there already something native to the Windows OS or not?...
  5. Folder oversize compared to contents issues

Folder oversize compared to contents issues: Hi, so I have a problem where my folder size when inspected is much bigger than the contents contained within... Below, there are screenshots to illustrate the issueAs you can see, something is taking up over 27GB of space that I could be using.It may be a folder storage...
  6. Comparing File Content Of 2 Folders on Windows 10

Comparing File Content Of 2 Folders on Windows 10: Hi I've got 2 folders of family photos, 1 on my pc drive and the backup on an external drive. There's a difference of 11 between the 2 folders and I want to know which is correct, i.e. i don't want to assume the lower number is correct and lose 11 family pics! Trouble...
  7. Compare Folders

Compare Folders: In windows 10 … Is there a way to compare two folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compare-folders/fb1363e9-788f-442a-873f-3b073c054206
  8. Compare two folders and replace files in destination folder?

Compare two folders and replace files in destination folder?: Hello, I'm reaching out here because I am currently dealing with corrupted files in a video game. I have isolated the files into their own folder and I'm hoping that I will be able to send the folder to a friend that has the correct files and have them replace those with the...
  9. How to compare two folders please?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to compare two folders please?: Is there a utility please (not command line) that would enable me to compare the contents of two folders, and report any differences please? 143324
  10. How do I compare two folders and delete duplicate files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I compare two folders and delete duplicate files?: A Google search shows a few programs and none of them I'd trust on general principle, you know, the flashy type websites which you know the program is probably full of ad ware or something nasty? Any reliable program that can take two folders and display them side by side and...