Windows 10: CompareExchange128 error when Installing W10... Is there a way around it?

Discus and support CompareExchange128 error when Installing W10... Is there a way around it? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Okay so I'm trying to install W10 and I'm having this "CompareExchange128" error. I've read that it means that the processor is not compatible with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YanFagundes, Oct 26, 2020.

1. CompareExchange128 error when Installing W10... Is there a way around it?

Okay so I'm trying to install W10 and I'm having this "CompareExchange128" error.

I've read that it means that the processor is not compatible with W10.

My specs: motherboard is Intel DG33BU, and CPU is Q9550.

Before I upgraded to this Q9550 CPU, I was running a E6750 CPU, and it ran W10 just fine.

As soon as I upgraded to Q9550, the problem started, my computer kept resetting at Windows startup.

I solved this issue by installing W7. It runs W7 just fine, but I can't upgrade back to W10, because of this CompareExchange128 error.

The weird thing is that this Q9550 was running W10 just fine in another motherboard Asus P5Q-E. I had no problems installing W10 in that pc.

That tells me that this processor is compatible with W10, and that this error is some sort of shenanigans... maybe the combo DG33BU + Q9550 is the problem? If someone could tell me if there is some way around this problem, please help.

I was thinking, maybe this problem is related to some sort of W10 version? There are so many versions, like 2004, 1909 etc...

Many regards!

:)

YanFagundes, Oct 26, 2020

2. CompareExchange128" and failure to install Win10

CompareExchange128" and failure to install Win10

Im running an upgraded Dell 530, Win 7 64bit with Intel cpu 8500 3.16 Ghz, 4Gb ddr2 800 Mhz & 320GB HDD

Should be more than capable but I get the above error message. (appears common with some older PC)

Can anyone help with best way forward

patrickfarq, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Sparky567 Win User

CompareExchange128 error when Installing W10... Is there a way around it?

CompareExchange128

I have a custom desktop with an Intel DG31PR motherboard. I have previously upgraded two identical units to Windows 10 9103. The unit in question is running Windows 7 and "coreinfo" indicates it passes all required tests including CompareExchange128 or
    CMPXCHG16B. Still I get the message that the CPU lacks an important instruction called as CMPXCHG16B. The processor is an Intel Q9400. How can I get past this error by the installer?

Sparky567, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

CompareExchange128 error when Installing W10... Is there a way around it?

1. CompareExchange128 error when Installing W10... Is there a way around it? - Similar Threads - CompareExchange128 error Installing

2. Finding My Way Around OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding My Way Around OneDrive: I just started using OneDrive for the first time - for the first time intentionally, at least.I have two questions:1. Even though I have no memory of ever putting them there, the OneDrive folder shows loads of files stored there, going back over 10 years. How could they have...
  3. Finding My Way Around OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding My Way Around OneDrive: I just started using OneDrive for the first time - for the first time intentionally, at least.I have two questions:1. Even though I have no memory of ever putting them there, the OneDrive folder shows loads of files stored there, going back over 10 years. How could they have...
  4. Game acting as if it's in the background when tabbed in, and the other way around when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game acting as if it's in the background when tabbed in, and the other way around when...: Hi,Having a very strange issue with HITMAN 3. The game is acting like its in the background when tabbed in, and when tabbed out it returns to normal, and tabbing back in makes it worse again. I'm not quite sure how to even word it, but I think the foreground/background...
  5. Way around adverts in Solitaire

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Way around adverts in Solitaire: The stupid adverts in the solitaire games are perhaps not all bad - breaks up your games and makes you wander why you are wasting your time. I have found a way around it. Install as RaspberryPi on your local network and load Solitaire on it. Load the VNC client locally,...
  6. CompareExchange128

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CompareExchange128: I have a custom desktop with an Intel DG31PR motherboard. I have previously upgraded two identical units to Windows 10 9103. The unit in question is running Windows 7 and "coreinfo" indicates it passes all required tests including CompareExchange128 or CMPXCHG16B. Still I get...
  7. CompareExchange128 error during Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 News
    CompareExchange128 error during Windows 10 installation: [ATTACH] While we see all the beautiful UI during Windows 10 installation, know that drivers are important and need free storage disk to complete installation, your processor is equally important. If you are getting the CompareExchange128 error during Windows 10 installation,...
  8. Problem when installing W10 in SSD

Problem when installing W10 in SSD: Hi. I'm going to describe inch by inch every single detail of my problem. Thank you everyone for trying to help and please someone like me who is dying about this issue... 1) I have a 1TB HDD with Windows 10 and ALL my precious files. 2) I used to have Windows 7 in...
  9. Simplest way of installing W10 (Almost clean install) with activation

Simplest way of installing W10 (Almost clean install) with activation: Hi there This method will give IMO the best way of updating your system to W10 via an "Almost" clean install. 1) Re-install CLEAN your old legacy OS -- at boot delete all the Windows partitions so there's NOTHING on the HDD (or Windows "C" partition. 2) Ignore / skip...
  10. ERROR: CompareExchange128, with core 2 duo e8600

ERROR: CompareExchange128, with core 2 duo e8600: My pc meets all the requirements needed to install win10 but i still get the compareexchange128 error, it has sse1-4.1, NX and XD, but still gives me the error. I have NX enabled in bios. I have searched many forums trying to find help but still no luck. I have tried to...