Windows 10: COMPARISON WINDOWS 10 HOME VERSUS PRO VERSION

Discus and support COMPARISON WINDOWS 10 HOME VERSUS PRO VERSION in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I AM TRYING TO DECIDE IF I SHOULD UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 8 TO THE HOME OR PRO VERSION. IS IT WORTH THE ADDITIONAL $60 TO UPGRADE TO PRO? IS EVERYONE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimOBrien2, Mar 3, 2019.

1. COMPARISON WINDOWS 10 HOME VERSUS PRO VERSION

I AM TRYING TO DECIDE IF I SHOULD UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 8 TO THE HOME OR PRO VERSION.

IS IT WORTH THE ADDITIONAL $60 TO UPGRADE TO PRO?

IS EVERYONE HAPPY WITH WINDOWS 10? I HAVE A PROGRAM THAT IS NOT SUPPORTED BY WINDOWS 8.

THEREFORE I MUST UPGRADE.

:)

JimOBrien2, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2019
  3. comparison between Windows 7 Pro & Window 10 Pro.

Hi,

Could you share comparison between Windows 7 Pro & Windows 10 Pro. And please confirm that which OS is better for business desktop.

RAJAKUMARKONKATY, Mar 3, 2019
  4. COMPARISON WINDOWS 10 HOME VERSUS PRO VERSION

What is the best upgrade path for 8.1 to 10 pro

If you upgraded to 8.1 Pro and then did the free upgrade to 10, you would get 10 Pro. It might be cheaper to do it that way. Depends on what the 10 Pro upgrade costs? It all boils down to convenience versus cost. Buying an upgrade version could require more steps to do a clean install at a latter date, versus just buying a full retail version.

alphanumeric, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

COMPARISON WINDOWS 10 HOME VERSUS PRO VERSION

1. COMPARISON WINDOWS 10 HOME VERSUS PRO VERSION - Similar Threads - COMPARISON HOME VERSUS

2. Windows 10 home to pro version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home to pro version: I purchased the upgrade license in the appstore home to pro version however i am getting error 0xC00F4050 cannot activate windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-to-pro-version/1a7869fa-bd6c-467e-85e7-0b564bb9fad6
  3. Windows 10 home to pro version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home to pro version: I purchased the upgrade license in the appstore home to pro version however i am getting error 0xC00F4050 cannot activate windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-to-pro-version/1a7869fa-bd6c-467e-85e7-0b564bb9fad6
  4. Windows 10 home to pro version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows Update does not recognize 10 Pro versus 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update does not recognize 10 Pro versus 10 Home: I continued to get a warning that my version of Windows 10 Home that came installed on my Dell laptop was reaching the end of its support and that I needed to upgrade. I purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using Windows Update Assistant and which my system recognizes...
  6. Windows 10 S V Windows 10 Home - Size comparison

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 S V Windows 10 Home - Size comparison: Hi folks, I just bought a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 S preinstalled...boo.... Looking to upgrade to Home but would like to find out the difference in size first as I don't have a massive hard drive, Does anyone have a 10s vs 10 Home size comparison. If there is not much...
  7. Pro version to Home version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pro version to Home version: I purchased a Home version Product Key for a laptop preowned with Windows Pro. Because it wouldn't let me activate it after putting it in my name. So now what? Is there such a thing as a Downgrade in Versions? If so how do I go about this?...
  8. Windows 10 Home versus Professional

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home versus Professional: I am currently using a desktop with Windows 10 home installed I am about to move to a new computer with Windows 10 Professional installed, I know that the pro version provides additional features but should all my current apps run with not changes Thanks...
  9. Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison: Can anyone help in clarifying the main differences between Windows 10 Home SL and EM versions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-home-sl-and-em-comparison/38b6478c-485c-4472-9ad3-91a448463b27
  10. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro Version: Need some info, I had previously upgraded Window 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, via the Microsoft Store. I reinstalled Windows 10 from my USB Drive, which I created with the Media Creation Tool, While I had Home version. After reinstalling I realized that it installed Home...