Windows 10: Compatability Mode, why? it never every works.

Discus and support Compatability Mode, why? it never every works. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm assuming that this discussion has been had on many occasions. But I'm clearly too stupid to find the thread/discussion, maybe a link would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterBuckman, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Compatability Mode, why? it never every works.

Hi all,

I'm assuming that this discussion has been had on many occasions. But I'm clearly too stupid to find the thread/discussion, maybe a link would help.

Anyway, so here goes.

What is the point of compatibility mode?

Ever since I've used windows, I like everyone on the planet, that uses windows have lost software and devices, that Microsoft have deemed disposable. Now I know I'm just a nobody, so my voice will make no difference. But amongst all the other users are, law firms, hospitals, big and small companies and many, many more organisations that use windows. But for some unknown reason, with respect to all at Microsoft. Millions of people just except this disrespect by Microsoft to their users, forcing everyone to stop using their software and devices. I know as an individual, the inconvenience of loosing software, and devices, such as printers, scanners and other things, is not only very expensive. because on changing the Operating System, one has to buy new equipment. But it's also destroying the planet with so much stuff having the be sent to landfill. If it only about money, well okay the companies we have to buy from make a killing.

But some things can't be replaced, such as old software, which depending on what is purchased can cost £15000 or more and then lost. On the other side you have nothings like me, Who simply would like to use software that is no longer available and want to keep using their stuff.

One example of this is a game that I used to relax with (Ricochet Infinity) which I can no longer used, after being forced away from Windows 7. Due to the fact that My PC got corrupted and seven is barley supported now.

I'm sure someone have found something that compatibility mode has made work. Well you're the lucky one. In almost all cases, searches, problem solving and everything else, and installation in compatibility mode doesn't work.

So why can't Microsoft do away with compatibility mode and instead include all the drivers and whatever in their upgrades to keep our property working and it's not too late is it? You could make a patch which includes all the stuff the keep our stuff working, from all your previous incarnations. Alternately, allow the software and devices to go to the Microsoft site, to replace the missing files so they can work and not cost money to replace them at this time of austerity and help save the planet.

Microsoft, come on, play fare.

:)

PeterBuckman, Jun 7, 2019

2. windows 7 Compatability mode problems...

I'd suggest trying the "Compatibility Mode" as others have suggested. Additionally check the option to "Disable Desktop Composition". If it still does not work I'd recommend running XP in a Virtual Machine or using a DOS emulator (assuming your games are that old).

Please excuse me if I'm rude but your typing is so impressively awful that if I didn't check your posting history I would automatically assume you are a troll. I apologize if English is not your primary language.

streetfighter 2, Jun 7, 2019
  3. chirp Win User
    Is this compatible?

I think I have narrowed down my mobo selection to the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus but, the reviews suggest checking the Qualified Vendors List for memory on the ASUS site as this board can be particular. The information is not currently available. It was suggested in one review that the compatiblity of memory to this board on their list was not accurate. Many other reviews suggest no problems with memory compatibility.

Can anyone tell me if the Corsair XMS2 2gb (2x1gb)- DDR2/800 Twin2X2408-6400 would work troule free on this ASUS board?

Another question....I am planning to use an Intel Core 2DUO E6400 Conroe 2.13ghz on this board. What the heck do I use for a heatsink? There are so many to choose from and I know nothing about them....

Thanks, Chirp

chirp, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Compatability Mode, why? it never every works.

error messages "The program was started in compatibility mode. As this this can lead to undesirable effects, you should disable the compatibility settings"

Hi Harold,

I suggest you to manually change the Compatibility Mode Settings
    and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps below:

• Right click on the app/program.
    • select Properties.
    • Click the Compatibility tab.
    • Uncheck the box Run this program in compatibility mode for and also uncheck all the boxes below.
    • Click/tap on the Change settings for all users button.
    • Again, uncheck the box Run this program in compatibility mode for
      and also uncheck all the boxes below.
    • Click on ok, then Apply and then again ok.

Please keep us updated with the status of the pop ups to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Compatability Mode, why? it never every works.

1. Compatability Mode, why? it never every works. - Similar Threads - Compatability Mode why

2. why my optimization never works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my optimization never works: in the properties of my drives I have a drive that says it need optimizing yet when i click it runs thru and stays the same time and time again.. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-optimization-never-works/862ceb33-05ca-4aa4-bc0b-9dc76d7b407d
  3. why my optimization never works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my optimization never works: in the properties of my drives I have a drive that says it need optimizing yet when i click it runs thru and stays the same time and time again.. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-optimization-never-works/862ceb33-05ca-4aa4-bc0b-9dc76d7b407d
  4. why my optimization never works

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Reduced color compatibility mode not working

Reduced color compatibility mode not working: If I enable 'Reduced color compatibilty mode' for an application - Properties... Compatibility... Settings... Reduced color mode... 8-bit 256 color - it appears to have no effect at all. In previous versions of Windows this would emulate an 8-bit 'paletted' display, that is...
  6. compatability mode

compatability mode: I am trying to get Winamp to work but I keep getting a popup thaat says winamp is running in compatability mode. however, when I right click on the winamp icon, select properties, and select the compatability tab the "run in compatability box is not checked". I desperately...
  7. why does Cortana never work and stop working five minutes after fixing it every time?

in Cortana
    why does Cortana never work and stop working five minutes after fixing it every time?: For the last six months I have been fixing and re-fixing Cortana five times a day to no avail. The Cortana can't hear me process of reactivating the microphone doesn't help at all. If I say "hey Cortana", the search bar opens but nothing happens. Sometimes nothing happens at...
  8. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: I keep getting a window popup saying this program started in compatibility mode ...where is it and how do I turn it off? 14680
  9. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: I'm doing some research on an old application that I'm taking care of. As of Windows 8, it works if the Windows compatibility mode is se to "Windows 7" and I confirmed it also works if I set the compatibility mode on Windows 10. That problem I'm facing is that, I need to...
  10. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: Hi I have had programs in the past that I love to either use or games to play even some older MS games and they refuse to load on new operating systems. Why is it when I try and run the program in Compatibility mode for say XP it refuses to run the program. I don't...