Windows 10: Compatability with WordPerfect

Discus and support Compatability with WordPerfect in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't get my WordPerfect program to work properly with Windows 10. I don't know how to fix that. 37879 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David Radavich, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Compatability with WordPerfect

I can't get my WordPerfect program to work properly with Windows 10. I don't know how to fix that.

:)

David Radavich, Jan 17, 2016
  2. TSur2015 Win User

Windows 10/WordPerfect 11

Have WordPerfect 11. Previous computer had Windows Vista and WordPerfect worked fine. New computer with Windows 10. Am unable to save documents. How do I get the WordPerfect to be compatible with Windows 10?

TSur2015, Jan 17, 2016
  3. DBlaney Win User
    Need an 'office' software the same as 'Word'

I want to use my Wordperfect software however, it is not compatible with Windows 10...I spoke with the Wordperfect representative and was informed that they are aware of the compatibility issue and have no plans at present to correct/resolve the problem.
    What office software like Word is available and compatible with Windows 10 that I may purchase other than a Subscription software such as Office 365?

DBlaney, Jan 17, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Compatability with WordPerfect

I'm not having any problems with WordPerfect X6 on Win10 Pro and X7 on Win10 Home.

Berton, Jan 17, 2016
  5. I have WordPerfect X7, Home and Student Edition. I can't publish any document to PDF without shutting down the whole program abruptly. Thanks for any help you can provide.

David Radavich, Jan 17, 2016
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    That's weird. I am running an older version (X3 I think) without issues under w10 x64. But with Corel you can never be sure.

eLPuSHeR, Jan 17, 2016
  7. PJLLB Win User
    Instead of publishing using WorkPerfect, why don't you try printing to a PDF file? You might have to turn on the Microsoft Print to PDF Windows feature from Control Panel >> Turn Windows features on or off. This feature adds an option under the select printer list that when selecting a PDF file is created rather than actual printing to a printer.

PJLLB, Jan 18, 2016
  8. Compatability with WordPerfect

Thank you. That is helpful!

David Radavich, Jan 18, 2016
  9. PJLLB Win User
    You're welcome.

PJLLB, Jan 18, 2016
  10. I have WPX3 and have just been given a laptop with Windows 10 on it. I downloaded my WP, but it won't work right. I can pull up old files that I transferred over to this computer, but I can't save them. I had been using Windows XP (my internet died on my XP). Is there any hope of being able to use my old WP on Windows 10?

Pkkreations, Aug 21, 2016
  11. Wordperfect X3 was released in 2006, predating Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
    I seriously doubt it will run properly under Win10, even in Compatibility Mode.
    I suppose that it might run under an XP VM.

If you do not wish to upgrade to WordPerfect X8 (the current version) or to try a supported version of MS Office, perhaps you might consider one of several open-source alternatives, such as Libre Office?

MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 21, 2016
  12. Thanks. I was kind of figuring that it won't work, but I figured it was worth a try.

Pkkreations, Aug 21, 2016
  13. Compatability with WordPerfect

I used X7 Educational Edition to publish to .pdf with no problems, and now with X8 EduEd I get the same satisfactory result. There, now that you have been given that quite useless information, if you Google "Publish to PDF crashes WordPerfect", or similar wording, you will get some links to perhaps relevant information. I will leave it to you to decide if it would be worth your time to go through information found through those links.

Not Myself, Aug 22, 2016
  14. Berton Win User
    I had WP X3 on my main computer with Win10 and it worked fine. Only issue I had was it wouldn't update [probably a bit too old] but having the download of X7 I removed X3 and installed X7, works fine also. I did get some better/newer choices in the Format, Labels for current Avery-type labels which was a great plus for what I need. Since I can install X7 on 3 devices I've got a couple of Notebooks to do this week. My first computer back in '92 had WordPerfect for Windows 5.1 and I took the college class for WordPerfect 5 for DOS, learned a lot.

Oh, and I just did a Publish to PDF, no problem. It doesn't identify as to which edition it is, just version 17 but includes Presentations and QuattroPro.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Compatability with WordPerfect

1. Compatability with WordPerfect - Similar Threads - Compatability WordPerfect

2. we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows: we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-compatible-cameras-with-your/8172f01d-a428-4d6b-b100-1c21807d3f6a
  3. we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows: we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-compatible-cameras-with-your/8172f01d-a428-4d6b-b100-1c21807d3f6a
  4. we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...: I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.3447, also Edge Version 124.0.2478.51 Official build 64-bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-use-ie-compatibility-however-i-cannot/d20a5544-6bd2-40fa-b4ca-1e16d56f893e
  6. I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...

I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...: I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.3447, also Edge Version 124.0.2478.51 Official build 64-bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-use-ie-compatibility-however-i-cannot/d20a5544-6bd2-40fa-b4ca-1e16d56f893e
  7. Running Windows Programs Compatibility Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Windows Programs Compatibility Troubleshooting: My League of Legends gets stuck on the screen during the game loading screen, which can take up to 30 to 40 seconds or more. I've tried a lot of things to no avail....
  8. Running Windows Programs Compatibility Troubleshooting

Running Windows Programs Compatibility Troubleshooting: My League of Legends gets stuck on the screen during the game loading screen, which can take up to 30 to 40 seconds or more. I've tried a lot of things to no avail....
  9. Windows 10 Home and Pro compatibility with WordPerfect Office X4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home and Pro compatibility with WordPerfect Office X4: Is WordPerfect Office X4 compatible with Windows 10 Home and Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-and-pro-compatibility-with/88b0278e-11ca-44e3-ab43-1d1d861dc781
  10. Windows 10 compatibility with Corel Wordperfect Suite 8

Windows 10 compatibility with Corel Wordperfect Suite 8: I up graded to Windows 10 and now when I try to print from Wordperfect, Wordperfect shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-compatibility-with-corel-wordperfect/ef5073cf-a7dc-4155-949a-51e142a36718

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wordperfect x9 compatable with windows 10 pro bitlocker