Windows 10: Compatibility and PATH

Discus and support Compatibility and PATH in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am running win 10 pro x64, connected to a domain. I have an old app that has to run in windows xp sp2 (or sp3) compatibility mode. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alain Bourgeois, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Compatibility and PATH

Hi,

I am running win 10 pro x64, connected to a domain.

I have an old app that has to run in windows xp sp2 (or sp3) compatibility mode.

This applications uses dll's that are specified in the path, in subdir axis\lib.

The app is launched using this app:

c:

cd \zsc\zscpt

PATH=%CD%;%CD%\extra;%CD%\axis\lib;%PATH%
    ZSCPT.exe

Problem: I get messages telling that dll's in axis\lib subdir cannot be found. Any hint? Pathis correctly filled in but seems ignored.

:)

Alain Bourgeois, Jun 27, 2019

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Jun 27, 2019
  4. chirp Win User

Compatibility and PATH

Is this compatible?

I think I have narrowed down my mobo selection to the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus but, the reviews suggest checking the Qualified Vendors List for memory on the ASUS site as this board can be particular. The information is not currently available. It was suggested in one review that the compatiblity of memory to this board on their list was not accurate. Many other reviews suggest no problems with memory compatibility.

Can anyone tell me if the Corsair XMS2 2gb (2x1gb)- DDR2/800 Twin2X2408-6400 would work troule free on this ASUS board?

Another question....I am planning to use an Intel Core 2DUO E6400 Conroe 2.13ghz on this board. What the heck do I use for a heatsink? There are so many to choose from and I know nothing about them....

Thanks, Chirp

chirp, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Compatibility and PATH

1. Compatibility and PATH - Similar Threads - Compatibility PATH

2. I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...: Settings issues .not opening my tableau public on my windows 11.it downloaded and error saying change settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-installing-tableau-public-saying-windows/64277211-fc7a-498f-ba5b-2bdf5a0b0d8a
  3. I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...: Settings issues .not opening my tableau public on my windows 11.it downloaded and error saying change settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-installing-tableau-public-saying-windows/64277211-fc7a-498f-ba5b-2bdf5a0b0d8a
  4. Why is amd radeon a4-9125 r3 cpu not compatible for windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is amd radeon a4-9125 r3 cpu not compatible for windows 11: its come to my knowledge that windows 10 will no longer be supported october 2025 thats next year!meanwhile we have laptops out there that are still good by todays standards mine is a hp with 8gb ram but has the AMD RADEON A4-9125 CPU - this cpu can not be swapped as there...
  5. Why is amd radeon a4-9125 r3 cpu not compatible for windows 11

Why is amd radeon a4-9125 r3 cpu not compatible for windows 11: its come to my knowledge that windows 10 will no longer be supported october 2025 thats next year!meanwhile we have laptops out there that are still good by todays standards mine is a hp with 8gb ram but has the AMD RADEON A4-9125 CPU - this cpu can not be swapped as there...
  6. “D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed.”: im trying to play panicore on my winodws 10 but it keep saying “D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed.” i've downloaded it and restarted my computer please help...
  7. “D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed.”

“D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed.”: im trying to play panicore on my winodws 10 but it keep saying “D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed.” i've downloaded it and restarted my computer please help...
  8. “D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed.”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. DirectX12 Compatibility Issues Between Windows 10 Pro & Windows 11 Pro [CPU: i5 11th Gen...

DirectX12 Compatibility Issues Between Windows 10 Pro & Windows 11 Pro [CPU: i5 11th Gen...: Hi, I am very curious about the DirectX12 being disabled after upgrading from a Windows 10 Pro to a Windows 11 Pro operating system. How is it that I had no problems with DirectX12 on Windows 10 Pro, but is now having problems with DirectX12 on Windows 11 Pro?Additional...
  10. this version of The file path setup.exe is not compatible with the version of windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    this version of The file path setup.exe is not compatible with the version of windows...: so I was upgrading my windows 10 laptop from 32-bit to 64-bit using advanced start up and command prompt and then this message came out after I tried to run setup.exe : "This version of the file path setup.exe is not compatible with the version of windows you're running....