Windows 10: Compatibility Assistant on Surface Book 3

Discus and support Compatibility Assistant on Surface Book 3 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I just got a new Surface Book 3 to replace an older 1st generation Book. I'm having problems running Nox Player on the new Surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BriareosKerensky, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Compatibility Assistant on Surface Book 3

Hello everyone,

I just got a new Surface Book 3 to replace an older 1st generation Book.

I'm having problems running Nox Player on the new Surface Book 3, despite the program working perfectly on a desktop and the 1st generation Book.

Every time I try to launch Nox Player, I get a notification saying that "Nox.exe can't run on Windows" and I should check for a newer version of the program. So I did just that, but the problem is still there.

I tried to change security settings in Settings->Updates & Security->Windows Security->Device Security->Core isolation, but "this setting is managed by your administrator" and I can't change anything.

Now, I'm logged in with an online account, set to admin, and but the same happens with the local admin user: no settings under Device Security can be changed by any user on the computer.

I've searched around the net for some answers but everything I tried group policy editor, regedit, command prompt didn't solve the problem. I also tried to get into the BIOS to check if I can disable the TPM but couldn't find any option for it.

Can anyone help with this issue?

:)

BriareosKerensky, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3

Source: September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3 Surface

Brink, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Compatibility Assistant on Surface Book 3

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Compatibility Assistant on Surface Book 3

1. Compatibility Assistant on Surface Book 3 - Similar Threads - Compatibility Assistant Surface

2. 22H2 and Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 and Surface Book 3: I have a Surface Book 3 running Windows 11 Pro. I have not been able to get a major update since 21H2. Is there a way to force the 22H2 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-and-surface-book-3/02336010-c0e0-47b5-87d5-3f4c91afee53
  3. 22H2 and Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 and Surface Book 3: I have a Surface Book 3 running Windows 11 Pro. I have not been able to get a major update since 21H2. Is there a way to force the 22H2 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-and-surface-book-3/02336010-c0e0-47b5-87d5-3f4c91afee53
  4. Surface Book 3 ICC Profiles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book 3 ICC Profiles: Can someone tell me where I can get the ICC color profiles for Surface Book 3? I have both a 13.5" and a 15". The 15" has them, but the 13.5" does not. Here is what I see for the 15": [IMG] Those profiles are not available on the 13.5", not even listed under All...
  5. Surface Book 3 15" Availability

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 3 15" Availability: Noticed the Surface Book 3 went on sale about a week ago, but the 15" ones are out of stock. I further noticed they are listing the 32gb / 1tb as sold out, but not listing the 32gb/2tb one at all on either Microsoft store or Best Buy. B&H Photo seems both them in-stock. Is...
  6. Windows license not work on Surface book 3

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows license not work on Surface book 3: I currently purchased a Surface book 3 and it's already installed a Windows 10 home, and I want to upgrade it to pro version with my product key. But when I install with disc boot to USB device there is no product key input page, and I entered the key in Settings - Update...
  7. Detach error with Surface book 3

Detach error with Surface book 3: I just updated my Surface Book 3 with the May 2020 update 2004 and after that every time I click on the detach screen button I receive this error that I should close these apps before detaching. The problem is that the app it wants me to close areall Microsoft preinstalled...
  8. Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2

Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2: My NEW Surface Book 3, with the NEW Dock 2, routinely cannot find my external monitor even though it worked for multiple days in a row. It also refuses to use the Nvidia graphics to run the monitor which makes it poorer quality. It is also VERY "laggy" using the Microsoft...
  9. Surface book 3 Bluetooth

Surface book 3 Bluetooth: My sb3 is having issues with not being "connected" to several bluetooth devices inlcuding the surface pen. The top button will not work but bluetooth settings says "paired" not "connected". This is a common issue byt i have nit been able to find a solution. This issue plus my...
  10. September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3

in Windows 10 News
    September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3: We have new updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book and Surface 3 devices. Click the links below to go to the specific location for your device on the Download Center. At the Download Center, click Details then click + More to see all available downloads for the device. For...