Windows 10: Compatibility Complaints and Other Issues

Discus and support Compatibility Complaints and Other Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, I am a user of Microsoft products for many years now, and I admire the continuous innovation efforts of your company. Having said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThanosBatzakas, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Compatibility Complaints and Other Issues

Dear Microsoft,

I am a user of Microsoft products for many years now, and I admire the continuous innovation efforts of your company.

Having said that, there are quite some issues concerning the latest approach of your company towards its customers (especially after the launch of Windows 10) that really bother me (and not only me, judging from the forums I have been visiting and reviewing..)

Compatibility Issues:

Many of us have spent a fortune on buying games (and hours on learning how to play them) in the past that no longer work with Windows 10 (examples: Company of Heroes & Ancient Wars of Sparta). It is completely unfair to leave no choice to the consumer to choose which version of Windows thet should use (we all have to go to Win 10 when we buy a new PC/Laptop, whether we like it or not) but on the other hand, Microsoft doing less and less to find some "legacy" solutions in order not lose our favorite games and (ultimately) money / time spent in the past.. A company of this size and research approach, should make sure that these issues are resolved prior to any new launch takes place.. PLEASE REMEMBER, WE DID NOT ASK FOR THIS UPDATE. YOU OFFERED THIS TO US, OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE THIS PRIMARILY SUITES YOUR CORPORATE STRATEGIES. The least you could do is make sure that what we had and used under Win XP and Win 7, works here as well..

Updates:

You run updates on our PCs for Windows and Office, without even having the courtesy to ask us if we agree wiht these updates in the first place (or even simply informing us in advance about them). I recently turn on my PC and I noticed completely different toolbars for my MS Office 365 suite without any notice whatsoever!! In my work's PC however, I still see the previous version of said toolbars, whereas on my home PC, I see the new ones. This luck of communication is totaly unnacceptable in my opinion!

We have rights as consumers and these must be well taken into consideration I believe!

Based on the above, I would appreciate your feedback on the following issues:

1) Can Microsoft solve the aforementioned compatibility issues. Is it so hard (???) to find a technical solution for Company Of Heroes and Ancient Wars of Sparta (and other games) compatility?? Even if we wanted to buy again these games, we would still have the issues (no compatibility with Win 10). It is frustrating after 10 years with Win XP (in my opinion the most stable operating system ever) and Win 7 to lose valuable games that we played for so many years..

2) Why Windows updates have to be made without our concent (or even prior notification)? Don't you think that we should be asked about this?

I do hope that the above will be seriously considered by your Management, since (as said in the beginning) these are complaints raised by many users.

Thank you in advance for your reply and considerations.

Best regards,

Thanos

:)

ThanosBatzakas, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Windows 10 compatibility issue

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to install the drivers in compatible mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in
    compatibility mode:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.
    Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 31, 2018
  4. chirp Win User

Compatibility Complaints and Other Issues

Is this compatible?

I think I have narrowed down my mobo selection to the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus but, the reviews suggest checking the Qualified Vendors List for memory on the ASUS site as this board can be particular. The information is not currently available. It was suggested in one review that the compatiblity of memory to this board on their list was not accurate. Many other reviews suggest no problems with memory compatibility.

Can anyone tell me if the Corsair XMS2 2gb (2x1gb)- DDR2/800 Twin2X2408-6400 would work troule free on this ASUS board?

Another question....I am planning to use an Intel Core 2DUO E6400 Conroe 2.13ghz on this board. What the heck do I use for a heatsink? There are so many to choose from and I know nothing about them....

Thanks, Chirp

chirp, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Compatibility Complaints and Other Issues

1. Compatibility Complaints and Other Issues - Similar Threads - Compatibility Complaints Issues

2. Compatibility Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility Issues: Hello, I was using a game that was made for windows 95, and I had installed a 95 to XP patch on it, and was running it in 256 color mode like the game specified. I was playing the game and decided to update my computer. When I got back on after the update, the game no longer...
  3. Compatibility Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatibility Issues: Hello, I was using a game that was made for windows 95, and I had installed a 95 to XP patch on it, and was running it in 256 color mode like the game specified. I was playing the game and decided to update my computer. When I got back on after the update, the game no longer...
  4. Complaint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Complaint: Window update is very annoying. It makes my laptop run extremely slow, and i cannot do anything. I want Microsoft will let user to choose whether they want to update their window or not!...
  5. Complaint

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Complaint: Hello, Where can ik send an complaint to Microsoft and ho sure is it that they will answer? Regards, Leo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/complaint/b553f157-d4b9-4ce9-9401-41184af03c59"
  6. compatibility issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    compatibility issues: Hello, Microsoft. I bring you a question which is also a request. But I beg you beforehand that you don't take my words wrong, as a form of abuse from my part. I would like to ask you if there is any form of loss that you would suffer if the previous versions of Windows...
  7. Complaint

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Complaint: Hey Microsoft! I am very very angry on you . No one is getting my phone since 50days . I tried many times because i have an issue in my windows 10 . I need a technical supporter. But no one is ***ing getting my phone. Is there any problem in company or the employee has denied...
  8. Complaint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Complaint: Hi Where is your complaints team email? Was on hold waiting for a supervisor for over thirty minutes. Would like to log a complaint with someone asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/complaint/e25f8ab9-176e-4a90-824c-9f0178ed22ba
  9. Complaint

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Complaint: I contacted you yesterday after purchasing a TV programme through the windows store and being unable to download it. After speaking to your technical help advisor I was informed that the only solution was to install a windows 10 update. I expressed my concern due to already...
  10. Compatibility Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compatibility Issue: I am hoping someone can help me. I right click on my game icon on my desktop and properties then compatibility tab and it only goes up to windows 8 only. I have windows 10 home. I am trying to play a game that requires windows 10. I cannot change this. I cannot play. State...