Windows 10: Compatibility Issue

Discus and support Compatibility Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am hoping someone can help me. I right click on my game icon on my desktop and properties then compatibility tab and it only goes up to windows 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by doodlehead11, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Compatibility Issue

I am hoping someone can help me. I right click on my game icon on my desktop and properties then compatibility tab and it only goes up to windows 8 only. I have windows 10 home. I am trying to play a game that requires windows 10. I cannot change this. I cannot play. State of decay 2. I purchased this computer from a rent centre. I did not get a windows 10 disc with it or a product key. I was wondering if I can even buy an updated version of windows 10 as well. Do I have to do this? My computer is displaying in the build info that it is windows 10. So frustrated. Please help. Thank you in advanced.

:)

doodlehead11, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 14, 2018
  3. chirp Win User
    Is this compatible?

I think I have narrowed down my mobo selection to the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus but, the reviews suggest checking the Qualified Vendors List for memory on the ASUS site as this board can be particular. The information is not currently available. It was suggested in one review that the compatiblity of memory to this board on their list was not accurate. Many other reviews suggest no problems with memory compatibility.

Can anyone tell me if the Corsair XMS2 2gb (2x1gb)- DDR2/800 Twin2X2408-6400 would work troule free on this ASUS board?

Another question....I am planning to use an Intel Core 2DUO E6400 Conroe 2.13ghz on this board. What the heck do I use for a heatsink? There are so many to choose from and I know nothing about them....

Thanks, Chirp

chirp, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Compatibility Issue

Windows 10 compatibility issue

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to install the drivers in compatible mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in
    compatibility mode:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.
    Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Compatibility Issue

1. Compatibility Issue - Similar Threads - Compatibility Issue

2. Are there known compatibility issues with WS_EX_TOPMOST and Windows 11’s Start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there known compatibility issues with WS_EX_TOPMOST and Windows 11’s Start menu?: Title: Issue with WS_EX_TOPMOST in .NET App on Windows 11 not Overlapping Start Menu.Body: Hello, I’ve developed an application using the .NET Framework that applies the WS_EX_TOPMOST window style to create a watermark overlay. This overlay remains on top of all other windows...
  3. Are there known compatibility issues with WS_EX_TOPMOST and Windows 11’s Start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there known compatibility issues with WS_EX_TOPMOST and Windows 11’s Start menu?: Title: Issue with WS_EX_TOPMOST in .NET App on Windows 11 not Overlapping Start Menu.Body: Hello, I’ve developed an application using the .NET Framework that applies the WS_EX_TOPMOST window style to create a watermark overlay. This overlay remains on top of all other windows...
  4. VSCode Azure powershell modules compatibility issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VSCode Azure powershell modules compatibility issue: Hi All,I am running VSCode on Windows 10.I am getting the below error when running AZ Modules. These modules work fine in powershellISE.PS C:\Users\admin> connect-AzAccount WARNING: Unable to acquire token for tenant 'organizations' with error 'InteractiveBrowserCredential...
  5. VSCode Azure powershell modules compatibility issue

VSCode Azure powershell modules compatibility issue: Hi All,I am running VSCode on Windows 10.I am getting the below error when running AZ Modules. These modules work fine in powershellISE.PS C:\Users\admin> connect-AzAccount WARNING: Unable to acquire token for tenant 'organizations' with error 'InteractiveBrowserCredential...
  6. VSCode Azure powershell modules compatibility issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I am not able to solve the issue of WinVDEdrv6 compatibility and Memory Integrity isn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to solve the issue of WinVDEdrv6 compatibility and Memory Integrity isn't...: Memory integrity isn't turning on and how to solve the issue of incompatibility of WinVDEdrv6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-solve-the-issue-of-winvdedrv6/90f63f46-1edd-4ea6-a777-4926cb7ce8cb
  8. I am not able to solve the issue of WinVDEdrv6 compatibility and Memory Integrity isn't...

I am not able to solve the issue of WinVDEdrv6 compatibility and Memory Integrity isn't...: Memory integrity isn't turning on and how to solve the issue of incompatibility of WinVDEdrv6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-solve-the-issue-of-winvdedrv6/90f63f46-1edd-4ea6-a777-4926cb7ce8cb
  9. OneNote for Windows 10, compatibility issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote for Windows 10, compatibility issue: I'm running Windows 11. When OneNote for Windows 10 is pinned to the taskbar and I right click to open a second OneNote window, it opens in Normal view, not full screen. Never had this issue in Windows 10....
  10. OneNote for Windows 10, compatibility issue

OneNote for Windows 10, compatibility issue: I'm running Windows 11. When OneNote for Windows 10 is pinned to the taskbar and I right click to open a second OneNote window, it opens in Normal view, not full screen. Never had this issue in Windows 10....