Windows 10: Compatibility mode changes needs to be made every time before launching the game

Discus and support Compatibility mode changes needs to be made every time before launching the game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to get Don't Starve to work consistently without going through the whole shebang of going to steam, right click, properties, local files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kazoomie, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Kazoomie Win User

Compatibility mode changes needs to be made every time before launching the game

I'm trying to get Don't Starve to work consistently without going through the whole shebang of going to steam, right click, properties, local files, browse, bin, find the application, right click, properties, compatibility, troubleshooter then finally test application in order to play it instead of steam, scroll, left click. This needs to be redone every single time. The weird part is that the compatibility mode box is checked with Windows 8 but it has to be done with the troubleshooter only. I have no idea what's going on and I can't really find anything else about this problem.

***Original title: Windows 10 compatibility mode not working for a Steam program.***

:)

Kazoomie, Aug 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 Game Compatibility

Hello Debie,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

There are some programs that need new definitions compatible with Windows 10. Till the time they are unavailable you can install the programs compatible with previous versions of operating system in compatibility mode. If you can access the executable (.exe)
    file for the game, I would suggest you to follow the below provided steps:

Step 1: Download and save the game on the desktop.

Step 2: Install the game in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the .exe file, and click on Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    • Select Windows 8 (or any other compatible OS) in the list of Operating systems.
    • Click OK.
    • Double-click the executable file to install the game and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Reboot your computer.
    Additional information:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Trying to play a VERY old game in "Compatibility Mode": Wrath of the Gods

Hello Bowyer,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

Install app in Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check: Follow these steps:

• Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Rhen Pal Win User

Compatibility mode changes needs to be made every time before launching the game

launching the wild lands

Hi,

We suggest that you install the latest graphic driver in compatibility mode and see if it resolves the issue.

• Right click on the Setup file of the Driver
      and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Click OK and run the setup.
    Also, try launching the game in Compatibility Mode. Please follow the steps below for more information:

• Right click on the Setup file of the Driver
      and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode.

Let us know if you need more help.

Thank you.

Rhen Pal, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Compatibility mode changes needs to be made every time before launching the game - Similar Threads - Compatibility mode changes

2. WoW64/compatibility mode fails to launch a program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WoW64/compatibility mode fails to launch a program.: Hello.Recently, I have been experimenting with running older programs on Windows 11. However, one program has been causing me problems.For some background, this program, known by either "net" or "hignet" is an old game hub from 2004, intended to run doujin minigames based off...
  3. WoW64/compatibility mode fails to launch a program.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WoW64/compatibility mode fails to launch a program.: Hello.Recently, I have been experimenting with running older programs on Windows 11. However, one program has been causing me problems.For some background, this program, known by either "net" or "hignet" is an old game hub from 2004, intended to run doujin minigames based off...
  4. Xbox made games fail to launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox made games fail to launch: Hello, what can I do to fix this because this has always happened to me when I try to install any Xbox made game on the Xbox pc app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-made-games-fail-to-launch/31755beb-aa95-4927-b795-4063e3780b68
  5. Xbox made games fail to launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox made games fail to launch: Hello, what can I do to fix this because this has always happened to me when I try to install any Xbox made game on the Xbox pc app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-made-games-fail-to-launch/31755beb-aa95-4927-b795-4063e3780b68
  6. There is an application error every time I try to launch a game on the epic games app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is an application error every time I try to launch a game on the epic games app.: I cannot launch a game on the epic games app. Every time I try it says there has been an application error and in the text it reads numbers. The numbers are 0x0000005. Does someone know how to get rid of this. Please help me....
  7. Every time I launch Windows, I have to wait several minutes before launching an...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I launch Windows, I have to wait several minutes before launching an...: Basically what the title says. I turn my computer on and log into my Windows. If I don't wait for several minutes (5-6 minutes at least), any application I launch will cause a freeze and then a restart. I believe launching system apps such as settings interface won't cause an...
  8. Windows 10 disconnects internet every time I launch a game.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 disconnects internet every time I launch a game.: Hi all, So I upgraded to windows 10 about a month ago or so and I've been experiencing this problem on and off for the time being and it's very annoying. First time i experienced this problem was with Star Wars Battlefront 2 2017 version, after the installation I launched...
  9. Every time there is a time change

Every time there is a time change: So every time there is a time change I have To go to the settings and click on this sliding button on Date And Time settings. Can it be because I could have set time zone automatically off ? submitted by /u/cachooscar [link] [comments]...
  10. Every time there is a time change

Every time there is a time change: So every time there is a time change I have To go to the settings and click on this sliding button on Date And Time settings. Can it be because I could have set time zone automatically off ? submitted by /u/cachooscar [link] [comments]...