Windows 10: Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 in Pale Moon browser not turning off

Discus and support Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 in Pale Moon browser not turning off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can someone help me turn off Windows 8 compatibility mode for Pale Moon? I just want to go back to Windows 10, but even when I uncheck this box and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by XaitheDawnblood, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 in Pale Moon browser not turning off

Can someone help me turn off Windows 8 compatibility mode for Pale Moon? I just want to go back to Windows 10, but even when I uncheck this box and apply the settings Windows 8 compatibility mode is still active. Very frustrating, I've been working on this for literally hours trying EVERYTHING and I can't find a fix to it anywhere. Help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you for your time. Kind Regards, - Clifford

:)

XaitheDawnblood, Jun 1, 2021
  2. Tetramesh Win User

Pale Moon to Waterfox migration

Hello

I've been using Pale Moon for a few years since Firefox became a bit crap but now Pale Moon has recently made a significant change that has forced me to look for another browser. I have installed Waterox to give it a try and have searched online for ways to export all settings, bookmarks and passwords from Pale Moon to Waterfox but the results are never relevant. There is plenty of information about migrating from Firefox to Pale Moon or Firefox to Waterfox.
    Does anybody here have any ideas on the best (and hopefully easy) way to move everything over to Waterfox?
    Thanks

Tetramesh, Jun 1, 2021
  3. bruinator Win User
    Pale Moon

is there a way to replace opened tabs with new ones instead of adding to them? An extension use to be able to do it called openintabs-erase in FF. Does Pale moon have such an extension?

thx

bruinator, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 in Pale Moon browser not turning off

Pale Moon

Pale Moon has Tabs below the Address Bar (you don't need to install CTR).

Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 in Pale Moon browser not turning off [​IMG]

lehnerus2000, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 in Pale Moon browser not turning off

1. Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 in Pale Moon browser not turning off - Similar Threads - Compatibility Mode Pale

2. turn off efficiency mode on all browsers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off efficiency mode on all browsers.: Efficiency mode is making every browser run slow. I cant do multiple things while using any browser without it running slow. Cant turn it off with task manager or in any of the browser settings. Why can i not turn off efficiency mode on MY COMPUTER?...
  3. turn off efficiency mode on all browsers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off efficiency mode on all browsers.: Efficiency mode is making every browser run slow. I cant do multiple things while using any browser without it running slow. Cant turn it off with task manager or in any of the browser settings. Why can i not turn off efficiency mode on MY COMPUTER?...
  4. Turn on Program Compatibility Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on Program Compatibility Mode: How do I Turn on Program Compatibility Mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-program-compatibility-mode/fc6f12ad-5800-471b-805f-c1e574f01285
  5. Turning on the compatibility mode for Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning on the compatibility mode for Chrome: I have been trying to trying to turn on the compatibility mode on for my broswers, chrome specifically. They say that i need to right click on the icon, well, when i do it doesnt pop up with properties. It doesnt help that my start menu always comes up when i close anything...
  6. Compatibility mode - can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Compatibility mode - can't turn it off: Hi! I have a question about compatibility mode. Every single game client, or game show me after opening and running the program, that I'm on the compatibility mode. If I look closer to compatibility mode to those programs/games, i see every box unchecked (so no...
  7. Help : Compatibility mode won't turn off, instructions for turning it off don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help : Compatibility mode won't turn off, instructions for turning it off don't work: Hi, I would be so grateful to anyone who has any idea about why compatibility mode on my new laptop with newly purchased Microsoft 365 refuses to turn off. I don't recall ever turning it on, but leaving that aside, web instructions suggesting that once settings are open -...
  8. How to turn off compatibility mode - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off compatibility mode - Windows 10: Is there a way to turn off compatibility mode or at least prevent the pop-up that appears every time I open programs? The problem started when I was fixing scaling issues....
  9. Can't save web site preferences in Pale Moon & in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Can't save web site preferences in Pale Moon & in Firefox: Never have I had a problem with Windows 7 but now I've got a new computer and Windows 10. I'm using Firefox ESR 45.6.0 and Pale Moon Version: 27.0.3 (x64). I connect all the time to NZBIndex - We index, you search. The first connection to the site leaves many settings to be...
  10. Pale Moon to Waterfox migration

in Browsers and Email
    Pale Moon to Waterfox migration: Hello I've been using Pale Moon for a few years since Firefox became a bit crap but now Pale Moon has recently made a significant change that has forced me to look for another browser. I have installed Waterox to give it a try and have searched online for ways to export...