Windows 10: Compatibility mode issues on Windows 10

Discus and support Compatibility mode issues on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi- I am attempting to install Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 onto a desktop PC that is running Windows 10. The issue I am experiencing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jerry Adair (Jerry.Adair), Oct 17, 2018.

1. Compatibility mode issues on Windows 10

Hi-

I am attempting to install Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 onto a desktop PC that is running Windows 10. The issue I am experiencing is that ALL attempts to run the installer result in a popup window that states the following:

"Windows Program Compatibility mode is on. Turn it off and then try Setup again." See the following picture:

Compatibility mode issues on Windows 10 26e1e018-60cf-47cd-b5e9-eb4cfd028927?upload=true.jpg

However, when I right click on the installer executable and select Properties, then click on the Compatibility tab, I see that the box next to the text that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" is UNchecked. Ergo, compatibility mode for this particular executable SHOULD already be turned off. I did a Google search to determine how to turn compatibility mode off and sure enough, that search yielded webpages that all recommend this approach. However no matter what I attempt to do, I still see this popup and am unable to install VS 2013.

I need VS 2013 because I am building software that - for whatever reason - is only supported with this version of VS. Ergo, any attempt to build and use this software with a newer version, say VS 2017 for example (which I WAS able to install on my Windows 10 desktop without incident), is not supported. Therefore I must use VS 2013.

Anyone have any pointers regarding how I could successfully install VS 2013?

Thanks,

Jerry

:)

Jerry Adair (Jerry.Adair), Oct 17, 2018

2. Compatibility issues in Windows 10

Hi Vicki,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to download and install the software from the developer website and check if it resolve the issue.

You can also install the program in compatibility mode and check if it resolves the issue.

Follow the below procedure.

Run the program in the compatibility mode.

If a program or driver written for an earlier version of Windows doesn't run properly in current Windows, then you could try using
    compatibility mode on the program to hopefully allow it to run properly.

I suggest you to run the program/game in the compatibility mode and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the program icon, click on Properties.
    • Click the Compatibility tab.
    • Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box and select the Preferred
      Windows.
    • Click on Apply and click OK button.
    Check if it helps.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Recent upgrade to windows 10 on Toshiba Satelite E205 laptop. Are there known compatibility issues?

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

I suggest you to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer web site and install, if the issue persist install the drivers in compatibility mode.

Method 2: Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Compatibility mode issues on Windows 10

Windows 10 compatibility issue

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to install the drivers in compatible mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in
    compatibility mode:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.
    Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Compatibility mode issues on Windows 10

1. Compatibility mode issues on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Compatibility mode issues

2. windows compatibility mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows compatibility mode: Random steam games will crash at startup and are unable to be played. When I went to compatibility mode, it only gives the option to run it up to windows 8. I have tried running it with both compatibility mode on and off and nothing helps....
  3. windows compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows compatibility mode: Random steam games will crash at startup and are unable to be played. When I went to compatibility mode, it only gives the option to run it up to windows 8. I have tried running it with both compatibility mode on and off and nothing helps....
  4. windows compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Compatibility Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compatibility Mode in Windows 10: I have been running Windows Live Mail on a Sony Vaio for a good few years, originally on Windows 7 but on Windows 10 for the last 2-3 years. I have now upgraded to a Microsoft Surface Pro and have copied the Windows Live Mail directories but when I try to run it nothing...
  6. Windows Compatibility Mode Reverting to Windows 10 Mode

Windows Compatibility Mode Reverting to Windows 10 Mode: Recently A W32bit app that runs in W8compatibilty mode or other compatibility mode reverts to Windows 10 mode. This has been recurring several times in the last 2 month, assuming after a W10 update, but mot sure. I continually must reset the icon, only for it to revert back...
  7. windows 10 compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 compatibility mode: [ATTACH] when i go to the properties tab of grand theft auto 3 to try to run it in compatibility mode the option doesn't pop up no compatibility mode submitted by /u/Aidensully_04 [link] [comments]...
  8. compatability mode

compatability mode: I am trying to get Winamp to work but I keep getting a popup thaat says winamp is running in compatability mode. however, when I right click on the winamp icon, select properties, and select the compatability tab the "run in compatability box is not checked". I desperately...
  9. Windows 10 compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 compatibility mode: Does Windows 10 have a compatibility mode to allow older games to be installed and run on a Windows 10 machine? If so, how is it enabled? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-compatibility-mode/95d8ebd3-05e0-464d-b3bc-7a97e8503801
  10. Compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatibility mode: I keep getting a window popup saying this program started in compatibility mode ...where is it and how do I turn it off? 14680

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows program compatibility mode in on vs 2013 sp1