Windows 10: Compatibility Mode Question

Discus and support Compatibility Mode Question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This may be a dumb question, but, I'm good at it. Does it do anything if you change the Compatibility Mode setting on the EXE that launches a program?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TV2, Apr 23, 2020.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Compatibility Mode Question

This may be a dumb question, but, I'm good at it.

Does it do anything if you change the Compatibility Mode setting on the EXE that launches a program?
    Or is it necessary to reinstall that program in that Compatibility Mode?

I ask because I'm having a problem with an old version of AutoCAD LT that started after a Windows Update.
    This version of the program (2010) is not supported for Windows 10, but it was running fine until just recently.
    AutoDesk forums says a reset or reinstall is the solution.
    The kicker is that AutoDesk does not issue any activation codes anymore for any perpetual license product (since 9/1/19) , so re-installation is going to be an even bigger chore - on top of the 6 hours I need to configure it normally.

:)

2. chirp Win User

Is this compatible?

I think I have narrowed down my mobo selection to the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus but, the reviews suggest checking the Qualified Vendors List for memory on the ASUS site as this board can be particular. The information is not currently available. It was suggested in one review that the compatiblity of memory to this board on their list was not accurate. Many other reviews suggest no problems with memory compatibility.

Can anyone tell me if the Corsair XMS2 2gb (2x1gb)- DDR2/800 Twin2X2408-6400 would work troule free on this ASUS board?

Another question....I am planning to use an Intel Core 2DUO E6400 Conroe 2.13ghz on this board. What the heck do I use for a heatsink? There are so many to choose from and I know nothing about them....

Thanks, Chirp

chirp, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Installer UI Mode Error on windows 10

Hi Aly,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please reply to these questions, to understand the issue better:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you try installing the application
      in compatibility mode?

I suggest you to install NX10 in compatibility mode and check if it helps. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once
      this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Compatibility Mode Question

error messages "The program was started in compatibility mode. As this this can lead to undesirable effects, you should disable the compatibility settings"

Hi Harold,

I suggest you to manually change the Compatibility Mode Settings
    and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps below:

• Right click on the app/program.
    • select Properties.
    • Click the Compatibility tab.
    • Uncheck the box Run this program in compatibility mode for and also uncheck all the boxes below.
    • Click/tap on the Change settings for all users button.
    • Again, uncheck the box Run this program in compatibility mode for
      and also uncheck all the boxes below.
    • Click on ok, then Apply and then again ok.

Please keep us updated with the status of the pop ups to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Compatibility Mode Question

1. Compatibility Mode Question - Similar Threads - Compatibility Mode Question

2. Compatibility question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility question: I am coming here with a simple questionCan a Zotac nvidia gt 710fit into m5a78l-m LE Asus MotherboardSpecs od this gpu are:-PCI Express 2.0-DDR3-64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-question/605caf5c-a04d-42ea-b4ea-a9b44e27bc6c
  3. Compatibility question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatibility question: I am coming here with a simple questionCan a Zotac nvidia gt 710fit into m5a78l-m LE Asus MotherboardSpecs od this gpu are:-PCI Express 2.0-DDR3-64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-question/605caf5c-a04d-42ea-b4ea-a9b44e27bc6c
  4. Compatibility question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Compatibility Mode questions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Compatibility Mode questions: When I try to run a program in Compatibility Mode on my win10 desktop Compatibility Mode set for WinXP, I get a message to download DirectX 7 for the app in question. This I am fine with, but want to make sure that installing DirectX7 is not going to interfere with my Win10...
  6. compatability mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    compatability mode: I am trying to get Winamp to work but I keep getting a popup thaat says winamp is running in compatability mode. however, when I right click on the winamp icon, select properties, and select the compatability tab the "run in compatability box is not checked". I desperately...
  7. Compatibility Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Compatibility Question: Hi, I want to know if NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 would work on my PC using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 x64. The GPU was released a few days ago, but uses the 7 months old Turing arhitecture released in September 2018 (older than my Windows 10 edition which is based on 1809,...
  8. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: I keep getting a window popup saying this program started in compatibility mode ...where is it and how do I turn it off? 14680
  9. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: I'm doing some research on an old application that I'm taking care of. As of Windows 8, it works if the Windows compatibility mode is se to "Windows 7" and I confirmed it also works if I set the compatibility mode on Windows 10. That problem I'm facing is that, I need to...
  10. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: Hi I have had programs in the past that I love to either use or games to play even some older MS games and they refuse to load on new operating systems. Why is it when I try and run the program in Compatibility mode for say XP it refuses to run the program. I don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove windows compatibility mode