Windows 10: Compatibility Mode questions

Discus and support Compatibility Mode questions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to run a program in Compatibility Mode on my win10 desktop Compatibility Mode set for WinXP, I get a message to download DirectX 7 for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Trek--, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Trek-- Win User

Compatibility Mode questions

When I try to run a program in Compatibility Mode on my win10 desktop Compatibility Mode set for WinXP, I get a message to download DirectX 7 for the app in question. This I am fine with, but want to make sure that installing DirectX7 is not going to interfere with my Win10 apps when not in Compatibility Mode??

:)

Trek--, Feb 8, 2021

2. Compatibility Mode Question

Try using the Compatibility troubleshooter first to determine the best OS fix (strongly recommended), or in file properties of the exe, select Compatibility tab, then click run this program in Compatibility mode and select best OS. Then click apply and OK. The next time you launch the exe it will automatically launch using Compatibility mode.

Type Compatibility into the search bar and select open.

Compatibility Mode questions [​IMG]

Select Advanced, click apply repairs automatically, and next.

Select program and next.

Select troubleshoot program.

Select "The program worked in an earlier version of Windows..." and next.

Select OS to use with compatibility test and next.

And finally, "Test the program".

If you are successful in choosing a suitable compatibility mode for this program, click next and "Yes, save these settings..." or "No, try again..."

If you prefer to make changes without testing first (not recommended), then change the settings in the Properties for the exe using the compatibility tab. Click "Run this program in Compatibility mode for", select an OS and click apply and OK.

W10 Tweaker, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Compatibility Mode Question

If AutoDesk is suggesting a re-install, that might be best. You might try scanning the AutoCad forums to find a solution.
    I personally would choose to fix it first but if you have install media or a license, it boils down to your comfort level with the available options.

If your Compatibility troubleshooter simply doesn't work, you might want to solve that first.

From an Admin Command Prompt, type DISM /online /cleanup-image /restore health and post results.

W10 Tweaker, Feb 8, 2021
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Compatibility Mode Question

My first problem:
    Running Compatibility Troubleshooter:

Thema:

1. Compatibility Mode questions - Similar Threads - Compatibility Mode questions

2. Compatibility question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility question: I am coming here with a simple questionCan a Zotac nvidia gt 710fit into m5a78l-m LE Asus MotherboardSpecs od this gpu are:-PCI Express 2.0-DDR3-64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-question/605caf5c-a04d-42ea-b4ea-a9b44e27bc6c
  3. Compatibility question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatibility question: I am coming here with a simple questionCan a Zotac nvidia gt 710fit into m5a78l-m LE Asus MotherboardSpecs od this gpu are:-PCI Express 2.0-DDR3-64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-question/605caf5c-a04d-42ea-b4ea-a9b44e27bc6c
  4. Compatibility question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Compatibility Mode Question

Compatibility Mode Question: This may be a dumb question, but, I'm good at it. Does it do anything if you change the Compatibility Mode setting on the EXE that launches a program? Or is it necessary to reinstall that program in that Compatibility Mode? I ask because I'm having a problem with an old...
  6. compatability mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    compatability mode: I am trying to get Winamp to work but I keep getting a popup thaat says winamp is running in compatability mode. however, when I right click on the winamp icon, select properties, and select the compatability tab the "run in compatability box is not checked". I desperately...
  7. Compatibility Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Compatibility Question: Hi, I want to know if NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 would work on my PC using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 x64. The GPU was released a few days ago, but uses the 7 months old Turing arhitecture released in September 2018 (older than my Windows 10 edition which is based on 1809,...
  8. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: I keep getting a window popup saying this program started in compatibility mode ...where is it and how do I turn it off? 14680
  9. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: I'm doing some research on an old application that I'm taking care of. As of Windows 8, it works if the Windows compatibility mode is se to "Windows 7" and I confirmed it also works if I set the compatibility mode on Windows 10. That problem I'm facing is that, I need to...
  10. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: Hi I have had programs in the past that I love to either use or games to play even some older MS games and they refuse to load on new operating systems. Why is it when I try and run the program in Compatibility mode for say XP it refuses to run the program. I don't...