Windows 10: Compatibility mode test does nothing

Discus and support Compatibility mode test does nothing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a brand new laptop with Windows 10 as I cannot update mine from windows 7 and i am hating it already! The layout is for children, random apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterBartholomew, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Compatibility mode test does nothing

I have a brand new laptop with Windows 10 as I cannot update mine from windows 7 and i am hating it already! The layout is for children, random apps appear out of nowhere that are impossible to uninstall no option on right click, not showing in the list of apps or in add/remove programs etc, it is v e r y, v e r y slow and does not allow you to do anything such as disabling services that belong to apps that have supposedly been uninstalled but are still there and constantly running - and worst of all, it refuses to run my Windows 7 programs from my other laptop.

When I try to run programs that work perfectly in 7 it displays "this app is not compatible with this PC", running the compatibility mode tester finds the programs compatible with 7, 8 etc and asks you to click the "test" button to see if the program will work, when you click "test" absolutely nothing ever happens, when you then try to run it in compatibility mode i get "This app is not compatible..... " again, Grrr!

I have asked friends who have Windows 10 and they have all told me "No chance, Windows 10 won't run any old programs or anything that you have on a disc either and it won't burn CD's, it's ****"

Hoping that isn't all true but after just a week or two i'm wishing i hadn't bought it and isn't it strange that nowhere in the list of topic options is there one called "issues with running programs", isn't that what computers are actually for?.

:)

PeterBartholomew, Jan 9, 2020

2. Test mode Windows 10 Pro Build 10240

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have issues with applications after installing Windows 10. We will help you to resolve the issue.

Since you are in Build 10240, I suggest you to update Windows to the latest Build 10525 and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I also suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Please refer the response created by Andre Da Costa (MVP, Community Moderator & Wiki Author) given below.

Windows 10 Test Mode watermark

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Test Mode Watermark Windows 10

Hi Lee,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Which operating system are you using?
    • When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    The test mode message indicates that the test signing mode of the operating system is started on the computer. The test signing mode may start if an installed program is in a test phase because it uses drivers that are not digitally signed by Microsoft.
    Microsoft added test mode to Windows so that users can test programs without having to provide an authentication certificate.

Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy or type the command below and then hit Enter:

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Marie Ave Win User

Compatibility mode test does nothing

Test Sign mode

Hi Koutz,

The test mode message indicates that the test signing mode of the operating system is started on the computer. The test signing mode may start if an installed program is in a test phase because it uses drivers that are not digitally signed by Microsoft.

I'd like to know some details of the concern to help provide the appropriate resolution. Kindly answer the following question below:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you running?
    • Is BitLocker enabled on your computer?
    For you to disable the test mode, you will need to run it as an administrator. To do this:

• Search cmd on the taskbar then right-click on
      Command Prompt
      then select Run as administrator.
      If you are prompted by a User Account Control window, tap or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type the following command, and then press Enter:bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF
    • After you see the confirmation, close the Command Prompt window.
    • Save any unsaved work, and then restart the computer.

If it still wouldn't disable the test mode, I suggest that you enable the built-in administrator account so you can disable this feature. Please note that you will be using this solely for troubleshooting purposes only. I do recommend disabling this after
    the troubleshooting to avoid messing up your computer's functionality.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar, right-click Command Prompt, and then click
      Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes, and then press Enter.
    • Type net user administrator <Password>, and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter.
    • Log off the current user account.
    • Log back in with the admin account then disable the test mode by following the steps above or you can refer to this
      link.

To disable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar, right-click
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:no, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter.
    • Log off the current user account.
    Update us with the results.

Marie Ave, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Compatibility mode test does nothing

1. Compatibility mode test does nothing - Similar Threads - Compatibility mode test

2. What does testing mode help with or what does it change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does testing mode help with or what does it change?: I already know how to turn on and off testing mode, but my question is What does it help with or what does it change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-testing-mode-help-with-or-what-does-it/33e13d2a-0d9a-41df-99af-9b6d17fa078e
  3. What does testing mode help with or what does it change?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What does testing mode help with or what does it change?: I already know how to turn on and off testing mode, but my question is What does it help with or what does it change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-testing-mode-help-with-or-what-does-it/33e13d2a-0d9a-41df-99af-9b6d17fa078e
  4. test mode

test mode: i have installed win 10 pro.after some time on start screen have test option. how to resolve that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test-mode/090dfc02-f923-4b2f-97e1-e9947f55ede3
  5. Test mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Test mode: So I installed windows 10 on my cousin’s raspberry pi 4. It booted up on test mode. I disabled it but I couldn’t boot it up after and had to reinstall windows. What can I do? Is it ok to just let it run and use it on test mode? Also our wifi is not showing up on available...
  6. Test mode

Test mode: Hey I've been having this test mode issue for years and I've tried bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF and it did not work and I can't find a solution to my problem also it happens every 4hours when the pc is on. Windows 10 pro version 2004 Os build 19041.388 installed on...
  7. TEST MODE

TEST MODE: COMO FAÇO PRA REMOVER O MODO TESTE DO MEU NOTEBOOK, QUANDO COLOCO bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF, APARECE "Erro ao definir os dados do elemento. O valor está protegido pela política de Inicialização Segura e não pode ser modificado ou excluído." COMO RESOLVO?...
  8. when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing: when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-test-speakers-they-test-as-working-but-mic/cd14840c-fde7-434b-b6f5-13142b238e17
  9. S Mode switch does nothing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    S Mode switch does nothing...: Hello, I recently bought a new laptop. So I go to download something online, it says I can't because I'm not in S Mode, so I click learn more. It takes me to the Microsoft Store, I click get, but nothing happens. The get bar is grey for a little bit, then it turns blue again....
  10. Test mode

Test mode: Hi. My PC says my Windows 10 is in 'test mode' ?? help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/test-mode/263c0b98-195b-40a9-84dd-edce0e47bb61