Windows 10: Compatibility of Windows software drivers causing errors?

Discus and support Compatibility of Windows software drivers causing errors? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a computer that was purchased some years back and it had Windows 8.1. For some years now I have Windows 10 installed and this has crashed my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Krampus101, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Compatibility of Windows software drivers causing errors?

I have a computer that was purchased some years back and it had Windows 8.1. For some years now I have Windows 10 installed and this has crashed my computer few times. Recently I had to do a restore from a last restore point.

Since than when using Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox few web pages do not open displaying a message: "A problem caused a program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if the solution is available."

Error code: STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR

Other things and webpages work fine. When tried on other devices and computers the page that is giving me an issue is working just fine.

When I have contacted the computer support line, I was told that since the computer was originally build and had Windows 8.1 it will newer properly work with Windows 10 as every time Windows have an upgrade the drivers are only to work properly on a device that originally had Windows 10. I was told that in time I will have more and more issues of similar kind. I was told that I need to buy a new computer.

I would like to know if what I was told by the computer support line is true?

Also does anyone knows how to fix this issue?

Many thanks,

:)

Krampus101, Jan 27, 2021

2. How to make a software kit compatible with Windows 7 work on Windows 10 OS?

Hello Mike,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

You can run the software installed on the previous version of the operating system on PC in
    compatibility mode. This option is available only if you have upgraded from the previous version of Windows to Windows 0 OS.

I suggest you to install the software in Compatibility mode by
    following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Download the latest driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website or locate the driver setup file of the previous operating system in your PC.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.
    • Once the driver is installed in compatibility mode,
      restart
      the PC for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 27, 2021
  3. unable to install bluetooth adapter driver software

Hi Neil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to install the software for the driver in normal mode, I suggest you to install the same in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Right click on the setup file of the software and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the software install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Compatibility of Windows software drivers causing errors?

Driver compatibility

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that as Windows 10 is latest Operating System and it would be needing latest device drivers to work correctly, as the Driver Updates are not available on the manufacturer website I suggest you to install
    drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Install the Driver in Compatibility mode:

Older drivers can be installed in compatibility mode in Windows 10. I suggest you to download the
    Latest Drivers from Manufacturer website and install the in compatibility mode

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in
      Compatibility Mode
      and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

Kindly refer to: Make older programs compatible with this version
    of Windows
    (information holds good for Windows 10 as well)

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Compatibility of Windows software drivers causing errors?

1. Compatibility of Windows software drivers causing errors? - Similar Threads - Compatibility software drivers

2. driver compatability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver compatability: driver compatibility https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-compatability/0b88feda-3459-4f57-9fec-69f653c78376
  3. driver compatability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    driver compatability: driver compatibility https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-compatability/0b88feda-3459-4f57-9fec-69f653c78376
  4. Software compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software compatibility: Is Adobe Creative Suites InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc. affected in any way with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-compatibility/497996fb-67e9-4c01-9aed-7ffa03a037fa
  5. Software compatibility

Software compatibility: Is Adobe Creative Suites InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc. affected in any way with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-compatibility/497996fb-67e9-4c01-9aed-7ffa03a037fa
  6. Software compatibility

Software compatibility: I have recently found my old 'The Home Depot: Home Improvement 1-2-3' Interactive CD (pictured below) & I was wondering if anyone knows how to install the program onto a Windows 10 computer. 182922
  7. Windows 10 Compatibility with Avast Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Compatibility with Avast Software: I read an article that Microsoft blocked Avast anti-virus software because it was allegedly selling user data in 2019. Is this still the case? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-compatibility-with-avast-software/3ccb9a13-8de9-40a1-ba6d-62379a7c535e
  8. Installing Windows, lack of compatible driver error.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows, lack of compatible driver error.: I made a bootable USB and I'm trying to install Windows. I replaced the original HDD with a NEW WD Blue SSD. The installation stalls with an error that it lacks necessary media (maybe it was display, I forget) drivers. How do I add that to my bootable USB so I'm able to...
  9. software compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software compatibility: how would I install internet explorer 4.01 sp2 on a win 10 os? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-compatibility/2d924788-1891-4a1d-912b-013bc0bb3b76
  10. finding compatible software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    finding compatible software: I cant get most of the applications that came with my sound blaster pci express sound card to work with this version of windows even in windows 7 or 8 compatibility mode. Does anyone know of a way to get these to work? Ive been getting messages such as the audio device...