Windows 10: Compatibility old games windows 10 64 bit

Discus and support Compatibility old games windows 10 64 bit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had to change my HD, now the old MS games that were able to run on Windows 10 do not work after reinstalling all the contents of damaged HD. Possibly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Johannes, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Johannes Win User

Compatibility old games windows 10 64 bit

I had to change my HD, now the old MS games that were able to run on Windows 10 do not work after reinstalling all the contents of damaged HD.
    Possibly due to latest windows update?
    I did run the compatibility test with the auto repair function to no avail.
    I just want to make sure there are no other options left.
    Thanks for any replies.

:)

Johannes, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Curious Win User

Old 32 bit software in Windows 10 64 bit

I have a new home pc with pre-installed Windows 10 64 bit. My 5 year old daughter has some old children games that she loves to play. But, many of them refuse to install in Windows 10 with an error message saying they are 32 bit apps which cannot run on this pc and I should contact the manufacturer for a 64 bit version. This happens no matter which compatibility setting I assign to the setup.exe file.

Is there any way to install and run such old 32 bit game programs in Windows 10 64 bit? They are very old games she loves and there is no 64 bit version available.

(I know I could install a virtual XP machine but that would be too complicated for her).

Appreciate any help.

Curious, Dec 5, 2020
  3. How can I run 32 bit games in windows 10 64 bit?

Hi FonzdeWolfe-

I'm Kevin B. Independent advisor and a Windows user like you. Thank you for bringing this up to us. Let me help you sort things out.

You just need to install it normally.

Actually 32 bit game architecture can run to a Windows 10 64 bit Operating system.

It suppose to be compatible however some old games that is running 32 bit might not run on your 64 bit Operating system due to compatibility issue.

32-bit applications have a 3 GB hard limit, but without being able to fully reprogram the game to run as a 64-bit application you'd see no actual benefits.

Sometimes running to compatibility mode may run your old 32 bit applications.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Kindly refer on that link on how to do compatibility mode.

Hope this will help and have a bless day!

Thanks.

Kevin B.

Independent advisor

Kevin Bartolo., Dec 5, 2020
  4. Compatibility old games windows 10 64 bit

running 32 bit games on 64 bit win 10

Hello Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I suggest you to try installing the games in compatibility mode.

Follow these steps to install the games in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the games from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope this information helps. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Compatibility old games windows 10 64 bit

1. Compatibility old games windows 10 64 bit - Similar Threads - Compatibility old games

2. 64 bit compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    64 bit compatibility: Currently I am using Windows 10 pro 32 bit but I want to know whether I can upgrade my pc to 64 bit or not?This is my Settings ScreenshotThis is my system information screenshotPlease Answer my question that whether i can upgrade my windows or not?...
  3. Compatibility old games windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility old games windows 10 64 bit: I had to change my HD, now the old MS games that were able to run on Windows 10 do not work after reinstalling all the contents of damaged HD. Possibly due to latest windows update? I did run the compatibility test with the auto repair function to no avail. I just want to...
  4. Old game compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game compatibility: My dad has a lot of old game from the early 2000s. Rome: Total war and its Barbarian Invasion and a couple of other games he loved to play don’t work on his computer any more. He’s running latest version of Windows 10 and is even part of the Beta testing group. He loved to...
  5. Old game compatibility with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game compatibility with windows 10: So I wanted to play an old game that I used to play on windows xp(the lord of the rings the battle for the middle-earth). I inserted the cd on an external dvd player or whatever it is. It reads the cd correctly and I installed the program. After installing it I tried running...
  6. Windows 10 is 64 bit and Quick Books 17 is 32 bit compatibility issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is 64 bit and Quick Books 17 is 32 bit compatibility issues.: New computer is 64 bit Windows 10. Quick Books 17 Desktop is 32 bit. I am getting Crashes, freeze of screens, failure to print from Quick Books to outlook. Outlook crashes and then Quick books unfreezes but i cant print. Must restart several times a day to continue...
  7. 64 bit compatibility

64 bit compatibility: I want to know whether my pc will support 64 bit windows 10 pro or not? Currently I'm using 32 bit widows 10 pro activated with digital license. This is the screenshot of my settings about page. [ATTACH] This is the screenshot of my "system information". [ATTACH] Here...
  8. 64 bit Windows 10 on old laptop

64 bit Windows 10 on old laptop: Hi there, My dad has 2 old Dell Latitude E5500 laptops sitting around. Hes been using one of them for years and the other one has barely been used and wants to switch over to that one because the other one is starting to fail. So I'm dialing in the barely used one but I'm...
  9. Windows 10 64 bit versions/NLE compatibility

Windows 10 64 bit versions/NLE compatibility: to be able to use Avid Media Composer/First,it says I have to have Enterprise or Pro.Any of these free upgrades? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-64-bit-versionsnle-compatibility/df98b08c-18bb-4515-a982-62064ee3fc6a
  10. Old 32 bit software in Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old 32 bit software in Windows 10 64 bit: I have a new home pc with pre-installed Windows 10 64 bit. My 5 year old daughter has some old children games that she loves to play. But, many of them refuse to install in Windows 10 with an error message saying they are 32 bit apps which cannot run on this pc and I should...