Windows 10: Compatibility - old operationg system

Discus and support Compatibility - old operationg system in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an old software program on cd. It required Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Me or Windows XP. My laptop has Windows 10 and I am looking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RH14REY, Feb 14, 2019.

1. RH14REY Win User

Compatibility - old operationg system

I have an old software program on cd. It required Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Me or Windows XP. My laptop has Windows 10 and I am looking for advice on how to get the program to work. I'm not sure of the steps to use the compatibility feature. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

RH14REY, Feb 14, 2019
  2. chirp Win User

Is this compatible?

I think I have narrowed down my mobo selection to the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus but, the reviews suggest checking the Qualified Vendors List for memory on the ASUS site as this board can be particular. The information is not currently available. It was suggested in one review that the compatiblity of memory to this board on their list was not accurate. Many other reviews suggest no problems with memory compatibility.

Can anyone tell me if the Corsair XMS2 2gb (2x1gb)- DDR2/800 Twin2X2408-6400 would work troule free on this ASUS board?

Another question....I am planning to use an Intel Core 2DUO E6400 Conroe 2.13ghz on this board. What the heck do I use for a heatsink? There are so many to choose from and I know nothing about them....

Thanks, Chirp

chirp, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Compatibility - old operationg system

Compatibility problems

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check with the compatibility of the program on Windows 10.

Windows Compatibility Center

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Compatibility - old operationg system

1. Compatibility - old operationg system - Similar Threads - Compatibility old operationg

2. I have an old drive and no compatible operating system to get data off of it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an old drive and no compatible operating system to get data off of it: I have an old HP simplesave drive that I need to get some data off of, it says it's only compatible with windows versions between XP and 7 and I don't have any computers that aren't updated to windows 10 and past their revert deadline, I'm just wondering short of lucking out...
  3. I have an old drive and no compatible operating system to get data off of it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an old drive and no compatible operating system to get data off of it: I have an old HP simplesave drive that I need to get some data off of, it says it's only compatible with windows versions between XP and 7 and I don't have any computers that aren't updated to windows 10 and past their revert deadline, I'm just wondering short of lucking out...
  4. windows 10 compatibility for a VERY OLD desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 compatibility for a VERY OLD desktop: I know nothing about computers, so I ask that you have patience and be kind please. My mother just passed away at age 96. She has an ancient HP Pavilion All-in-One, in brand new condition and I would love to keep it simply because it is hers.My question is: Is this desktop...
  5. Is old computer compatible with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is old computer compatible with Windows 10?: submitted by /u/jinx612 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqhhms/is_old_computer_compatible_with_windows_10/
  6. windows 10 operationg system.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 operationg system.: if i buy windows 10 pro with licensed. is it okay if i installed it to 10 computers in the office? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-operationg-system/456d0485-155f-4abd-8c07-57f729d5a33b
  7. Old game compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game compatibility: My dad has a lot of old game from the early 2000s. Rome: Total war and its Barbarian Invasion and a couple of other games he loved to play don’t work on his computer any more. He’s running latest version of Windows 10 and is even part of the Beta testing group. He loved to...
  8. Old game compatibility with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game compatibility with windows 10: So I wanted to play an old game that I used to play on windows xp(the lord of the rings the battle for the middle-earth). I inserted the cd on an external dvd player or whatever it is. It reads the cd correctly and I installed the program. After installing it I tried running...
  9. Operationg system Windos 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Operationg system Windos 10: Dear All, my operating system is very slow so what i can do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operationg-system-windos-10/60d59571-d8b3-4611-a562-34b51f5be3c8
  10. update the system that is not compatible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update the system that is not compatible: I’d like to update my system using the Windows 10 October 2018 Update. But I know that my system is not compatible. How can I do it in a way that it will work?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i make win 10 more compatable with chirp