Windows 10: Compatibility Programs and Changes Notifyer (Spring Update)

Discus and support Compatibility Programs and Changes Notifyer (Spring Update) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two programs in compatibilty mode, ClipX, and Jasc Paint Shop Pro, run as XP SP3 compatibility. Since the last big update (Spring update-last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Debra, May 15, 2018.

1. Debra Win User

Compatibility Programs and Changes Notifyer (Spring Update)

I have two programs in compatibilty mode, ClipX, and Jasc Paint Shop Pro, run as XP SP3 compatibility.

Since the last big update (Spring update-last week), everytime these programs load, I have a yes/no pop up to allow computer changes.

Cicking 'more details' takes me to:
    User Accounts > Change User Account Control settings > ...notify about changes to your computer

The only solution to avoid this pop up is to set the notifier to 'Never notify' but that is not recommended.

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling and resetting the compatibilty with the same effect.

I'm running as administrator.

Is there a better solution?

:)

Debra, May 15, 2018

2. Spring Update

Hello,

Since the spring update is anyone having lag issues, or freeze issues with their PC/Laptop or it feels slow !? Since I've updated to Spring 1803 vers. my laptop is freezing (it never did that), lags or it's slow when I close or open a new tab, etc. feels
    like an old system.

I have a Lenovo 520 series - i7 - 8550u, 8GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 SSD and MX150 4 GB, so I don't believe its because my system is slow, the previous version was faster ...

AlexAlexandru, May 15, 2018
  3. Turn off Program Compatibility Mode

Hi Harry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing with compatibility on Windows 10?

I suggest you to stop the Program Compatibility Assistant service
    and check if it helps.

This service provides support for program compatibility assistant. PCA monitors programs installed and run by the user and detects unknown compatibility problems. If this service is stopped PCA will not work properly.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc
      in the Start Search box.
    • Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Program Compatibility Assistant service and select
      Stop.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 15, 2018
Thema:

Compatibility Programs and Changes Notifyer (Spring Update)

1. Compatibility Programs and Changes Notifyer (Spring Update) - Similar Threads - Compatibility Programs Changes

2. spring 2021 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    spring 2021 update: creating a sytem image went from 2 minutes using a samsung t5 external drive.what iis the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spring-2021-update/aee51f0a-b3d8-4b46-8fc6-dca1a98951f7
  3. Spring 2021 Update

Spring 2021 Update: Taking a long time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spring-2021-update/7a2e095c-4e8e-4f4e-af64-ced37fe0f1e6
  4. Program not compatible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program not compatible.: I have windows 10 pro and have run this program Final Fantasy XI on it for years without any issues but all of a sudden the program is not compatible? which I know is not true as I run it on my lap top. Anyway I have tried reinstalling the program countless times, running it...
  5. Spring Update Is Coming...

Spring Update Is Coming...: The Win10 Spring 2020 Update is, really, close, now. That can be said not only because Spring is coming,but, because of the current Insider Build. Fast track Build 19577: This build is a post 20H1 build and is from the active development branch of Windows 10 at Microsoft....
  6. Spring Update on the Horizon

Spring Update on the Horizon: Can be sure the Win10 Spring Update Version 2004 is not far off, now... As of today Fast Track Insiders have moved on to 20H2 Builds. Obviously, meaning 20H1 is done & can be expected, soon. There's a good quantity of stuff <-- very techy term that most Folks will probably...
  7. not compatable program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not compatable program: I downloaded PLEX MEDIA SERVER + PLEX MEDIA PLAYER, but can't get them to open [error codes] it seems i have to have xp service pack 3, i'm on win 10 and the plex website clearly states win 10 download. it seems the 2 prog aren't compatible any help you can provide pleasep...
  8. Spring Creators Update 2018

Spring Creators Update 2018: Quick question [PANIC] is the HP 15-f010 wm compatible with the update because last time I tried I had to reinstall windows and I'm trying again (Note to self: GOD IM SO SMART BUT SO STUPID AT THE SAME TIME)...
  9. spring update

spring update: is it safe to remove the spring update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/spring-update/5daf5a74-9347-494c-9bf4-71a61004ba86
  10. Removing Windows.old in Spring Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing Windows.old in Spring Update: Is the same procedure still in place, you know, the one that really doesn't work by trying to remove the Windows.old in the latest Spring Update? I was hoping Microsoft had put a fix to this. I was surprised to see this Windows.old only has 5 gigs in it and what remains on...