Windows 10: Compatibility tab missing in windows 10 file properties dialog

Discus and support Compatibility tab missing in windows 10 file properties dialog in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I right click on a .exe file in windows 10 home edition file explorer and select properties, there is no Compatibility tab. I have tried setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tony Watson1, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Compatibility tab missing in windows 10 file properties dialog

When I right click on a .exe file in windows 10 home edition file explorer and select properties, there is no Compatibility tab. I have tried setting up the registry entry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat\DisablePropPageto the value REG_DWORD 0, but to no avail, despite restarting windows.My objective is to run an old program that worked under an old version of windows. Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Tony Watson1, Jul 13, 2022
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jul 13, 2022
  3. erpster4 Win User
    Sound Properties under Realtek Drivers Missing Enhancement Tab

in addition to my previous post, here's what the Enhancements tab looks like on the Speaker properties dialog box when using traditional/legacy Realtek HDA drivers and not Realtek UAD drivers:

Compatibility tab missing in windows 10 file properties dialog [​IMG]

(this is only an example as there's also an srs premium sound tab, which is an extra enhancement for certain computers with realtek audio + srs; as I said previously this dialog box may be going away in a future release of Win10 as MS wants to move everything onto the Windows Settings app)

note to leis - I have found a slightly newer Realtek UAD driver from Lenovo that you can try out; it's v6.0.8734.1 & even though it may not be listed for your ideacentre 510-15icb model (it was listed for ideacentre 510-15ick), the 8734 uad driver should work as it has the same INF files as the 8699.1 version.

erpster4, Jul 13, 2022
  4. thedoc735 Win User

Compatibility tab missing in windows 10 file properties dialog

thedoc735, Jul 13, 2022
Thema:

Compatibility tab missing in windows 10 file properties dialog

1. Compatibility tab missing in windows 10 file properties dialog - Similar Threads - Compatibility tab missing

2. Compatibility tab missing in windows 10 file properties dialog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility tab missing in windows 10 file properties dialog: When I right click on a .exe file in windows 10 home edition file explorer and select properties, there is no Compatibility tab. I have tried setting up the registry entry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat\DisablePropPageto the value REG_DWORD...
  3. Compatibility tab missing in windows 10 file properties dialog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatibility tab missing in windows 10 file properties dialog: When I right click on a .exe file in windows 10 home edition file explorer and select properties, there is no Compatibility tab. I have tried setting up the registry entry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat\DisablePropPageto the value REG_DWORD...
  4. Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing: Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1348:On one PC, when I display the properties sheet for a folder, only two tabs appear: "General" and "Previous Versions", instead of "General", "Sharing", "Security", "Previous Versions", and "Customize". I have attached screen shots to...
  5. Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing: Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1348: on one PC, when I display the properties sheet for a folder, only two tabs appear: "General" and "Previous Versions", instead of "General", "Sharing", "Security", "Previous Versions", and "Customize". I have attached screen shots...
  6. Enhancements tab missing in Speakers Properties on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enhancements tab missing in Speakers Properties on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If the Enhancements tab is missing in Sound settings or Speakers Properties for Realtek […] This article Enhancements tab missing in Speakers Properties on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  8. Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer: in this pc my driver haven't the capacity details and in peroperties aren't the former tabs.i attach the picture. please help me fix this [ATTACH] ***Original title: deappearing driver peroperties***...
  9. How to remove Compatibility Tab from File Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Compatibility Tab from File Properties in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Tthere are various releases of Windows like the latest release called as Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 and so on. With every release, they released a set of new feature sets for applications called APIs. These APIs [...] This post How to remove...
  10. Sharing tab missing in properties

Sharing tab missing in properties: I have Win 10 Home 64 bit. In my Win 7 there used to be a Share tab in file properties. In my Win 10 this tab is missing in properties. Any help in recovering it would be appreciated. As additional information, I am the sole user of the PC with only the one account that...