Windows 10: CompatTelRunner.exe, how do you disable?

Discus and support CompatTelRunner.exe, how do you disable? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is using a lot of cpu on startup. The worst time to be hogging cpu is on startup. Whichever coding team at Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CwTemp, Jun 2, 2021.

1. CwTemp Win User

CompatTelRunner.exe, how do you disable?

Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is using a lot of cpu on startup. The worst time to be hogging cpu is on startup. Whichever coding team at Microsoft decided to put this burden on users should get a sit down chat ;. The function of the program is for Microsoft to collect information on you. MS should pay you when they make money on you from a computer you paid for. You can disable CompatTelRunner.exe.Launch Run window by pressing down Windows key and R letter on your keyboard at the same time.Type taskschd.msc and press Enter or OK.Now, expand the folders in the given order – Task Sched

:)

CwTemp, Jun 2, 2021
  2. spunk Win User
    spunk, Jun 2, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Compattelrunner- make it stop!

Suggest that you use WUMT Wrapper Script (Portable) to control updates:

Download WUMT Wrapper Script 2.5.5

Since version v.2.4.5

You would need to run the script manually to check for updates then choose which updates to install.

CompatTelRunner.exe, how do you disable? [​IMG]

Any questions - ask the author of the script ​View Profile: pf100 - Windows 10 Help Forumsin this thread:

Stop Windows 10 Updates Properly and Completely - Windows 10 Help Forums

However be aware that that thread discusses a few different versions of the script along with another script by
    Matthew Wai which offers update notifications.

Callender, Jun 2, 2021
  4. ektorasdj Win User

Disable/remove Smartscreen

No, i just disabled the service. Thanks for the suggestion ,i will check if the compattelrunner runs again and inform you.

ektorasdj, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

1. CompatTelRunner.exe, how do you disable? - Similar Threads - CompatTelRunner exe disable

2. CompatTelRunner issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CompatTelRunner issues: I've recently read on this forum that to fix the "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run Windows 11" error even though PC Health Check says it supports it perfectly fine, CompatTelRunner.exe has to run. So I tried running it with a command, did...
  3. CompatTelRunner issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CompatTelRunner issues: I've recently read on this forum that to fix the "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run Windows 11" error even though PC Health Check says it supports it perfectly fine, CompatTelRunner.exe has to run. So I tried running it with a command, did...
  4. CompatTelRunner issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how do you change an icon of a .exe file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you change an icon of a .exe file?: yeah all i really need to figure out is how to change an icon of a .exe file. i tried going into properties but there seems to be no way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-an-icon-of-a-exe-file/42646a8b-53f8-48b5-ae6f-2131d568eb50
  6. How do you disable the touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you disable the touchpad: How do you disable the touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-disable-the-touchpad/182feab3-e924-40ab-be6c-660ec844ebea
  7. How do you disable caching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you disable caching?: Yes, I know I want it. My SSD is fast enough though and the extra heat this cache feature is creating is nuts. I found a way to shut it off before, but I did a fresh install. submitted by /u/STOP_POLLUTING [link] [comments]...
  8. How do you delete logtransport2.exe?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do you delete logtransport2.exe?: I continue to get the message that there is a logtransport2.exe error. I understand that it is Adobe related. I ran the troubleshooting compatibility and it noted that it was an incompatible file. I tried to delete them. Please advise. Thank you. Sheri...
  9. How do you disable palmcheck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you disable palmcheck: i've been trying forever and I cant find it what so ever I need help i've tried settings>devices>touchpad, and properties and settings >devices>mouse, and properties haven't found it...
  10. How do you set a protocol association with a standalone exe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you set a protocol association with a standalone exe?: Hello everyone! Since I'm not happy with how the Google Hangouts app has no way of integrating with the TEL url protocol, I've decided to create an application that will automatically copy, format and paste the phone link into Hangouts automatically. However, when I...