Windows 10: Compensation for ruined harddrive

Discus and support Compensation for ruined harddrive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I contacted Microsoft support about software error where my pc would not display my taskbar. After about 4 hrs of support i got the issue resolved but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Simon Simonsen1, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Compensation for ruined harddrive

I contacted Microsoft support about software error where my pc would not display my taskbar. After about 4 hrs of support i got the issue resolved but not before i by the agent was asked "do you have a USB drive with at least 8 gb of free space". I did. Then he asked me to download a backup program so i could restore my pc with a backup. He never once indicated that this would delete my entire storage of which i had about 400 gb that i just lost and cannot regain. But on top of that my 1tb ssd drive now holds 32 gb. Even when formatted AND updated by the software Samsung has provided for the d

:)

Simon Simonsen1, Aug 10, 2022
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Aug 10, 2022
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Compensation for ruined harddrive

Is my harddrive faulty?

Please pull your CMOS battery, wait 20 seconds, install. Enter BIOS, set date and time, make sure SATA is set to AHCI

Make sure your are booting UEFI

Boot from media and redo the shift + F10 instructions above. Then install windows using custom. (Step 10 of this Tutorial)

Clean Install Windows 10

Then skip to Step 13. How big of a drive shows in the Window for step 13. Notice the note within step 13

Compensation for ruined harddrive [​IMG]

Can you click Next?

Caledon Ken, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Compensation for ruined harddrive

1. Compensation for ruined harddrive - Similar Threads - Compensation ruined harddrive

2. Harddrive Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harddrive Disconnecting: Hello. Lately My internal SATA harddrive randomly disconnects about once a week now, when I go into BIOS it is not listed anymore. I fixed this by disconnecting the SATA and power cables and reconnecting it and it works again, however this keeps happening and I'm not sure if...
  3. Compensation for ruined harddrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compensation for ruined harddrive: I contacted Microsoft support about software error where my pc would not display my taskbar. After about 4 hrs of support i got the issue resolved but not before i by the agent was asked "do you have a USB drive with at least 8 gb of free space". I did. Then he asked me to...
  4. Notepad RUINED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad RUINED: Since Notepad got the Windows 11 treatment, it is almost unusable. It is so full of bugs! Is there any way to roll it back and use the old version again? I often paste things into Notepad and run a find/replace and it just doesn't work consistently anymore. Sometimes you have...
  5. Harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Harddrive: I recently got an an Lexar 256 ssd memory card. Now 3 mermory drives are in the computer and 1 disk drive. The problem is that my E drive where I had all my information doesnt allow to me transfer data. When I go to storage on setting it marks that the drives are full but...
  6. Ruined Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ruined Windows: I woke up and suddenly file explorer wouldnt open than task manager would open and today it started to give me error messages. It also restarts randomly. im clueless i dont know what to do...
  7. Problem with harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with harddrive: Hi I just bought a new external harddrive last week and i have moved my files to it. After a few days when i try opening the files; file explorer starts freezing and it say it is not responding. Can somebody please help me....
  8. Harddrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Harddrive: I want to add my hard drive from my old window 7 computer. Will I loose my files to make this work on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/harddrive/9a32850c-d5f6-43f8-9377-1bd50730f5ce
  9. Windows 10 compensation?

Windows 10 compensation?: Hello all, first time poster here. To cut a long story short, I have an Acer Aspire 5742 laptop that has served me well, right up until i updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Windows 10 worked for a short while, however back in February it won't boot into Windows, i just...
  10. switching harddrives

switching harddrives: is it possible to switch hard drives out of a laptop one in it is running windows 7 and the one i want to put in it is running windows 10pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/switching-harddrives/6e1eb1aa-4f9f-4d58-be07-15fff54ed522