Windows 10: compiled programs in Visual Studio 2015 Community are invisible

Discus and support compiled programs in Visual Studio 2015 Community are invisible in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; VS always freezes if I run application then I can see application run in task manager but I can't see window and I can't terminate this process.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by d7bh, Dec 2, 2015.

1. d7bh Win User

compiled programs in Visual Studio 2015 Community are invisible

VS always freezes if I run application then I can see application run in task manager but I can't see window and I can't terminate this process.
    Programs compiled in Visual Studio 2015 which worked a week ago now won't work too- same problem.
    Other 3rd party programs works without problem even newly installed.

I have tried:
    > reset VS
    > repair VS
    > reinstall vcredist2015
    > reinstall visual studio
    > sfc /scannow
    > check disk

any idea? (sry for english)

:)

d7bh, Dec 2, 2015
  2. ashaw2 Win User

Matlab and Visual Studio 2010

I have matlab 2011a and I need to compile some c++ files (libSVM package) using

mex -setup

I get the following msg:

Welcome to mex -setup. This utility will help you set up

a default compiler. For a list of supported compilers, see

Support - System Requirements and Supported Compilers Previous Releases

Please choose your compiler for building MEX-files:

Would you like mex to locate installed compilers [y]/n?

If I select 'y' matlab does not see a c compiler selecting 'n' produces,

Select a compiler:

[1] Intel C++ 11.1 (with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 linker)

[2] Intel Visual Fortran 11.1 (with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 linker)

[3] Intel Visual Fortran 11.1 (with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Shell linker)

[4] Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1

[5] Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1

[6] Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

[7] Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express

[0] None

Compiler: 6

I have tried one by one each of these, but in each case it tries to look for a Visual Studio version that my PC does not have.

For example, when I chose '6' I receive the following warning,

Warning: The default location for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 compiler is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0"

but either that directory does not exist or the configuration

is invalid.

Use C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0 anyway [y]/n? y

Please verify your choices:

Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0

Are these correct [y]/n?

*****************************************************************************

Error: Could not find the 64-bit compiler. This may indicate that the

"X64 Compilers and Tools" or the Microsoft Windows Software

Development Kit (SDK) is not installed. To build 64-bit MEX-files

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 requires that these two packages are

installed properly.

Error: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 requires the Microsoft Windows Software

Development Kit (SDK), but the SDK cannot be found. Examine your

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 installation.

??? Error using ==> mex at 208

Unable to complete successfully

----------------------------------------- ------------------------------------

I have installed the latest Visual Studio "Community" Version. My Program Files directory shows

Visual Studio 8, 11.0, 12.0 and 14.0.

I have also tried to install the SDK but it does not install (SDK installer also does not see the Visual C++ compiler).

Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks!

ashaw2, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Linney Win User
    visual studio

If you start uninstalling bits and pieces then some parts of the program, or older programs, may fail to work properly. Did you select all these so called extras or were they installed automatically. If the latter then you may need them?

Visual Studio 2015 System Requirements

Visual Studio 2013 System Requirements

"In Visual Studio 2015, Visual C++ is not installed by default. When installing, be sure to choose Custom installation and then choose the C++ components you require. Or, if Visual Studio is already installed, choose File | New | Project | C++ and you will
    be prompted to install the necessary components."

Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2015

Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2015

Make the Visual Studio installer more customizable

Make the Visual Studio installer more customizable

Linney, Dec 2, 2015
  4. Altheo Win User

I have the same problem.
    I work with Visual Studio 2015, Windows 10.
    When I compile a C++ program, with Visual Studio, it doesn't work anymore. The .exe file generated stays opened in "system", and blocks the execution.
    The .exe files that I compiled a week ago work fine. But when I recompile the same code and it frozes.

I'm not sure, but I suspect Windows 10 updates to be responsible...

Altheo, Dec 3, 2015
Thema:

1. compiled programs in Visual Studio 2015 Community are invisible - Similar Threads - compiled programs Visual

2. visual studio community

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    visual studio community: I would like to use the Visual Studio Community to automate the task.It will be installed in my computer provided by the company.I will only use it myself.Can I use legally Visual Studio Community?...
  3. Visual Studio Community and gcc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual Studio Community and gcc: I have installed both Visual Studio Community and MinGW for Windows 10. I am working on a C++ project, and whenever I click build it just says 0 built, 0 failed, 1 up-to-date. I then try and click start without debugging and get the error that the specified file cannot be...
  4. Visual Studio Community 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio Community 2019: Hello because i dont want to use visual studio Community 2019 anymore i uninstalled it but after it was uninstalled my games wasnt working anymore so i had to install it again any ideas how i can fix that? [moved from de-de]...
  5. Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition: Can we use Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition in Organisation for free or we need to purchase license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-2015-community-edition/239722d2-2fa9-4095-a750-a5a02998f95c
  6. Visual Studio 2019 Community - program crash

Visual Studio 2019 Community - program crash: I have a 3D graphics program written in VC++ MFC using OpenGL. I developed this some 20 years ago. Every time I moved to a new VS, I had some problem but I managed to fix the issues. Last time I ported to VS2015 a year ago and I fixed some x64 issue with OpenGL then. And it...
  7. Visual Studio Community

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual Studio Community: I picked up the book on Visual Studio 2010. Is there a 2020 version that I don't know about...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-community/faadcad3-7446-4b0d-9a53-cea1d763ad6c
  8. Visual Studio compile problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Studio compile problem: How do you fix a problem where the program cannot find the file for the project when compiling. The setup was default and should be found by Visual Studio, but I get an message box about this. There is no problem with the code, just can't seem to find the file. I can pull the...
  9. Free AVG blocking Updates and install of visual studio 2015 community?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Free AVG blocking Updates and install of visual studio 2015 community?: I did a clean install of Windows 10 for the 3rd time and somehow allways seem to lock either the windows update or the viual studio 2015 install.update.change program. I suspect it is Free AVG that is the couse bur I can't seem to find any confirmation of that. Can...
  10. Visual Studio 2015 Stuttering

Visual Studio 2015 Stuttering: Visual Studio 2015 stutters on my computer in the sense that everything freezes up for like 2-3 secs before returning to normal. (Even the blinking typing thing freezes in a solid line) The only other software which I encounter this is ezvid video editor. I'm guessing...