Windows 10: Complaint - Nowhere to go after recent failed update preventing PC use

Discus and support Complaint - Nowhere to go after recent failed update preventing PC use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It must be me... I waited 3 hours for level 2 scheduled appointment today they missed, and to add the level 2 hang up from yesterday (after only 24 min... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JANSTIKLICKAS, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Complaint - Nowhere to go after recent failed update preventing PC use

It must be me... I waited 3 hours for level 2 scheduled appointment today they missed, and to add the level 2 hang up from yesterday (after only 24 min mostly their research) without callback, plus the 5 minute initial & subsequent level 1 calls for help... Can Microsoft take ownership? I confirmed the appointment times...

The level of frustration is so much higher when you have been so patient. Its clearly an issue with a windows failed update, A courtesy email would have been nice.

Now, again without a computer, most faith lost in Microsoft leadership, I've been on hold with level 1 to setup a new appointment that I won't look forward to. Over 20 minutes on hold and counting with level 1, listening the Microsoft static recording.

I guess I'm too old for this stuff... first issue in years too.

I appreciate the communities help, no reflection of course on the assistance. Need to vent somehow...

:)

JANSTIKLICKAS, Apr 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Failed updates

Hi Lozo,

There are several possible reasons why Windows Updates are failing such as system file corruption or software conflict. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are there error messages associated with the failed updates?
    • What's the result of the Windows Update Troubleshooter? Did it detect any issues?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? This is to prevent us from providing the same steps.

In the meantime, we recommend that you check this
    page
    and follow the instructions on how to troubleshoot Windows Update issues. If you've already tried some of the suggested steps in the article, you can skip those and proceed to the next one.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Apr 12, 2019
  4. chideock Win User

Complaint - Nowhere to go after recent failed update preventing PC use

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Complaint - Nowhere to go after recent failed update preventing PC use

1. Complaint - Nowhere to go after recent failed update preventing PC use - Similar Threads - Complaint Nowhere recent

2. Pc won’t charge after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won’t charge after recent update: After I updated my computer to the most recent update, suddenly won’t charge. Battery is having no issues, and the charger works on other devices. We even tried plugging it in to different outlets. Help?...
  3. Recent update KB5017328 Fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update KB5017328 Fails: Hi, recent update of KB5017328 fails to update I tried the troubleshooter it says it fixed it and re run update but still same happens it goes through the download process to 100% and fails I also downloaded KB5017328 manually and still failsHope can get some help Thanks...
  4. Recent update KB5017328 Fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent update KB5017328 Fails: Hi, recent update of KB5017328 fails to update I tried the troubleshooter it says it fixed it and re run update but still same happens it goes through the download process to 100% and fails I also downloaded KB5017328 manually and still failsHope can get some help Thanks...
  5. Login to the Windows PC failed because of a recent update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login to the Windows PC failed because of a recent update: Hello community,I've recently updates my Windows 10 Home laptop yesterday night and this morning I tried to sign in my laptop using the fingerprint as usual. I have been doing sign in using fingerprint cause its easy and that long time made me forgot the PIN, but for the...
  6. Recent Windows Update prevents my pc from recognizing DVDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent Windows Update prevents my pc from recognizing DVDs: Since the newest Windows 10 Feature & quality updates installed on my pc, the optical drive won't recognize that a DVD has been placed in the drive. Whether it is Windows media player or Movies & TV app. I added the drive folder to M&T app and that did not fix problem....
  7. Pc freezing after recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc freezing after recent update: Hi guys, I recently updated to the most recent version of Windows 10 and it caused my pc to freeze every 1-2 seconds. Which also caused my mouse to freeze up as well. I tried updating my gpu driver to the latest version, and I also deleted my mouse driver and reinstalled...
  8. Cannot boot PC after recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot PC after recent update: Last week I downloaded the August update to my Lenovo 410 IdeaCentre PC. Two days later, I was unable to boot up the PC at all. The message 'Preparing automatic Repair' is displayed but nothing happens. I have tried all sorts of things to try to remedy the problem but...
  9. Recent Windows Update prevents Windows Hello from using Facial Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Recent Windows Update prevents Windows Hello from using Facial Recognition: Hi Everyone, A few days ago, Microsoft Windows 10 forced me to upgrade my HP Spectre 360x laptop to the newest version of Windows 10. Since then, the Windows Hello facial recognition feature is no longer working at all as a way to sign-in. Only PIN verification is now...
  10. Windows Update Complaint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Complaint: So far microsoft has released updates that break drivers, delete files and just cause unwanted chaos on our devices. I would really like the ability to disable windows 10 updates or take control of them on Windows 10 Home editions. Does microsoft ever actually look at...