Windows 10: Complaint on User Access control settings

Discus and support Complaint on User Access control settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't drag and drop with my touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Olabode Obisesan, May 9, 2020.

1. Complaint on User Access control settings

I can't drag and drop with my touchpad

:)

Olabode Obisesan, May 9, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 9, 2020
  3. User Access Control Issue

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Verify UAC settings.

1. Press Windows key and type "UAC". Under the search options, click on
    Change User Account Control Settings.

2. Make sure you didn't keep the slider towards Never Notify.

Method 2: Run a System file checker.

If the User Account Control settings are correct but the issue persists, then run a system file checker scan and see if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click onCommand Prompt (Admin).
      Kindly provide the administrative password, if prompt appears.
    • Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    • Exit Command Prompt.
    For more information about SFC Scan click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

(Steps for Windows 8.1 are also applicable in Windows 10)

Note: Run the System file checker thrice if systems errors were not corrected in first attempt for SFC.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 9, 2020
  4. Complaint on User Access control settings

No access to User Control Settings in Windows 10

Hi Mahbub,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Refer to the below link and check if that helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-are-user-account-control-settings#1TC=windows-8

If the issue persists, create a new User account and check.

Follow the steps below:

• In search type User Account.
    • Select manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in this PC account.
    • Click on Add someone else to this PC and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Complaint on User Access control settings

1. Complaint on User Access control settings - Similar Threads - Complaint User Access

2. Unable to access user account control settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access user account control settings: greetings, i am currently using windows 11, signed in with both my personal and school email on my own personal laptop and accidentally click let organisation manage my device i had admin power previously on this laptop, i dont know what else happened but i suddenly lost all...
  3. Unable to access user account control settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access user account control settings: greetings, i am currently using windows 11, signed in with both my personal and school email on my own personal laptop and accidentally click let organisation manage my device i had admin power previously on this laptop, i dont know what else happened but i suddenly lost all...
  4. User Access Control confusion

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Access Control confusion: I have the following strange issue: On my PC I have a Windows Administrator, a Local Administrator and a Standard User account. I use the Standard user account for day to day tasks. If I need to use an elevated Command prompt or install new software, then I'm asked to enter...
  5. user permission settings and access control setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user permission settings and access control setup: hi ! i am vamsi. my dad is setting up a small company and me and my dad had brought laptops, the issue is he wanted me to set up the laptop such that user cannot modify the OS and the system should ask the admin permission whenever they are trying to install software of any...
  6. user control access

user control access: i have a program that every time i go to open it i get a message if i am sure i want to open it. how do i correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-control-access/593b9e44-493f-42a4-8a51-939d77e0197e
  7. Administrator user access control

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator user access control: While trying to install a software I was blocked and told to communicate wioth the Administrator of the laptop, I am the administrator of this laptop yet I have no access. I also tried logging into my microsfot account via User Access Control and it says the account does not...
  8. Whitelist for User Access Control

Whitelist for User Access Control: I am the admin on my machine, Windows 10. I have a few apps, like a VPN, that invoke the UAC pop up every time they run. Can I white list certain apps as I have approved them and don't want the annoyance of UAC. I'm aware that I could turn it off but I don't want to open...
  9. User control the settings that

in Windows 10 Customization
    User control the settings that: When will the User control the settings that will make MY computer EASIER for ME to USE MY COMPUTER. This is really bad of windows 10 I DON"T like it and that's putting it mildly!!!! The scroll bar and other user options have been taken away it is hard to use!! BAD BAD...
  10. Access users ability to access Control panel and Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access users ability to access Control panel and Windows Settings: Hello All, Here is the issue I could really use some help with. I know you can use GPO setting to Show only specified Control Panel items, and you can Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC settings. But what I am trying to do is Block my end users from Accessing the...