Windows 10: complete and total reset.

Discus and support complete and total reset. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I started my ASUS laptop last night to research something and noticed my default browser had been changed. I started to look at different things and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tomstone7, Apr 14, 2021.

1. tomstone7 Win User

complete and total reset.

I started my ASUS laptop last night to research something and noticed my default browser had been changed. I started to look at different things and noticed all files, documents, pictures, videos etc were no longer on my computer that I could see. It looked like an unused computer straight from the store. Have there been other users with this experience? I have seen before where an upgrade can cause this, the information is not deleted, only held elsewhere. I did not accidentally put it back to factory reset.

:)

tomstone7, Apr 14, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond complete and total reset. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

4. complete and total reset.

Nextbook nxw10qc32g will not complete reset. Help!!!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website
      and create Windows 10 installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Keep my Files.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

complete and total reset.

1. complete and total reset. - Similar Threads - complete total reset

2. Reset failed to complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset failed to complete: I initiate reset in my PC using both settings and windows recovery however it will stuck at 99 percent then restart the computer. It will load and the restart will take some time to finish but after that the reset will not complete. It will straightly go to sign in page and...
  3. Reset failed to complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset failed to complete: I initiate reset in my PC using both settings and windows recovery however it will stuck at 99 percent then restart the computer. It will load and the restart will take some time to finish but after that the reset will not complete. It will straightly go to sign in page and...
  4. Reset failed to complete

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Reset couldnt be complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset couldnt be complete: My reset reach 99 percent but couldnt be complete. It will continue doing this for 3 times now. I want to give this PC so I want a complete reset using the recovery section of Windows but it is not finishing. I want steps on how to do it please....
  6. Won't reset completely

Won't reset completely: So, I have a Lenovo Ideapad 110 and I opened it one day it didn't turn on it was stuck diagnosing and after it fails that it says shut down or restart and it just has the same things on the windows reset page and I tried restarting did nothing reset files I tried the system...
  7. Won't reset completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't reset completely: So, I have a Lenovo Ideapad 110 and I opened it one day it didn't turn on it was stuck diagnosing and after it fails that it says shut down or restart and it just has the same things on the windows reset page and I tried restarting did nothing reset files I tried the system...
  8. Won't reset completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Reset Fails To Complete

Reset Fails To Complete: Split from this thread. I am a senior at home = no tech help here. What can I do? I tried to reset, etc. It never finishes, and my laptop has started cutting out. Might be a RAM problem since I have so little. Laptop is old. Anyone have an idea?...
  10. The aftermath of a complete reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The aftermath of a complete reset: Hey all, I have a 2.5 year old HP and it began doing crazy stuff shutting off multiple times and then the blue screen of death. I was able to get to the point where I did a full reset while saving all my pics, videos....etc. Afterwards the full reinstall went well and the...