Windows 10: Complete Failure of Windows 10 Apps

Discus and support Complete Failure of Windows 10 Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; None of my apps work. Most just fail without an error message. The only app that gives an error message is Solitaire. It gives an error of 101.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by blav64, Nov 17, 2019.

1. blav64 Win User

Complete Failure of Windows 10 Apps

None of my apps work. Most just fail without an error message. The only app that gives an error message is Solitaire. It gives an error of 101.

:)

blav64, Nov 17, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Complete Failure of Windows 10 Apps :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Complete Failure of Windows 10 Apps - Similar Threads - Complete Failure Apps

2. Complete Network Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complete Network Failure: I have an HP Omen 17-ck000. I've had for a few years without an issue. All the sudden networking stopped working. Wi-Fi dropped and when I tried to switch to another network it would just spin and eventually Wi-Fi would completely disappear from the Network & Internet section...
  3. Complete Network Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Complete Network Failure: I have an HP Omen 17-ck000. I've had for a few years without an issue. All the sudden networking stopped working. Wi-Fi dropped and when I tried to switch to another network it would just spin and eventually Wi-Fi would completely disappear from the Network & Internet section...
  4. WiFi failure, windows troubleshooting is completely powerless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi failure, windows troubleshooting is completely powerless: Hello,Since some days I encountered problems with WiFi connection: WiFi suddenly stops working and windows troubleshooting detects NOTHING.The only issue is to reboot PC.Does exsit more advanced tool that could tell me what is going on on my PC ?Thanks.P.S. Here is the result...
  5. Windows 11 update complete failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update complete failure: I'm extremely frustrated that last night, I finally capitulated and installed Windows 11. After the update downloaded, I chose Update and Shut down, as I was going to sleep. A few minutes later, I checked and it said "Your PC couldn't start properly... Error code: 0xc0000001"...
  6. Windows 11 update complete failure

Windows 11 update complete failure: I'm extremely frustrated that last night, I finally capitulated and installed Windows 11. After the update downloaded, I chose Update and Shut down, as I was going to sleep. A few minutes later, I checked and it said "Your PC couldn't start properly... Error code: 0xc0000001"...
  7. Apps on Windows 10 and the failure of Windows phones.

Apps on Windows 10 and the failure of Windows phones.: I've had a windows phone for years, and I'm now giving up on it. The failure of windows phones, if you ask me, is Microsoft's failure. They did not provide the proper incentive and support to get companies to provide apps on their OS. So it failed, and they gave up on...
  8. SFC failure to complete

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC failure to complete: As part of my effort to cure problems with booting I have been trying to run SFC/SCANNOW but it fails every time with a notice that 'Resource protection cannot carry out the command', usually about half way through but recently after it after the scan had reached 95%. How can...
  9. SFC failure to complete

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC failure to complete: As part of my effort to cure problems with booting I have been trying to run SFC/SCANNOW but it fails every time with a notice that 'Resource protection cannot carry out the command', usually about half way through but recently after it after the scan had reached 95%. How can...
  10. Windows 10 Apps Completely Removed

Windows 10 Apps Completely Removed: So I had a virus on my computer that I managed to get rid of. However, ever since the virus I have not been able to use any of the windows 10 preinstalled apps (such as photos, windows store, etc.) I am quite good and surfing the web, and I have looked everywhere, but nothing...