Windows 10: Complete format and fresh install

Discus and support Complete format and fresh install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone: I am in the process of organizing my digital files and backing them up before I do a fresh install of Windows 10. Quick question: Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kickeddog, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Complete format and fresh install

Hi everyone:

I am in the process of organizing my digital files and backing them up before I do a fresh install of Windows 10.

Quick question: Is this the best/only way to do a complete fresh install? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh

I love my new PC laptop but would like to do a completely "sterile" install void of any manufacture bloatware or malware. Other silly question: will doing the fresh install remove the Asus boot screen or is that a BIOS thing? I would like the standard Windows boot screen if possible.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/kickeddog
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kickeddog, Nov 2, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Complete format and fresh install :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Complete format and fresh install

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Complete format and fresh install

1. Complete format and fresh install - Similar Threads - Complete format fresh

2. Completely fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely fresh install of windows 10: Hello!I am preparing my PC for a major upgrade, a new upgraded CPU and a new upgraded memory.I would like to have a completely fresh installation on Win 10.I have downloaded the latest version from the media creation tool onto a USB stick.At present, the C drive is on a 430Gb...
  3. Completely fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Completely fresh install of windows 10: Hello!I am preparing my PC for a major upgrade, a new upgraded CPU and a new upgraded memory.I would like to have a completely fresh installation on Win 10.I have downloaded the latest version from the media creation tool onto a USB stick.At present, the C drive is on a 430Gb...
  4. Completely fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Very strange desktop on completely fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Very strange desktop on completely fresh install: Hi I just re-installed win10 pro on to my X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING-CF PC when it booted to desktop I had several files that I recognised from my old setup on the desktop. Then I noticed that they seemed to be updating from the cloud as they had the same symbols you get next...
  6. Very strange desktop on completely fresh install

Very strange desktop on completely fresh install: Hi I just re-installed win10 pro on to my X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING-CF PC when it booted to desktop I had several files that I recognised from my old setup on the desktop. Then I noticed that they seemed to be updating from the cloud as they had the same symbols you get next...
  7. format network HDD [NAS] to clear completely for reuse... write fresh

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    format network HDD [NAS] to clear completely for reuse... write fresh: I want to format network HDD [NAS] to clear completely for reuse... write other data on it fresh...what to do? is Network drive.... PC: windows 10 Pro properties ethernet drive - screenshot See below link posted and here >>> I want to format HDD to clear completely for...
  8. Fresh Windows Install on SSD, while formatting HDD

Fresh Windows Install on SSD, while formatting HDD: I am going to upgrade my laptop with an SSD, and I would like to make a new-fresh install of Windows in there, while deleting everything from my HDD, which I am going to use to store data. So, I've been reading on the internet, and what I want to do seems pretty dificult, as...
  9. If I format & install fresh and it does not work - what then?

If I format & install fresh and it does not work - what then?: Ok, I have an answer here in the forum that I can format and install brand new with 1803. My new question is, if I do that and it doesn't work then there is no way to go back to a former install. How can a person pull out of that? I could not get past 1703 for days on end,...
  10. Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD

Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD: Hi to all I have my Acer laptop around 2 months , and now i want to fresh install win 10 What I've done ,I created USB image via Rufus with Win10 home (which I had on my new laptop preinstalled) I writed down my licence key. Ive booted and cleaned SSD completely with new...