Windows 10: Complete freeze at random.

Discus and support Complete freeze at random. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; PC freezes up seemingly at random, can be playing a game, watching a movie or just sitting idle. If I leave it on and unattended I come back to find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hugh_89, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Hugh_89 Win User

Complete freeze at random.

PC freezes up seemingly at random, can be playing a game, watching a movie or just sitting idle. If I leave it on and unattended I come back to find it in bios and after a reboot it works fine. With current version of windows it happens occasionally once a week roughly when used daily and any time it's left on. When I have let it update windows it crashes 2 minutes from start up every single time.

Build

OS Windows 10 pro 64-bit, Version 1607

MB z390 aurus ultra

CPU i5- 9600k

RAM Corsair Vengeance pro 3200 16gb

GPU gigabyte 1070ti

PSU corsair rm850i

:)

Hugh_89, Jul 6, 2020
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

TIGR, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Complete freeze at random.

PC Keeps Freezing At Completely Random Times

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I suggest you to disable the third party security software (if any installed) temporarily and check if it is cause to issue.

Disable Antivirus:

Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you
    should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if you are able to fix the issue.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the System maintenance
    troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue:

Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all
      on the left navigation pane.

• Click on System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the
      System maintenance
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      System maintenance troubleshooter.

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Also, please refer to the link by Andre Da Costa on Windows 10 freeze which gives suggestions on how to troubleshoot on this scenario.

Windows 10 Installation Freeze

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Complete freeze at random.

1. Complete freeze at random. - Similar Threads - Complete freeze random

2. Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod: Hi, I have issues with my pc freezing, crashing and showing bsod. It doesnt matter what im doing playing video games, web browsing or doing something in adobe programs, etc.I tried reinstalling windows, deleting drivers, changing bios setting. Nothing helped.My system is:...
  3. Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod: Hi, I have issues with my pc freezing, crashing and showing bsod. It doesnt matter what im doing playing video games, web browsing or doing something in adobe programs, etc.I tried reinstalling windows, deleting drivers, changing bios setting. Nothing helped.My system is:...
  4. Windows 10 randomly decides to freeze completely

Windows 10 randomly decides to freeze completely: Hello there, as the title says my PC decides to randomly freeze at times completely/lock up i.e., Alt+F4 and Ctrl+Alt+Delete does not work requiring me to restart it through pressing the power button on my tower despite computer resources never actually being fully used up...
  5. Windows 10 randomly decides to freeze completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 randomly decides to freeze completely: Hello there, as the title says my PC decides to randomly freeze at times completely/lock up i.e., Alt+F4 and Ctrl+Alt+Delete does not work requiring me to restart it through pressing the power button on my tower despite computer resources never actually being fully used up...
  6. Windows 10 randomly decides to freeze completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My Pc freezes completely mostly random

My Pc freezes completely mostly random: Hey guys,I did everything in my power to solve this problem. I disassembled my complete pc, cleaned it and builded it back together. Updated the BIOS and all Drivers, reinstalled Windows as a fresh new system, disabled TPM, activated TPM, took a look at my energy settings but...
  8. Laptop freezes completely seemingly randomly,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes completely seemingly randomly,: I've had this asus laptop for a while but recently it's started freezing completely forcing me to restart it, it also happens consistently while it's booting after freezing, it sometimes doesn't happen for a while, and sometimes happens every time I try to boot in windows,...
  9. Laptop freezes completely seemingly randomly,

Laptop freezes completely seemingly randomly,: I've had this asus laptop for a while but recently it's started freezing completely forcing me to restart it, it also happens consistently while it's booting after freezing, it sometimes doesn't happen for a while, and sometimes happens every time I try to boot in windows,...
  10. Laptop completely freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop completely freezes randomly: random freezing while im doing things, it started happening about a month ago. i noticed the HDD/SSD light stops blinking when it freezes, i thought it was a problem related to the SSD but i did a S.M.A.R.T test and everything seems fine, i also tested the ram and it came...