Windows 10: Complete Freeze Short Time After Turning On Computer

Discus and support Complete Freeze Short Time After Turning On Computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After maybe 10 minutes, I get a complete freeze and I need to restart my computer. After many attempts of restarting, it usually works fine if it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by supereuropa, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Complete Freeze Short Time After Turning On Computer

After maybe 10 minutes, I get a complete freeze and I need to restart my computer. After many attempts of restarting, it usually works fine if it doesn't freeze in the first half an hour. I attached the log. I'd really need some help. Thank you!

:)

supereuropa, Aug 28, 2015
  2. clajdo Win User

N8 fault with WPA2 WiFi connections - BUG Found?

Having the same problem as everyone else. My N8 freezes after a short time of WLAN use while using WPA2 or WPA/AES. To some extent the problem seems to be helped by turning the WLAN power saving off but not completely. Heavy WLAN use (i.e streaming, downloading
    etc) will still freeze the phone and you have to hard reset it... it sucks...

When using WPA/TKIP it seems to work just fine...

clajdo, Aug 28, 2015
  3. windows 10 random freeze up when in the internet

My curser freezes, turns to a rotating circle for a short time and then back to regular curser.

thomashagspiel, Aug 28, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Complete Freeze Short Time After Turning On Computer

Supereuropa, hello and welcome to the forums. You had only 1 dump file. Please make sure your computer is configured for Small Memory Dumps. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Also, Please go to your last post and in the bottom left corner click 'My System Specs'. there is a link there to update your system specs, click it and fill them all out in as much detail as possible. Please list Manufacturer and Model, and list Desktop or Laptop. If it is an OEM, please list the Manufacturer and Model number. Please be sure to list your PSU and CPU cooler. If you would like to know what we would like, please click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post and see mine.

This is what your dump file says

Code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except. Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory. Arguments: Arg1: ffffffffffffff8b, memory referenced. Arg2: 0000000000000002, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation. Arg3: fffff8015eae4978, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory address. Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)[/quote] Next please right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time.

Please explain why you have KMS_Service.exe running and why there is an OS mismatch with your installation. Those are what is causing you problems and are also the signs of an illegal OS.

essenbe, Aug 29, 2015
  5. Sadly, I wasn't the one who installed Windows on this machine, and I have no idea what KMS_Service.exe is. I used to have Windows 8.1, but then someone (who installed 8.1 too on this machine) installed Windows 10, and since then I have these problems with the freezes.
    Please note that there is no BSOD, and that
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

dump is from an unrelated BSOD I think, and probably the only one I encountered.

I did the scan and it did not found any integrity violations.

What do you mean exactly by "OS mismatch"? What happened?

supereuropa, Aug 29, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    He means that you're Operating System is illegal.
    The service KMS_Service.exe is a service from KMSpico, a program to crack windows (activate windows illegal)
    This program modifies windows which can cause windows to behave erratically and even crash windows (BlueScreen Of Death)

7. Then please let me know how I can uninstall this KMS_Service.exe. However, if this KMS had done anything bad to the windows files, shouldn't it have been mentioned in the scan that he told me to do? Please keep in mind that I don't get BSODs, my computer simply freezes and I have to power it off.

8. axe0 New Member

What scan did he told you to do?

9. The "sfc /scannow" command.

10. essenbe Win User
    sfc does not scan all system files. You have quite a few error reports blaming this

Code: Problem signatureComplete Freeze Short Time After Turning On Computer :p1: Service_KMS.exe P2: 11.0.0.0 P3: 52a8d15d P4: Service_KMS P5: 11.0.0.0 P6: 52a8d15d P7: 717 P8: f P9: Debugger.Break P10: ---------- Problem signature: P1: 10.0.10240.16384 P2: 10.0.10240.16384 P3: To Be Filled By O.E.M. P4: 5 P5: 0 P6: AutoFailover P7: 1 P8: OsVersionMismatch P9: P10:[/quote]

essenbe, Aug 29, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Please clean install windows 10 using a valid license, the best way to remove the modifications without any traces left.

A clean install will also remove Daemon tools
    Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.

12. essenbe Win User
    Good catch axe0. I missed those.

essenbe, Aug 29, 2015
  13. Complete Freeze Short Time After Turning On Computer

Isn't there any other way? I really don't wanna do a clean install right now.

14. axe0 New Member
    I don't know what changes this program makes to windows, but if you know what this program has changed, there is a chance you could revert them back. Ofcourse I doubt it, because there is a great chance that this program replaces some files.

But to revert back what this program has done, good luck with researching...

Easiest way, clean install.

15. essenbe Win User
    Counterfeit installations such as yours contain heavily modified code that causes the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analyzing BSOD's and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is very unreliable. For this reason, many analysts won't attempt it.

My recommendation is to install a genuine Windows 10. This will minimize the problems you are experiencing, and make subsequent diagnosis of BSOD's far more reliable. Once you are running a Genuine Windows 7 installation, and are still experiencing BSOD's, we will be happy to help you solve them.

The thing is, I have a difficult time understanding why someone would go to the trouble to install an illegal copy of a program that was, basically, given away for free. I can only think of a couple of reasons and neither one of them is good.

essenbe, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Complete Freeze Short Time After Turning On Computer - Similar Threads - Complete Freeze Short

2. Computer freezes but not completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes but not completely: Ok so PC history first : Back in novemeber or december 2020 I upgraded the processor and MOBO for my PC, i went from i5 7600k with a z170 board to a Ryzen 7 3700x with a X570 board. I kept my nvidia GTX1080, my 16GB of RAM, and both of my drives 250GB NVme SSD for boot and...
  3. Computer completely freezing

Computer completely freezing: My computer has started to freeze randomly whenever I am doing something such as playing a game or browsing the Web. This issue has only been happening for a few days. I did have new internet installed a week ago but I can't see how that will cause my PC to freeze. Does...
  4. Since 2004 update, PC freezes then reboots shortly after turning on

Since 2004 update, PC freezes then reboots shortly after turning on: Since 2004 update, PC freezes then reboots shortly after turning on then generally runs fine for rest of day. I've checked all drivers are up to date & run memory test on RAM & used Aida64 to stress test system including GPU so don't think hardware is at fault. Not too...
  5. Computer Freezing shortly after start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Freezing shortly after start up: yesterday I got on my fairly new computer and it froze up a couple minutes after i turned it on, the only way I could turn it off is holding the power button for 10 seconds. I have tried many things, please help. submitted by /u/LardLord56789 [link] [comments]...
  6. Short freezes

Short freezes: Hi, when I click into like action centre and system, for example, I get very small brief full system lag/freezes which stops my mouse, sound, everything for that split couple seconds. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often. Anyone else experiences this and...
  7. Short freezes

Short freezes: Hi, when I click into like action center and system for example, I get very small brief full system lag/freezes which stops my mouse, sound, everything for that split couple seconds. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often. Anyone else experience this...
  8. Computer freezes after some time

Computer freezes after some time: I have been having some issues with games on Steam, maybe some of you run into the same issue. Steam opens normally, game starts okay, but after some time the computer just freezes. Not even an error message, not even a blue screen, it freezes. I have Geforce Experience...
  9. freezes and stops for a short time off and on .

freezes and stops for a short time off and on .: after starting notice my computer freezes sometimes and stops for a minute and does it off and on never done this before except last few days . I am not sure but thought maybe it came from and update ? is it ok to delete updates from a few days back ? I ran a virus scan and...
  10. Screen turns off shortly after turn on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen turns off shortly after turn on.: I have installed the Fall Creator's update that some how upset my printer settings but that is sorted. However I now find that when I turn on the computer the sign in screen appears but unless I log in within a few minutes the screen turns off. This is since the update so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus x541n freeze up after a short time