Windows 10: Complete Guide to Windows 10 Version 1703

Discus and support Complete Guide to Windows 10 Version 1703 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Sometime in Spring 2017, Microsoft will release the fourth major version of Windows 10 for PCs. Currently codenamed “Redstone 2,” this release is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Complete Guide to Windows 10 Version 1703

Read more: Complete Guide to Windows 10 Version 1703 - Thurrott.com

:)

Brink, Oct 19, 2016
  2. ericsen28 Win User

Windows 10 update stalls and fails to install.

I have an issue with Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703. It stalls out and does not complete. It failed to install on 9/16 and 10/3. However Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 (KB4023057) successfully installed on 10/3/17. I am confused as to
    why there is a difference of versions 1607 and 1703? Is 1703 an update of 1607? If so why does 1703 continually stall and not complete?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate / PC]

ericsen28, Oct 19, 2016
  3. Siisi Win User
    Windows 10 updates

I have windows 10 Home 1703 Version that is not updating windows, with information that updates not completed and undoing the installation after several restarts.

The updates are

2017-06 Cumulative update for windows10 Version 1703 (KB 40227250) and

2017-06 Security update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703

Can somebody help me with this?

Siisi, Oct 19, 2016
  4. Complete Guide to Windows 10 Version 1703

Now, when you uninstall in-box apps—like Mail, Maps, and the like—they will not be automatically reinstalled when you perform an OS upgrade. << Like that *Smile

The PIN entry pad you see at sign-in will now let the number keys on your keyboard work even if the NUM LOCK key is disabled at the time. << Sounds good, but every time I do an upgrade my login gets switched to password. *Mad

Windows 10 configures networks as public by default, which can disrupt connectivity with other devices on your network, including NAS storage. To fix this, be sure to change the network type to private. << Don't like that at all. *Sad

alphanumeric, Oct 19, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    Hope it's just fraction of things to come, most of it is already implemented in insider version. Update delivery has to be seriously updated. Right now updates for phones are in big trouble and other ones wait for long time too. My Lumia is sitting on Downloading updates on0% two days already and it's acknowledged that there is a problem.

CountMike, Oct 20, 2016
  6. prikker Win User
    Maybe file explorer finally with tabs?

prikker, Oct 20, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    Or dual pane ?

CountMike, Oct 20, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

I already have that*Smile
    And bookmarks!

Complete Guide to Windows 10 Version 1703 [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 20, 2016
  9. prikker Win User
    Maybe I should try that out, but I find it strange that it's not already standard in FE. I tried QTTabBar, but each time I open FE the tabs were gone and I had to re enable it.

prikker, Oct 20, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    We just need to be patient, they are slooooowly starting to add stuff users have been begging years for, like virtual desktops, that Linux users have had for years, and a very basic API code, for it, has been a part Windows for a long time, just not implemented with a UI.

Cliff S, Oct 20, 2016
  11. Edwin New Member
    From Paul Thurrott's Field Guide:

... except Edge and Cortana.
    Surprised the Store doesn't get re-installed automatically!

Edwin, Oct 21, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Probably because Cortana IS search, and Edge IS Explorer now, which are (beginning to be)part of File Explore now.

Cliff S, Oct 21, 2016
  13. Complete Guide to Windows 10 Version 1703

I'm thinking they are referring to Apps uninstalled via normal measures, the ones that actually give you an uninstall option. Not Apps you'll removed via powershell scripts etc. Store for me has the uninstall option greyed out. Edge isn't listed at all in Settings > Apps & features. Cortana isn't listed either but that may be because I'm running the Education version, it doesn't have Cortana.

alphanumeric, Oct 21, 2016
  14. Edwin New Member
    Not completely. Cortana and search-ms are still two separate CLSID's

Probably because they are System Apps and not 'Boxed' Apps.

Edwin, Oct 21, 2016
  15. Yeah, the Education version has Search, but no Cortana.

alphanumeric, Oct 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Complete Guide to Windows 10 Version 1703 - Similar Threads - Complete Guide Version

2. Guide for completely removing McAfee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Guide for completely removing McAfee: Look no further if you are like me and have been stuck with leftover McAfee processes after running the uninstallers.There are plenty of guides with canned answers from Microsoft that have done nothing but frustrate you; this is what you need to do.This is a known solution...
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade version 1703 issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade version 1703 issues: Hello, I am facing issues to upgrade Windows 10 ver. 1703 to higher versions. Due to this, i am not able to install any softwares from outside Microsoft Store, even though my system is not in S mode. I have tried using Windows update assistant, but still of no use. It is...
  4. The Complete Gadgets Guide for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    The Complete Gadgets Guide for Windows 10: What are Gadgets? Gadgets were a neat little feature of Windows 7: small boxes on your desktop, and sometimes in a sidebar that is always visible (even while other programs windows are open). These boxes have had some useful functions: clock, calendar, sticky notes, stuff...
  5. Windows 10 mobile version 1703

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 mobile version 1703: Hello Microsoft, so I bought a Microsoft Lumia 640 for my birthday and updated it to windows 10 mobile version 1703 and whenever I open Gameloft hub or Xbox console companion and a few other apps, they crash and go back to my homepage (start) i don't know what is the problem...
  6. Windows 10 Version 1703 Mysterious Watchdog !

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Version 1703 Mysterious Watchdog !: So I just upgraded to version 1703 , on rebooting I do get a black screen instead of windows loading logo which start compiling text in console like behavior similar to this : # Date # - Phase 0 : starting watch dog initialization # Date # - Phase 0 : loading...
  7. Windows 10 WADK for version 1703 download

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 WADK for version 1703 download: Hello, Is there a different way or alternate offline download link to the Windows 10 WADK for version 1703? I ask because I cannot download it at home due to my ISP restrictions on download sizes (shit internet). I cannot use the .exe that is to be run inorder to get the...
  8. Windows 10 version 1703 Defender

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 version 1703 Defender: Since the last update on 12 Apr 2017 (Creators update) I can't find out how to manually scan my computer with Defender. (interface has completely changed) The update went flawless and in the taskbar I can see the Defender icon. Opening that icon, Defender says that "my...
  9. [Guide] How to Uninstall OneDrive completely in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    [Guide] How to Uninstall OneDrive completely in Windows 10: Hey guys, I was wanting to do the same (remove the very annoying OneDrive) and while searching around the net I came across this. Note the very first post with the Batch file to remove the OneDrive from your Windows 10 install. I do not take credit for it, just posting what I...
  10. Stuck on version 1703

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on version 1703: Hello! I am new here and thank you for any support. Well, my Windows 10 is stucked on version 1703 build 15063.138 and as an Insider I've receiving the updates but it always fail. Right now it tried to install Windows 10 Insider Preview 16179.1000 (rs_prerelease) but...