Windows 10: Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting

Discus and support Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My lenovo laptop started freezinglike whole screen is frozen, mouse doesnt work and touchscreen is unresponsive sfc scannow helped once but this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shota khetsuriani, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting

My lenovo laptop started freezinglike whole screen is frozen, mouse doesnt work and touchscreen is unresponsive sfc scannow helped once but this problem came back a week later more severely. I have to mention I have both windows and ubuntu on my pc and both get the freezealthough windows OS freezes more quickly when I start it up and ubuntu lets me do some stuff for 5 minutes but afterwards it does the same. Scannow commadn does not work anymore, windows cant reset for some reson and it also cant repair, giving me errors such as stop code whea uncorrectable error. I guess I also have to men

:)

shota khetsuriani, Jan 24, 2023

2. My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

You laptop freezing and hanging could be caused by different possible scenarios. For us to address your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made on your computer? Like an update or a new programs was installed.
    • Was there a specific activity you were on when the computer freezes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 24, 2023
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 24, 2023
  4. 3Colors Win User

Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting

1. Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting - Similar Threads - Complete laptop freeze

2. My laptop Boots but Glitches and Restarts soon after!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop Boots but Glitches and Restarts soon after!: My laptop began to die very quickly and soon after it wasn't able to turn on without the charger being plugged in.I've gotten some blue screens over the past month. The frequent mini blue screen asking me to check my BIOS, the CMOS checkum is invalid.I just recently had a...
  3. Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot: My Dell G5 is running Windows 11 most recent build and all the patches installed. I reinstalled the OS a day since I had same issue before. After reinstalling OS, I installed latest versions of all the drivers. Still the problems persist. Please refer to the links of minidump...
  4. Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot

Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot: My Dell G5 is running Windows 11 most recent build and all the patches installed. I reinstalled the OS a day since I had same issue before. After reinstalling OS, I installed latest versions of all the drivers. Still the problems persist. Please refer to the links of minidump...
  5. Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting: My lenovo laptop started freezinglike whole screen is frozen, mouse doesnt work and touchscreen is unresponsive sfc scannow helped once but this problem came back a week later more severely. I have to mention I have both windows and ubuntu on my pc and both get the...
  6. Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting

Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting: My lenovo laptop started freezinglike whole screen is frozen, mouse doesnt work and touchscreen is unresponsive sfc scannow helped once but this problem came back a week later more severely. I have to mention I have both windows and ubuntu on my pc and both get the...
  7. sometimes while working or after boot my laptop has a grey screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sometimes while working or after boot my laptop has a grey screen: many time while having my online classes my laptop has a grey screen with a cursor, and a dialog box comes with a message 'the program isn't working' something like that. i click ok and my laptop stop working, it is still on but i can see nothing except grey.pls help because...
  8. Getting complete computer freezes / Sometimes boots to BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting complete computer freezes / Sometimes boots to BIOS: Hello All! Really struggling with this problem. The last month I have been getting freezes. The event logs give me two critical errors when restarting from a freeze. 1. The device HID-compliant headset location unknown is offline due to a user-mode driver crash....
  9. Asus Laptop Freezes Completely after a while when charger is plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus Laptop Freezes Completely after a while when charger is plugged in: Hello. I am facing a problem with Asus X541NA laptop Windows 10. I don't know whether it is ASUS or Windows 10 but, as soon as I plug the charger in after a while the laptop will freeze completely and I am not able to do anything apart from making a force shutdown from the...
  10. Laptop completely freezes while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop completely freezes while playing games: Hi, after installing windows 10 (clean install) my laptop completely freezes, so far happend only while playing games. This is possibly related to nvidia gpu, because basicaly nothing else uses it. I dont get any error or bsod and nothing in the event log, it just hangs with...