Windows 10: complete layer of taskbar has been widened vertically

Discus and support complete layer of taskbar has been widened vertically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop window 10 home. The taskbar and the whole layer which usually stays down in laptop is now covering half of my pc screen...how to solve it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ANSHUGANGWAR1, Dec 16, 2020.

1. complete layer of taskbar has been widened vertically

My laptop window 10 home.

The taskbar and the whole layer which usually stays down in laptop is now covering half of my pc screen...how to solve it.

:)

ANSHUGANGWAR1, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

vertical taskbar width

Hi Jim,

To be able to drag the taskbar and make it narrower the way you like it, please unlock it first.

To do it, here are the steps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and unlock it by unchecking the
      Lock all taskbars option.

• Drag the edge of the bar and arrange it according to your preference.
    • Right click on the task bar and lock it again once done.
    Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Taskbar on top layer (not position) in full screen mode

Hello,

Looks like you are having issue with your taskbar.

We recommend that you unpin all items from your taskbar and see if the issue persists.

Refer to the steps below to unpin apss from the taskbar:

complete layer of taskbar has been widened vertically 2568d4cb-eebf-4eaf-9f7d-494e6fd40266.png

• Right-click on the icon you want to unpin.
    • Select Unpin from taskbar.
    • Repeat process until all apps are removed.

If the suggestion above doesn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

complete layer of taskbar has been widened vertically

Multiple columns in vertical taskbar?

I'm guessing the 'Pinned' Taskbar Icons stay in a single row because of the whole thumbnail preview thing.
    Perhaps with a 3rd party utility...
    Multiple rows are easily achieved creating a new Toolbar, (right click Taskbar/Toolbars/New toolbar...)
    unlock the Taskbar and drag Toolbars to desired position by hovering of the double separator bars til you see a double headed arrow, (you can drag them over top of each other to flip their positions)...

complete layer of taskbar has been widened vertically [​IMG]

complete layer of taskbar has been widened vertically [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

complete layer of taskbar has been widened vertically

1. complete layer of taskbar has been widened vertically - Similar Threads - complete layer taskbar

2. Wifi Has Been Completely Taken Over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Has Been Completely Taken Over: Updated from old Router to new Xfinity Gateway. The Router is completely unplugged from everything with no power, I still have access to two WIFI networks that were from the old router but somehow are still available. I can still log in and use them even when I have my Router...
  3. Wifi Has Been Completely Taken Over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Has Been Completely Taken Over: Updated from old Router to new Xfinity Gateway. The Router is completely unplugged from everything with no power, I still have access to two WIFI networks that were from the old router but somehow are still available. I can still log in and use them even when I have my Router...
  4. Wifi Has Been Completely Taken Over

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. return vertical taskbar??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  6. return vertical taskbar??

return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  7. Vertical Taskbar Windows 11

Vertical Taskbar Windows 11: When will a patch enabling vertical Taskbar be released?I just downloaded Windows 11 only to discover I can't have a vertical taskbar - on a wide screen display! That is the first thing I tried to do when I logged in for the first time.This is a deal breaker.I am reverting...
  8. Flip vertical taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flip vertical taskbar?: Is there a utility to flip the vertical taskbar so that the start button and program icons are on the bottom? I have a secondary monitor with a vertical taskbar and it'd be nice to have the icons more in line with the end of my primary monitor. I'm already running 7+ Taskbar...
  9. Vertical taskbar width

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vertical taskbar width: There's a really nice tutorial on the old forums -> Taskbar - Change Icon Button Width Size - Windows 7 Help Forums Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for Windows 10. Is there a way to make the vertical taskbar as thin as the horizontal one? 95810
  10. How To Widen Open Program Windows in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Widen Open Program Windows in Taskbar: Hey. Hope I can explain this correctly. I recently performed a clean installation of Windows 10. Previously when I used to open programs on my taskbar (say Firefox) the icon would stretch and the window would be open. Now when I click on the icon, the programs open but the...