Windows 10: Complete Loss of Admin Rights

Discus and support Complete Loss of Admin Rights in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have been on windows X on personal PC since it was released, with regular updates. Upgraded and have Digital license, etc. Same computer. Discovered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 1retiredtspmgmd, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Complete Loss of Admin Rights

Have been on windows X on personal PC since it was released, with regular updates. Upgraded and have Digital license, etc. Same computer. Discovered today no longer have admin access and don't have privileges to manage user accounts nor activate the administrator. Bitdefender shows no unusual antivirus activity with full scan. Totally FRUSTRATED. It must have happened over a week ago because PC backups show the same problem. Windows repair doesn't work because it doesn't see account administrator. Net user shows all accounts including the Administrator, but can't use command prompt as administrator, can't use scannow, can't activate Administrator, nor even re-install Windows X or reset the PC unless administrator recognized. If administrator could be activated that would help, but none of the myriad options work. Won't even accept Windows X download as there is no "Yes" button to accept, only the "No." Fortunately all files are backed up but have a PC without admin access. What are the options? Thanks.

:)

1retiredtspmgmd, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 4, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Complete Loss of Admin Rights

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Complete Loss of Admin Rights :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Complete Loss of Admin Rights

1. Complete Loss of Admin Rights - Similar Threads - Complete Loss Admin

2. How to fix loss of Admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix loss of Admin?: I've been at this for a day now, I've been looking all over online and all the answers I've been getting haven't fixed it. I believe this all started because I had downloaded a VPN named "Hamachi" to play MineCraft Lan with a friend, I was dumb and used a old installer almost...
  3. How to fix loss of Admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix loss of Admin?: I've been at this for a day now, I've been looking all over online and all the answers I've been getting haven't fixed it. I believe this all started because I had downloaded a VPN named "Hamachi" to play MineCraft Lan with a friend, I was dumb and used a old installer almost...
  4. Admin Loss

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Loss: I lost my admin and can no longer download or uninstall applications, nor click anything in the control panel with a shield next to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/admin-loss/53bd12fd-3aaf-4fee-b9f3-4b049c033ccc
  5. No Admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin rights: Hi,I recently turned my PC off and when I have switched it back on, I have lost all admin rights on my PC.Certain programmes won't work such as Spotify and any games that I have installed through Xbox will not load both of which come up with the following error;'Windows...
  6. Loss of Admin rights

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of Admin rights: Hello all, This has been covered before in various places in the past, but I am unable to come up with a fix for myself no longer being an administrator, even though I am the owner/user/administrator of my pc. Every time I try to access some of the admin parts of the pc for...
  7. Loss of admin rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of admin rights: I lost admin rights in windows 10. I'm unable to download the media creation tool because of this. Is there a way to purchase one from Micro soft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-admin-rights/1c38cbdd-4f48-4456-a54b-fca53d776f10
  8. Admin rights

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin rights: I ran into this problem when I changed to windows 10 upgrade. Should I change my computer name to the Microsoft profile name or would it be easier to just change my Microsoft profile name to match my computer name? Thanks...
  9. Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Rights: How do I turn off passwords without being an Admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/admin-rights/298f50bc-2051-4905-94df-23c039e3c9c3"
  10. Loss of administator rights

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Loss of administator rights: Hello All While setting up my PC after upgrading from win7 I appear to have lost all my administrator rights. I can no longer open the (UAC) User Account Control. When I try to the "Yes" button is greyed out, and a message says that I need to enter an administrator...