Windows 10: Complete migration from old Windows 10 Computer to new Windows 10 Computer. How do I do it?

Discus and support Complete migration from old Windows 10 Computer to new Windows 10 Computer. How do I do it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I migrate from old PC to new PC?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinMonahan2, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Complete migration from old Windows 10 Computer to new Windows 10 Computer. How do I do it?

How do I migrate from old PC to new PC?

:)

KevinMonahan2, Jan 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 20, 2019
  3. aarnstone Win User
    migrating windows 10 to a new computer

I bought a retail version of windows8/8.1 and then upgraded to windows 10. my computer is 8 years old and i plan on getting a new i7 skylake chip based computer before the end of the year. the question is how do i migrate my C: drive and its programs to
    the new computer? do i just install 10 on the new computer's C: drive and then migrate from the old computer's C: drive to it?

aarnstone, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Complete migration from old Windows 10 Computer to new Windows 10 Computer. How do I do it?

Windows 10 Hardware change

Technically, a new motherboard constitutes a new computer and if your current copy of Windows 10 was an upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you need to buy a new W10 license. While the process may allow you to activate Windows 10 that was an upgrade, that does not make it legal to do so.

The current free Windows 10 program is only for people who currently have a legal copy of Window 7 or Windows 8.1 installed on their systems. And those upgrade licenses are NOT legally transferable to new computers.

If you purchased a full retail W10 license separately for your current computer and wish to install this W10 on this new computer, you can legally do that as long as you uninstalled it from the old computer.

Windows system builder licensing for personal use

The good new is, once you buy a new Windows 10 license, you can transfer it to a new computer as many times as you like. So this would be a one time purchase.

Bill_Bright, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Complete migration from old Windows 10 Computer to new Windows 10 Computer. How do I do it?

1. Complete migration from old Windows 10 Computer to new Windows 10 Computer. How do I do it? - Similar Threads - Complete migration old

2. How do i transfer old computer to new?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i transfer old computer to new?: old computer has windows 10. new one has windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-old-computer-to-new/29155073-5779-4ac9-afcf-df07c804fc1e
  3. How do i transfer old computer to new?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i transfer old computer to new?: old computer has windows 10. new one has windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-old-computer-to-new/29155073-5779-4ac9-afcf-df07c804fc1e
  4. how do I transfer people contacts from and old computer to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I transfer people contacts from and old computer to a new computer: I need to xfer people from a windows ten machine to a new windows 11 machine---how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-people-contacts-from-and-old/5ff2289b-454a-4e4b-b4ac-f55b3d16c8dc
  5. Migrate from Old Windows 7 Computer to New Windows 10 Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate from Old Windows 7 Computer to New Windows 10 Computer: I'm helping my daughters family move from he old W7 laptop to a new W10 laptop. The old one only had her user account. The new one will have additional users.I'm tried to determine the best approach to move data and programs from the old to new laptop and set up new users....
  6. migrating from old computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    migrating from old computer to new computer: I used zinstall to migrate. It took many hours to migrate and when it was done the new computer had a new name and the new user account only had 4 items in it. I looked around and found the old user account along with partial copies of the old user. What I want to know is how...
  7. How do I recover an old account on an old computer for a new computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I recover an old account on an old computer for a new computer?: We are trying to set up a computer for my sister for online school. The computer was given to us by a family member who had already set up an account using a 5+ year old account. Know one knows the password for the computer. No one knows the password to the account or the...
  8. Migrating Windows 10 to a new computer

Migrating Windows 10 to a new computer: While making a list of parts for my upcoming PC build, I was wondering if it is possible to install an HDD from an older prebuilt system and transfer Windows 10 to an SSD in the new build. Would it work? If so, would I still need an activation key? Thanks :...
  9. how do transfer and open backup from old computer to new windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do transfer and open backup from old computer to new windows 10: please let me know, I have downloaded the backup to new computer but how do you install and open in new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-transfer-and-open-backup-from-old-computer/5e16b20d-97ba-4647-a4ec-1b51ba55ad4c"
  10. Migration from old computer to new computer

Migration from old computer to new computer: My old computer is dying and I am about to buy a new one. I am a 73 year old disabled vet with difficulties and I need a migration program that will transfer everything for me. I understand they will not transfer security programs. I prefer to move everything from the old...