Windows 10: Complete Modularization of Default Apps

Discus and support Complete Modularization of Default Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Properly modularize system apps so users can install/uninstall them freely.Some examples are:Alarms & Clock,Camera,Cortana,Get Help,Get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LinsaFTW, Jun 19, 2021.

1. LinsaFTW Win User

Complete Modularization of Default Apps

Properly modularize system apps so users can install/uninstall them freely.Some examples are:Alarms & Clock,Camera,Cortana,Get Help,Get Started,Maps,Microsoft Edge,Microsoft Store,Photos,Video Editor,Your PhoneThis applications are nice to have for new users, but not for long-term users and users that want to switch to other applications it ends up being a bloat.Plus this applications are used as default apps in some cases, like in Cortana when searching the internet it uses MS Edge instead of my configured default browser .This applications require a proper modularization for the sake of

:)

LinsaFTW, Jun 19, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Complete Modularization of Default Apps :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 19, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Complete Modularization of Default Apps :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Complete Modularization of Default Apps

How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Complete Modularization of Default Apps

1. Complete Modularization of Default Apps - Similar Threads - Complete Modularization Default

2. Default apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default apps: I just installed MSOffice and am trying to set Word and Excel as default apps but am having no success. I've tried using the obvious methods available in Settings, but it doesn't even list them as apps! How do I solve this mystery?...
  3. Default apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default apps: I just installed MSOffice and am trying to set Word and Excel as default apps but am having no success. I've tried using the obvious methods available in Settings, but it doesn't even list them as apps! How do I solve this mystery?...
  4. Default apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Default Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Apps: It was so easy before to set default apps. I'd search 'default apps' and it would bringto a screen which I understood. Now I'm trying to set a third party email client as the default appfor mail but I'm totally lost.Any way to make this earier?James...
  6. default apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default apps: all the default apps are as required in the settings but the desktop shows vlc as the default app for all the other files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-apps/d6427207-346c-443d-a962-c0632e83723d"
  7. Default Apps

Default Apps: How can I set gmail as my default email app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-apps/3de71169-05e4-46ee-a0fb-4617a612e562
  8. Default apps

Default apps: Why can't I change the default app to open PHP files from WebMatrix 3 to Note Book? I go through the procedure but it doesn't do the job. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-apps/eff822af-d61f-4849-82e0-9847f5ba4d2b
  9. No default app.

No default app.: I've tried to set Brave as my default browser but Windows won't let me. The selection remains as Launch Windows App no matter how I try to amend it. (similar results with IE and Maxthon) I'm running W10 1803 on a Asus laptop, and the problem is unique to this machine. Any...
  10. default apps

default apps: I have a problem with default apps when I set them to preferred ones after restarts all of them came back to their defaults https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-apps/b368645f-0817-4909-9a33-badfd32ede3a