Windows 10: COMPLETE palm rejection on Windows 10

Discus and support COMPLETE palm rejection on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop HP ENVY x360 screen cracked and now it registers cracks as touches. Is there a possibility to make touchscreen work ONLY with Windows ink... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by saturnfebralski, Feb 12, 2020.

1. COMPLETE palm rejection on Windows 10

My laptop HP ENVY x360 screen cracked and now it registers cracks as touches.

Is there a possibility to make touchscreen work ONLY with Windows ink Pen and ignore other touches? Not only when the Pen is connected and the Pen cursor is on the screen but ALL the time?

:)

saturnfebralski, Feb 12, 2020

2. Palm Rejection Not Completely Work on Win 10

Thanks.

I confirm that Windows 10 Build 14393 also provides the option 'Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen," and it completely solves the my original two problems.

Thanks, too, Microsoft.

Meng-Yuan Huang, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Palm Rejection Not Completely Work on Win 10

I bought a Surface 3 with an SP4 Pen. The OS is Windows 10 build 10586.71. I confirm that there is no palm rejection problem on the two edges of the screen of my Surface 3.

However, my ASUS M80TA is broken. I can't confirm the screen edge palm rejection problem still exists on M80TA with Windows 10, or not.

Meng-Yuan Huang, Feb 12, 2020
  4. GiiG Win User

COMPLETE palm rejection on Windows 10

Palm Rejection Not Completely Work on Win 10

On my two m80ta's, Windows 10 palm rejection is awful and much worse than Windows 8.1. During note taking, palm rejection will fail subjectively in around 30-50% of cases, while on Windows 8.1 palm rejection fails maybe in 2% of cases.

The only workaround that made m80ta's usable for note taking is shameful, and it consists in moving the Taskbar out of the way (read: on the top side)

Also, when you stop writing, ironically touch sensing is not resumed immediately: so if you need to scroll the page in onenote, you have to wait 1 or 2 seconds, which is especially annoying when you are in a hurry trying to keep up with the lecturer pace.

As I said, shameful. Especially considering that Microsoft Windows 10 updating tool was nagging with updating and was saying that the device would be perfectly compatible.

Thema:

COMPLETE palm rejection on Windows 10

1. COMPLETE palm rejection on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - COMPLETE palm rejection

2. How to use palm rejection with a non-bluetooth stylus in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use palm rejection with a non-bluetooth stylus in windows 11?: I have recently bought an Active stylus pen from amazon that is a non-bluetooth stylus. While using it with my lenovo ideapad flex 5, palm rejection does not work on all apps, I have enabled the "ignore touch input when I'm using my pen". All drivers are up to date as well as...
  3. Palm rejection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Palm rejection: Hi, I just bought a lenovo ideapad duet 5i. When I move my palm in the screen while writing it makes the page move. I checked the box of ignore touch while writing both on Windows and Onenote. My pen is lenovo active pen 3 and its non bluetooth. Is there a way in Windows to...
  4. Palm rejection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Palm rejection: Hi, I just bought a lenovo ideapad duet 5i. When I move my palm in the screen while writing it makes the page move. I checked the box of ignore touch while writing both on Windows and Onenote. My pen is lenovo active pen 3 and its non bluetooth. Is there a way in Windows to...
  5. does windows 10 home support palm rejection??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does windows 10 home support palm rejection??: I have tried palm rejection settings - help found on the internet. But they all seem to be for Windows 10 Pro, because I don't see the same options in my convertible laptop which runs on Windows 10 Home. I am just wondering if Win10 Home support Palm Rejection. If so, I...
  6. does windows 10 home support palm rejection??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does windows 10 home support palm rejection??: I have tried palm rejection settings - help found on the internet. But they all seem to be for Windows 10 Pro, because I don't see the same options in my convertible laptop which runs on Windows 10 Home. I am just wondering if Win10 Home support Palm Rejection. If so, I...
  7. Disable Palm Rejection Zephyrus G15

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Palm Rejection Zephyrus G15: Hello, I have a Zephyrus G15 Laptop. I would love to turn off palm rejection so I can use the touchpad while using the keyboard for some games. This is easy to do when you have Synaptics drivers for your touchpad. This computer doesn't use Synaptics drivers, so I could use...
  8. Palm rejection no longer working

Palm rejection no longer working: Split from this thread. I have recently bought ASUS ZENBOOK FLIP UX362F for the sole purpose of teaching on note pad....but the palm rejection is not working...did all possible settings but its not helping at all...i m usning METAMOJI NOTE ,DRAWBOARD PDF and both of these...
  9. How to disable palm rejection

How to disable palm rejection: I'm trying to disable palm sensitivity on this laptop. It's very annoying since it prevents me from using the touchpad for a short amount of time right after typing. I looked online and it says that apparently I have to look into device settings after clicking the "Mouse"...
  10. Disabling Palm Rejection for Trackpad

Disabling Palm Rejection for Trackpad: How do I do that, I am going nuts just trying to do quick adjustments on a doc and getting stopped by this stupid palm rejection that is nothing more than a time lock on the trackpad after typing. I have windows precision drivers, so it should be controlled somewhere in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Palm rejection Windows 10

2. palm rejection in windows-10 doesnr work

3. enabling palm rejection windows 10 surface